TX - 26 dead, 20 injured in church shooting, Sutherland Springs, 5 Nov 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She is totally on my mind, along with her mom. My heart truly is with them, I completely respect the need for their privacy, though I would like assurances they are with each other, with a support system...any word would be appreciated.

But, bottomline, they get to decide how they want to communicate or not communicate.

I'm teary-eyed writing this. This has got to be living HELL for them and that's just so sad.

jmopinion
Her immediate family was NOT in attendance that Sunday!

"Shields's immediate family was not in attendance at the church on Sunday, so investigators are looking into why Kelley targeted the congregation that day opposed to another service."*

http://www.newsweek.com/texas-churc...eatened-mother-law-who-attended-church-703266

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Anyone surprised?
Moo

no, not at all. So far follows a distinct pattern of animal cruelty, DV, sexual assaults. It all fits and it was escalated to breaking an infant's skull! The writing was on the wall.

I wonder what stalled the sexual assault investigation. Not enough evidence maybe? or did he terrorize the hell of victim into silence. Pages back there is a link to a report of a former girlfriend stating when she broke up with him he stalked her and assaulted her. Wonder what the nature of type of assault. How many others too afraid of him to speak up over the years. Pondering here.

Who stalled? An expensive lawyer is my guess...
I have a feeling other people abused by him Kay come forward.
Probably dozens IMO.

no, not at all. So far follows a distinct pattern of animal cruelty, DV, sexual assaults. It all fits and it was escalated to breaking an infant's skull! The writing was on the wall.
Abusing the dogs happened after the infant. This man was willing to abuse and assault ANY ONE HE SAW FIT.
I am really surprised he himself had never been attacked of shot before!
Moo

Abusing the dogs happened after the infant. This man was willing to abuse and assault ANY ONE HE SAW FIT.
I am really surprised he himself had never been attacked of shot before!
Moo

That's the one he was caught for. If we were to investigate I think this has been a lifelong pattern of abuse. If not when did it start? I'd like to know what psych meds he was on. Some have crazy side effects.

That's the one he was caught for. If we were to investigate I think this has been a lifelong pattern of abuse. If not when did it start? I'd like to know what psych meds he was on. Some have crazy side effects.
I'm sure he did it before!
His doing it after 12 mos in Leavenworth proves nobody tells him what to do!
***the horses mentioned were located!! [emoji237] [emoji237]

MOO

Mass shootings are not side effects of any psych medications that I'm aware of. Medication did not turn him into an abuser keep him an abuser or buy a gun or lead him to that church.

Have a feeling this is one of those "situations" where *civilians/LE didn't pursue charges because someone persuaded them that it would taint any employment (or apt/home rentals, voting, gun ownership, passport, etc.) he might want in the future....ie., felony on his record.

I've seen this so many times, and yet have NOT observed any positive outcome.

*the Air Force might as well be grouped in with them from what I've read, and experienced in a 10 year relationship with a AF Nam vet.....bipolar/psychotic episodes/schizophrenia/PTSD, and enough weapons and ammunition to take out a small town. He's voluntarily been hospitalized for the 4th time this YEAR. And..........he has a CCW, which really doesn't matter because we're in Arizona. But sure as ****, none of his counselors/Dr.s would listen to me when we were together and they certainly wouldn't now.

Have a feeling this is one of those "situations" where *civilians/LE didn't pursue charges because someone persuaded them that it would taint any employment (or apt/home rentals, voting, gun ownership, passport, etc.) he might want in the future....ie., felony on his record.

I've seen this so many times, and yet have NOT observed any positive outcome.

*the Air Force might as well be grouped in with them from what I've read, and experienced in a 10 year relationship with a AF Nam vet.....bipolar/psychotic episodes/schizophrenia/PTSD, and enough weapons and ammunition to take out a small town. He's voluntarily been hospitalized for the 4th time this YEAR. And..........he has a CCW, which really doesn't matter because we're in Arizona. But sure as ****, none of his counselors/Dr.s would listen to me when we were together and they certainly wouldn't now.

I have too. Giving abusers a chance is never a good idea. All we teach them is what tricks will help them get away with it next time.

Our society keeps passing the buck. What he needed was a much longer stay in prison with mental help. Not a slap on the wrist and given an opportunity to cause more grief!

Evilness is not a mental condition that mental health services can cure.

Mass shootings are not side effects of any psych medications that I'm aware of. Medication did not turn him into an abuser keep him an abuser or buy a gun or lead him to that church.

Same here, it's usually the lack of meds that snowball into something like this. Jared Loughner/Gabby Giffords is a good example.

Beginning to wonder if some money helped make things slip through cracks.

Dear Isabelle,

I definitely believe this. How else could he have "kept" so many criminal charges away.

He fell through "too many" cracks to not be locked up somewhere.

Friends in high places? More likely connections through his wealthy relatives.

So tragically sad.

Dear Isabelle,

I definitely believe this. How else could he have "kept" so many criminal charges away.

He fell through "too many" cracks to not be locked up somewhere.

Friends in high places? More likely connections through his wealthy relatives.

So tragically sad.

He didn't fall through any "cracks", someone or something built bridges for him to cross over them. "Enablers".

After the investigation will systems change to prevent something like this from happening again ?

Will domestic violence reports be considered more heavily than they do now?

Will lessons be learned from this horrid event that will actually make a difference?

I hope and pray for this.

I think we're going to need a time line as more info comes in.

He was in the mental ward during his military service:

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/11/07/562607996/before-his-military-trial-texas-shooter-escaped-mental-health-facility

The incident came shortly after Kelley was placed in pre-trial confinement by the Air Force, as he waited for his court-martial for assaulting his wife and young stepson.
Kelley was kept in pre-trial confinement for months, a U.S. official tells NPR's Tom Bowman.

Late in the evening on June 13, according to the police report, the Peak official told El Paso police officers that Kelley was a missing person who "suffered from mental disorders" and had plans to run away from the facility and take a bus out of the state.
According to the report, the employee told police that Kelley "was a danger to himself and others as he had already been caught sneaking fire arms onto [Holloman Air Force] base" and "was attempting to carry out death threats that [he] had made on his military chain of command."

This has been such a totally avoidable tragedy if the powers that be had done their job. :stormingmad:

He didn't fall through any "cracks", someone or something built bridges for him to cross over them. "Enablers".

Dear Bernina,

I absolutely agree!

By protecting someone from criminal charges - this doesn't help the person - it simply enables them to stay on the same path of destruction.

Put an end to criminal charges being quashed with no due process.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly
Back