TX - 26 dead, 20 injured in church shooting, Sutherland Springs, 5 Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, not true that we would not have as many shootings if we could identify them because when you do identify the nuts, unless they've committed a crime yet, can't really do anything about it. And I think there are way too many nuts to watch.

And I'm not talking about looking strictly for more weapons and tactical gear pics. I think you are missing my point because you may think I'm attacking people like your nephew. I'm talking about looking at other behaviors that have nothing to do with the guns. People are outrageously straightforward sometimes on SM about the crap that goes on in their heads, and they really don't seem to realize how abnormal it is. When you add up all the behaviors, sometimes you get a disturbing picture. That's what I'm saying.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I don't think you're attacking my nephew. I think maybe you missed my original point, the comment I first made about seeing the picture he posted of his gun on Facebook. (Which may not have been real anyway.)

That's fine if you can tell when someone bad posts a picture of a gun vs. when someone good posts a picture of a gun. That's great! My point was, hey, it's America. We love our guns. We post pictures of them. If this guy posted a picture of his new gun on Facebook it is not by any means a weird or freaky thing to have done. It's a common thing. No behaviors, no other pictures or likes. Just a picture of a gun. In our world at the moment it is a totally, normal, acceptable, common thing. A photo of a gun is not a red flag.

I've tried to make it as simple as I can and I'm speaking as someone who has many friends and family members who are hunters and gun owners.

His wife is FB friends with a girl who has the last name as the pastor of that church. His wife's FB says she lives in Sutherland Springs TX and is from there. News media reports his MIL has a P.O. box there.
Yes and sadly it looks like the MIL and pastors wife are besties. How sad. Heartbreaking

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

[FONT=&quot] [video=twitter;927382903230566400]https://twitter.com/AFP/status/927382903230566400[/video][/FONT]

The 1968 Gun Control Act made it unlawful for a licensed firearms dealer to sell a weapon to a person with a dishonorable discharge or for such a person "to ship or transport in interstate or foreign commerce, or possess in or affecting commerce, any firearm or ammunition; or to receive any firearm or ammunition which has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...rch-shooting-devin-kelley-20171105-story.html

From link: "Kelley then volunteered as a teacher for Bible studies at Kingsville First Baptist Church, according to his LinkedIn which shows him posing which a young child. Police are now investigating the possibility that Kelley was in a local militia group."

First time I've seen the militia angle in MSM. But dailymail, so.
That makes sense for a disgruntled ex-military guy to be in the militia. I'll go take a look at a source on militias and see if she has said anything yet.

Hm. Interesting viewpoint . All of the church sex abuse scandals? I wonder if other first world nations have similar shootings?

Eh I’m not a religious person I don’t think we’re doomed because god and Jesus aren’t in our schools and honestly here in texas they’re all up in our schools. But there’s that first world thing again. It’s weird that we all want to be equal but we still separate worlds.

His wife, kids, and her family may very well have been his target here. JMO

http://kxan.com/2017/11/05/what-we-know-about-the-alleged-sutherland-springs-church-shooter/

Public records show Kelley’s last address was in New Braunfels, and that his wife’s family lived in Sutherland Springs. A KXAN News crew saw law enforcement at his listed address on Farm to Market 2722 near New Braunfels Sunday evening.

Stefanek says he was court-martialed in 2012 for two counts of assault — assault on his spouse and assault on their child. Kelley received a Bad Conduct Discharge and 12 months in confinement.

I'm not sure she escaped. I'm eagerly waiting for information on her and the kids.

But I'm betting his discharge had something to do with violence.

You'd be right about the discharge. Just posted the article above

The Facebook page is FAKE?!!

And wow, the rest of the hoaxes. It's sad and gross.
I think the part that was fake was the antifa pic. I think they mixed real screen shots with false stuff.

I don't know that it's fake. They aare showing the same Facebook in this link..
http://kxan.com/2017/11/05/what-we-know-about-the-alleged-sutherland-springs-church-shooter/

3. This is not the shooter's Facebook page.

A fake Facebook account was being spread on social media hours after the news broke, but the page is not real.

Picture at the link. Just his face and the picture of the gun, nothing about atheism or antifa.

Theres usually a few new profiles on fb and twitter after major events.. not sure which article referred to tho'

I was referring to the one from Buzzfeed about the various hoaxes and fake stories put out regarding the shooter and the events today. The profile picture in it is different from the profile picture in one that was going around earlier claiming to be his Facebook page.

At this point unless it's officially released by LE how can we know?

What am I missing? They look the same?
BuzzFeed on left, news article on right.
657e2ce3f6f11464988984803b867ece.jpg
64198454bbb594fc80a7090cbc98a013.jpg

I would really like to know if the wife and kids are okay...
I'm worried that the "local who killed his family first" rumor might be partly true... ugh.

I would really like to know if the wife and kids are okay...
I'm worried that the "local who killed his family first" rumor might be partly true... ugh.
People are speculating that is why LE didn't release his name right away.
Awful

I was referring to the one from Buzzfeed about the various hoaxes and fake stories put out regarding the shooter and the events today. The profile picture in it is different from the profile picture in one that was going around earlier claiming to be his Facebook page.

At this point unless it's officially released by LE how can we know?
Buzz is pretty ruthless and vigorous.. I knew you were referring to the buzz article, btw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drumgirl29