TX - 10 deceased as a result of crowd surge at Astroworld festival, Houston, 5 Nov 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Excellent article

I also believe that livestreaming the show ( for more $$$) would also have been a reason the schedule didn't " spread the field" as the article describes.

Having been to Coachella, I can see exactly how a huge venue like that strategically and safely handles 100,000 people. And they have very dense security and a long controlled approach to the entrance so it would be very difficult for a lot of people to gate-crash without getting thrown out

Sounds like LiveNation will be facing some huge lawsuits.

Anytime someone commits fraud by entering the venue by gatecrashing, they are also avoiding the mandatory security check for weapons and contraband.

The event promoter and the artists should not be able to continue a performance if this is the situation

Travis Scott Astroworld festival: Everything you need to know | khou.com

“Is there a COVID policy?
Attendees must have a printed negative COVID-19 test or proof of full vaccination along with a valid state-issued ID.”

Did they just give up after the gate was stampeded and let whoever in without checking tickets, vaccination, weapons, drugs, etc?

<modsnip - cost of stage is off topic>
Tickets to the Astroworld program ( which Scott owns part of) start at $300 + $65 if you want the 2-day pass. VIP start at $725 + $69, and the top ticket was $1000 + $78.

Fans were complaining. Some saying they were excited to buy a ticket but thought about their kids and what nearly $800 for ONE person would do to their families budget with Christmas coming up

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent article

I also believe that livestreaming the show ( for more $$$) would also have been a reason the schedule didn't " spread the field" as the article describes.

Having been to Coachella, I can see exactly how a huge venue like that strategically and safely handles 100,000 people. And they have very dense security and a long controlled approach to the entrance so it would be very difficult for a lot of people to gate-crash without getting thrown out

Agree. And I bet live-streaming is why it didn't get shut down faster.

How much are Astroworld 2021 tickets and who is in the lineup?

“HOW MUCH ARE ASTROWORLD TICKETS 2021?
If you’re looking to nab yourself some festival tickets, you can purchase passes from the official Astroworld website here.

General admission starts at $349.99, with an additional $71.35 concert fee.

If you’re looking for something a little bit extra, the 2-day stargazing VIP tickets are for sale from $724.99. The stargazing VIP pass provides festival-goers with a special VIP viewing area, a VIP bar, and extra perks.

Going all out for Astroworld? The top-tier 2-day no bystanders VIP tickets are also available for purchase at $999.99 each.

Tickets are on sale now, with a no refund policy.”

I would be one pissed concert goer if I paid for VIP passes and hundreds of people stormed the VIP gates and got access for free.

Cancelled the second day - no refunds.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/astroworld-deaths-music-festival-houston-1.6239810
''Officials transported 17 people to hospitals, including 11 who were in cardiac arrest, Peña said. It wasn't clear whether all eight who died were among the 17 who had been transported to hospitals. Many people were also treated at the scene at NRG Park, where a field hospital had been set up. About 300 people were examined at that site throughout the day, he said.

Astroworld is a two-day music festival that was scheduled to take place Friday and Saturday in Houston. The event was sold out, according to the Astroworld website. Drake was among the performers on Friday. Saturday's performances have been cancelled.

Event promoters had arranged for medical units to be on scene at the festival, but once the crowd surge began, those units were "quickly overwhelmed," Peña said.''

Was this at the start? If so then the concert should have been cancelled right then and there. However, I have been in a crowd where there was a last minute cancellation and it was feisty.

This one hits me hard. Being at live music shows was pretty much my life from about age 15 to 25. Still have a bunch of ticket stubs from those. I know that feeling of being in the crowd and everyone starts pushing against you and its very scary.

Its a very primal feeling to not be able to breathe, or to not be able to escape, or to realize that no one can help you despite being surrounded by people. The victims here felt panic and terror before they died, which always makes it so much worse. And then all those who were injured, or trapped in the crowd but escaped, they are also going to be traumatized from this.

I thought about posting an emoji, but there is nothing that can accurately convey my feelings about this information (assuming that it is accurate). All JMO.

Tickets to the Astroworld program ( which Scott owns part of) start at $300 + $65 if you want the 2-day pass. VIP start at $725 + $69, and the top ticket was $1000 + $78.

Fans were complaining. Some saying they were excited to buy a ticket but thought about their kids and what nearly $800 for ONE person would do to their families budget with Christmas coming up

I realize that everyone has the right to spend their money as they feel fit, but I do believe those in the public eye have certain responsibilities that come along with their exposure and popularity, particularly if that notoriety is sought, and self-serving. All JMO.

Was this at the start? If so then the concert should have been cancelled right then and there. However, I have been in a crowd where there was a last minute cancellation and it was feisty.
This was at 2 and HPD says they got it under control right after that (which you can see in the video when the cop on horseback shows up and means business.). I don't disagree with your sentiment though.

Travis Scott Astroworld festival: Everything you need to know | khou.com

“Is there a COVID policy?
Attendees must have a printed negative COVID-19 test or proof of full vaccination along with a valid state-issued ID.”

Did they just give up after the gate was stampeded and let whoever in without checking tickets, vaccination, weapons, drugs, etc?

The concert should have been stopped before it even started due to all the people who breached security. The organizers failed to provide a safe environment for everyone who bought a ticket as a spectator and for the people who were working there.

I will say that it might be hard to see the crowd with the lights when performing however if Travis Scott was approached by whoever after the surge started and shooed them away that’s a different story. Obviously others not on the stage and we’re managing things knew what was happening though!

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back