TX - 26 dead, 20 injured in church shooting, Sutherland Springs, 5 Nov 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Checking in here, against my will. Not that I don't want to hang out with you guys, but I'm tired of these events. Weary, sad, disappointed, disgusted, angry....tired. What are we doing to ourselves?

I think I'm caught up by following all the news on my own today, but I'll back up a few pages to see what's happening on the thread.

Sorry to be here, but glad you're here. Ykwim.

:( :( :( :(

Just arriving to this thread but I read earlier the shooter was in full tactical gear? My first thought was Missy Bever's killer...any similarities in suspect descriptions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd, personally, not do it, but, that's the way it is here too. I can post a firearm for sale on my FB page, sell it to the first guy that comes along, and I'm good to go. The only problem I would have, is if I knew that I'd transferred the firearm to a felon. Nothing states that I have to ask though, asfaik.

Looks like you are right. It’s up to the purchaser to know whether they were legally able to own a gun. I thought the seller could suffer damages but a quick search doesn’t seem like it. Looks like the seller can expect a thorough check so I guess it was just advice.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/devin...rings-church-killer?source=twitter&via=mobile

Kelley was discharged from the Air Force in 2014, according to Defense Department records. Kelley was court martialed in November 2012 and a judge sentenced him with a bad-conduct discharge, 12 months confinement, and two reductions in rank to basic airman, according to an appeals court decision in 2013 that affirmed the decision against Kelley.

Was he married while he was in the AF?

This isn't the first shooting in a church. Dylan Roof was recent.
Though this might be the highest casualty count.

Sikh in Milwaukee. There are other church shootings. Hard to keep track of all of them

He wouldn't have been allowed to have facial hair while he was in. That mug shot is from 2013 and the info we have is that he was discharged in 2014.
I didn't know that wasn't allowed.
My next door neighbor's son is currently in England and in the Air Force, he grew facial hair. A mustache I think.
He's a Staff Sergeant.
Moo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I saw it. When did he shave his "beard"?
Moo

From what was posted on a MSM link {up thread} it appears it might have been October 31st? This year??

You'll have to look up thread for the link I posted which says to look at the 6th picture down and on the side of the pic {fb pic} it shows a woman asks didn't you have a beard...

My next door neighbor's son is currently in England and in the Air Force, he grew facial hair. A mustache I think.
He's a Staff Sergeant.
Moo

Mustaches (within specific regulations) and neatly trimmed sideburns are allowed.

He's a Staff Sergeant.
Moo

They’re allowed, Special Forces can have beards.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/devin...rings-church-killer?source=twitter&via=mobile

Kelley was discharged from the Air Force in 2014, according to Defense Department records. Kelley was court martialed in November 2012 and a judge sentenced him with a bad-conduct discharge, 12 months confinement, and two reductions in rank to basic airman, according to an appeals court decision in 2013 that affirmed the decision against Kelley.

Thank you for the info. So he went into the Air Force in 2009 & was court martialed by 2012.

“Bad Conduct” must’ve been pretty bad.

Hmmmmm......

[FONT=&amp] [video=twitter;927356639082053632]https://twitter.com/JimLaPorta/status/927356639082053632[/video][/FONT]

Thank you for the info. So he went into the Air Force in 2009 & was court martialed by 2012.

“Bad Conduct” must’ve been pretty bad.

Hmmmmm......

Hmm is right. At first I thought AWOL but spending a year confined and considering he was married I wonder if it was a domestic violence charge.

Not sure about the world. Seems like there is one place in the first world that has this happen continuously

Yes because America is the only place on earth with senseless violence. GMAFB

If it's true he knew at least one person who attended the church, I'm thinking the shooting wasn't for or against God or religion, necessarily, but against that person (or group of people).

My hunch - though it's still very early in the investigation - is that he wanted to destroy something that was unattainable to him - maybe he felt rejected by the person(s) in the church and would never be accepted because from the looks of it, he wasn't doing very well in life. He couldn't keep up with the world, couldn't fit in with church people or whatever....and he blew it all up rather than face the effort it would take to improve himself.

Total speculation and completely open to changing my mind when we know more.

jmopinion

They’re allowed, Special Forces can have beards.

Special Forces is Army and there are special rules that apply to Green Berets wearing beards. Wouldn't have applied to the shooter today while he was in the Air Force..

Ugh I hate that I felt relief to learn the killer was a white male...just can't take more of the racial blaming that comes from the top...jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member