TX - 26 dead, 20 injured in church shooting, Sutherland Springs, 5 Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have also known my nephew his entire life. In fact I was there at the hospital the day he was born. I have never known him to be careless with any gun. He has taken numerous gun safety courses and owned so many guns I used to joke that his house was a little gun show.

He recently bought an AR 15 at a gun shop. At this particular gun shop you can go in back and test fire the gun before you buy it. He went back, loaded the gun with a few bullets, test fired it, then took it to the front and bought it. He put the gun in his car and drove to his parents home to show them. They were sitting on their front porch which is made of concrete. My nephew had the rifle pointed toward the ground, went to pull back the eject lever, hit the trigger instead. The gun fired, the bullet hit the concrete porch and ricocheted missing his mothers head by inches and hitting the wall of the house behind her.

My nephew sold every gun he had the next day. His house is now a gun free zone.

I don't understand the connection you're trying to make. Are you suggesting my nephew is careless with his guns?

Anyway. Your story still doesn't address the question: How are people to know, if we see a picture on Facebook, that it's ominous and dangerous and the gun is about to be used in a shooting vs. it's posted by someone who wants to show off a gun and is going to the range tonight?

No link since it's on the TV but MSNBC just said he was court-martialed in 2012 for assault on his wife and assault on his child and received a bad conduct discharge.

The gunman previously served in the U.S. Air Force, an Air Force spokesperson confirmed to Fox News. Kelley served at Holloman Air Force Base in New Mexico from 2010 until his discharge.

He was court-martialed in 2012 for assaulting his spouse and his child. Kelley received a bad conduct discharge from the Air Force, in addition to confinement for 12 months and was reduced in rank.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/05/texas-church-shooting-who-is-gunman-devin-patrick-kelley.html

So far my theory (around post #506 as posts are being deleted) is standing up.

I don't say this to brag. Without any examples straight to hand, it seems to me a lot of these kinds of incidents have a DV component.

It's my theory too, and in many shootings there is a domestic violence component somewhere.

In my speculation I included she had just left or was planning to leave because that's usually the most dangerous time.

I don't understand the connection you're trying to make. Are you suggesting my nephew is careless with his guns?

Anyway. Your story still doesn't address the question: How are people to know, if we see a picture on Facebook, that it's ominous and dangerous and the gun is about to be used in a shooting vs. it's posted by someone who wants to show off a gun and is going to the range tonight?
In some cases, by looking at the rest of their profile. There are sometimes clues.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It's my theory too, and in many shootings there is a domestic violence component somewhere.

In my speculation I included she had just left or was planning to leave because that's usually the most dangerous time.

Yep, you called it on the military discharge.

I have a feeling that the situation with wife #2 was going in the same direction. Instead of losing his military career, this time he was going to be the one in charge and destroy others.

jmopinion, total speculation with what we know now

In some cases, by looking at the rest of their profile. There are sometimes clues.

I don't know about that. Sometimes people fake stuff on Facebook, and a lot of people want to appear like they're bad and dangerous when they're just not. They post pictures of guns or of themselves decked out in SWAT gear and it's just a game and they're harmless. Even though the pictures might look scary and they like Soldier of Fortune magazine and Ted Nugent.

If only it were as simple as being able to sleuth a Facebook account maybe we wouldn't have so many shootings.

I think it’s going to be about the killer being a misfit, immature prankster, unable to hold down a job to support his family (which could have caused him some angst from his mother in law), and low self esteem turned into anger. He’s someone who has not succeeded at anything in life thus far but needs to blame anyone & anything but himself.

I think the killer was blaming the church where his mother in law (¤t wife) attended because he didn’t like their influence on his life. He couldn’t deal with the pressure of being a productive family man and citizen. I think mother in law (& maybe the wife) wanted and expected him to be a man & not some teen-like boy playing video games in the basement all day.

I think the killer has made a life out of excuses on why he has failed over and over again while the truth was readily apparent to everyone. Shouldn’t he get a trophy just for showing up? Of course we all know that’s not how to achieve your dreams.

All moo.

Something I am thinking too.

Not any real connection. Just that sometimes the people we think we know best surprise us by doing something we never thought they would do.

Like my nephew being careless and not counting the bullets he had fired and almost shooting his own mother in the head. I would not in a hundred years have thought someone as experienced with guns and as careful as him with them would have ever been that careless.

If you think about it, the first thing every relative of a mass murderer says is "I never thought he/she would do something like that". Take the brother of the Las Vegas shooter, who in his first interview, said his brother was never a gun person, in fact he didn't think he even owned a gun. Turned out his brother owned about 40 guns.

Not any real connection. Just that sometimes the people we think we know best surprise us by doing something we never thought they would do.

Like my nephew being careless and not counting the bullets he had fired and almost shooting his own mother in the head. I would not in a hundred years have thought someone as experienced with guns and as careful as him with them would have ever been that careless.

If you think about it, the first thing every relative of a mass murderer says is "I never thought he/she would do something like that". Take the brother of the Las Vegas shooter, who in his first interview, said his brother was never a gun person, in fact he didn't think he even owned a gun. Turned out his brother owned about 40 guns.

Okay... but my nephew didn't go shoot up a church today, and my nephew is not the only person posting pictures of guns on Facebook. He's not the only nephew I have posting pictures of guns! Maybe you don't know any gun owners or hunters, so you never see pictures of guns on Facebook?

I don't know about that. Sometimes people fake stuff on Facebook, and a lot of people want to appear like they're bad and dangerous when they're just not. They post pictures of guns or of themselves decked out in SWAT gear and it's just a game and they're harmless. Even though the pictures might look scary and they like Soldier of Fortune magazine and Ted Nugent.

If only it were as simple as being able to sleuth a Facebook account maybe we wouldn't have so many shootings.
Well, not true that we would not have as many shootings if we could identify them because when you do identify the nuts, unless they've committed a crime yet, can't really do anything about it. And I think there are way too many nuts to watch.

And I'm not talking about looking strictly for more weapons and tactical gear pics. I think you are missing my point because you may think I'm attacking people like your nephew. I'm talking about looking at other behaviors that have nothing to do with the guns. People are outrageously straightforward sometimes on SM about the crap that goes on in their heads, and they really don't seem to realize how abnormal it is. When you add up all the behaviors, sometimes you get a disturbing picture. That's what I'm saying.

What are we doing to ourselves? We have allowed God and prayer to be thrown out of our school. Even the ten commandments can't be displayed in some places. We have allowed morality and decency to be done away with. There is no longer any right or wrong, everything in this country is under attack from one segment or another. We have nothing left to stand on, or to stand for. Our house is rotten, from the top to the bottom. Why are any of us surprised that the whole edifice is collapsing?

MOO

Hm. Interesting viewpoint . All of the church sex abuse scandals? I wonder if other first world nations have similar shootings?

For our WS Vets: does “confinement” mean confined to the base or actually imprisoned?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It means confinement to a military prison. It could have been here at Forth Leavenworth or somewhere else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member