TX - 26 dead, 20 injured in church shooting, Sutherland Springs, 5 Nov 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The other picture kittythehare shows him with a beard and it looks like a recent pic. It's not the same as the mugshot picture.

Yeah, I can't tell. I'm usually pretty good at being able to tell, but this one I just can't tell if it is the same guy or not.

What’s with these killers & their mother-in-laws lately?

First it was Melinda P of Ohio on Sept 23rd shot & stabbed by her soon to be SIL

....and now this killer goes on a rampage in the town where his MIL has a P.O. box & allegedly goes to that church?!

Has it been reported if his wife or MIL was in that church at that time?

With a dishonorable discharge, the shooter shouldn't have passed a background check. I wonder how he acquired multiple weapons. The brave neighbor who shot him may have prevented further deaths as he had more weapons in his car. Unless the shooter left a journal or confided in someone, we may never know what his plans were. All MOO.

could he have perhaps purchased it prior to his dishonorable discharge? I don’t know what age one can buy a gun like that.

So what I'm hearing is that he was possibly an angry atheist who opened fire on conservative Christians out of....what...hate for them?

Idk. Following an atheist site doesn't mean that you're an atheist. I have an atheist friend who follows a Catholic priest... I think you are right, he was angry, and maybe in pain, over something. This guy, and the Vegas guy, I think they wanted their little corner of the world to feel destruction, by their hands, maybe for some perceived injustice, or hurt, or the gambling wasn't fun anymore (LV), God had let him down (TX). They can't destroy the world but they can destroy their little piece of it. He showed us how much he hated hated them/us. Maybe for enjoying something he couldn't, any longer. If one of us were there, he'd have shot us too.

That only applies when you ourchase a firearm from a licensed dealer. Texas allows private firearms sales without filling out a form 4473 or a background check.

Kinda defeats the purpose of background checks, doesn't it?? No wonder there are so many crazies running around with semi-automatics! And yet people are against controlling them?

What's more important right now is that this community must be in absolute pain and anguish. I wish I could reach through my computer screen and give them hugs. :cry: :tears:

I'm angry. Angry that this happened. Angry that it will happen again. I'm angry, I'm sad, I'm frustrated.

God bless all those lost, injured and suffering today.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

could he have perhaps purchased it prior to his dishonorable discharge? I don’t know what age one can buy a gun like that.

18 and a resident of the state from my reading. I thought handguns were 21 but looks like that’s just to carry. Not sure the date on that pic.

Edited to add:
It is 21 for handguns by wiki. 18 for the others. Some things were changed recently regarding open carry and costs and I’m not sure if the age changed, wouldn’t apply to the past though.

I believe private dealers are supposed to ask a series of questions prior to sale. If the buyer lies, there isn’t much a seller can do about it. I’m not positive, I’ve only purchased through a dealer.

Many, many of the threads of this type have been locked because of gun control talk. Not the time or the place. We all know what the arguments are for both sides and they have no place on this thread. Please don't get us locked out while events are still unfolding. There are lots of threads downstairs to take up the debate if you're so inclined.

Many, many of the threads of this type have been locked because of gun control talk. Not the time or the place. We all know what the arguments are for both sides and they have no place on this thread. Please don't get us locked out while events are still unfolding. There are lots of threads downstairs to take up the debate if you're so inclined.

Fair enough, regardless of how he obtained it, he still had a weapon and multiples in his vehicle.

I want to know what he was discharged for. He was in logistics and supplies. Did he steal things and hide it in the books? I was thinking with the possible drug arrest he was using military shipments to move drugs or some other contraband but that doesn’t seem like it was him. Are discharges a matter of public record like other felonies? I really have no idea and just theorizing.

Kinda defeats the purpose of background checks, doesn't it?? No wonder there are so many crazies running around with semi-automatics! And yet people are against controlling them?

What's more important right now is that this community must be in absolute pain and anguish. I wish I could reach through my computer screen and give them hugs. :cry: :tears:

I'd, personally, not do it, but, that's the way it is here too. I can post a firearm for sale on my FB page, sell it to the first guy that comes along, and I'm good to go. The only problem I would have, is if I knew that I'd transferred the firearm to a felon. Nothing states that I have to ask though, asfaik.

I think it is, there was a picture of him from his FB on a MSM site, and there were some people commenting on the right side. One woman asked when he shaved off his beard. In the AL picture, he has a beard, but I will check again.
I saw it. When did he shave his "beard"?
Moo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

https://www.thedailybeast.com/devin...rings-church-killer?source=twitter&via=mobile

Kelley was discharged from the Air Force in 2014, according to Defense Department records. Kelley was court martialed in November 2012 and a judge sentenced him with a bad-conduct discharge, 12 months confinement, and two reductions in rank to basic airman, according to an appeals court decision in 2013 that affirmed the decision against Kelley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member