TX - 26 dead, 20 injured in church shooting, Sutherland Springs, 5 Nov 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
CNN
Made threats against military chain of command

I find it so very disturbing that the military did not give him a Dishonorable Discharge considering his level of violence followed by an escape from a mental health facility. And it's disturbing again that they didn't make sure that he was added to the FBI's database that would have prevented him from legally purchasing a weapon. There has to be a procedure for all of this red tape, how could it possibly be missed, especially with an extreme case like this.

Yes, I do realize he probably could have found weapons illegally anyway, but not as easily, not to mention that it's the principal of the thing... and that our military could be so grossly incompetent is a disgrace.

Seriously, there are so many "mistakes" made concerning this violent psychopath, one might lean towards to the conclusion that it would be practically impossible to do so. Idk, I do wonder though.

Her immediate family was NOT in attendance that Sunday!

"Shields's immediate family was not in attendance at the church on Sunday, so investigators are looking into why Kelley targeted the congregation that day opposed to another service."*

http://www.newsweek.com/texas-churc...eatened-mother-law-who-attended-church-703266

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

But her 71 year old grandmother was there and she was one of the victims he murdered. She was the mother of Mrs.Kelley's mother. :(

So they are also in deep mourning from losing someone who was very precious to them, I am sure.

From the articles I have read about her grandmother she was known by everyone as a very loving, giving, and kind woman always with a smile on her face.

So this tragedy struck close to home for the Shields family too plus I am sure she and her family knew everyone that was murdered or injured. They all have to be so devastated about what has happened. Even though none of this was the fault of his wife or her family they have to be feeling so overwhelmed with grief that the hatred against his m-i-l may have sparked this murderous rage. That has to be such an awfully hard burden to carry for her and all of her family. I hope they realize none of this was their fault but if they blame themselves it will take years of therapy or maybe a lifetime to overcome the guilt they may feel.

I pray for all of the Shields family including DK's wife and children. I hope the media leaves them alone when they have the funeral service for her grandmother.

IMO

Our society keeps passing the buck. What he needed was a much longer stay in prison with mental help. Not a slap on the wrist and given an opportunity to cause more grief!

It's almost as if they released him knowing exactly what he might do.

This link was posted earlier. No mention that DK was with his wife when he took the children to the church fall festival/haloween function on Oct 31st. No apparent animosity between him and his MIL either, seemed as if he was welcomed. Wonder what set him off.

Killer celebrated with Sutherland Springs churchgoers five days before the bloody rampage

".......The mother-in-law, Michelle Shields told Read she was so excited to see Kelley there voluntarily with her grandchildren....."
http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...chgoers-five-days-12338056.php#photo-14504200

Second mention --

" Tackitt told reporters Tuesday: "The pastor told me he was here at the festival Halloween night, saw him in the crowd." Tackitt says the pastor told him Devin Kelley had attended services at the church before."
http://www.kwtx.com/content/news/Deadly-shooting-in-Sutherland-Springs-leaves-26-dead-455481103.html

But her 71 year old grandmother was there and she was one of the victims he murdered. She was the mother of Mrs.Kelley's mother. :(

So they are also in deep mourning from losing someone who was very precious to them, I am sure.

From the articles I have read about her grandmother she was known by everyone as a very loving, giving, and kind woman always with a smile on her face.

So this tragedy struck close to home for the Shields family too plus I am sure she and her family knew everyone that was murdered or injured. They all have to be so devastated about what has happened. Even though none of this was the fault of his wife or her family they have to be feeling so overwhelmed with grief that the hatred against his m-i-l may have sparked this murderous rage. That has to be such an awfully hard burden to carry for her and all of her family. I hope they realize none of this was their fault but if they blame themselves it will take years of therapy or maybe a lifetime to overcome the guilt they may feel.

I pray for all of the Shields family including DK's wife and children. I hope the media leaves them alone when they have the funeral service for her grandmother.

IMO

Great post. Well said, and thank you for saying it. Heartbreaking.

Um what? I'm gonna retract my former theories that mental health help could not be afforded for him. I'm so confused.

And you know this how? Sometimes there isn't any amount of money that can 'fix' mental illness.

I wonder what stalled the sexual assault investigation. Not enough evidence maybe? or did he terrorize the hell of victim into silence. Pages back there is a link to a report of a former girlfriend stating when she broke up with him he stalked her and assaulted her. Wonder what the nature of type of assault. How many others too afraid of him to speak up over the years. Pondering here.

Hi Bravo

how are you and your peaceful country doing?

Over here were living up to the norm ............

I'm confused about the timeline. If DK was confined in New Mexico for 12 months from Nov 2012 to Nov 2013, how could he be accused of sexual assault in Texas on June 2013?

"In 2012, while stationed at Holloman Air Force Base in New Mexico, Mr. Kelley was charged with assault..........he was ultimately sentenced in November that year to 12 months’ confinement and reduction to the lowest possible rank. His final duty title was “prisoner.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/06/us/devin-patrick-kelley-texas.html

"The Comal County Sheriff's Office has confirmed that it is re-examining a sex assault case involving the Sutherland Springs shooter that may have fallen through the cracks.

Sheriff Mark Reynolds told KENS 5 the Comal County Sheriff's Office received a call on June 18, 2013, for a reported sex assault.

The suspect was Devin Kelley. The name of the victim has not been released.

Reynolds said the case hasn't been touched since October 2013. The investigation stalled when Kelley moved to Colorado."
http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/suth...nding-sex-assault-case-sheriff-says/489903868

Hey CARIIS. We are good here. Thanks for asking. I wish things were quiet and a nice normal. For you. All of you. Good to see you.

I find it so very disturbing that the military did not give him a Dishonorable Discharge considering his level of violence followed by an escape from a mental health facility. And it's disturbing again that they didn't make sure that he was added to the FBI's database that would have prevented him from legally purchasing a weapon. There has to be a procedure for all of this red tape, how could it possibly be missed, especially with an extreme case like this.

Yes, I do realize he probably could have found weapons illegally anyway, but not as easily, not to mention that it's the principal of the thing... and that our military could be so grossly incompetent is a disgrace.

Seriously, there are so many "mistakes" made concerning this violent psychopath, one might lean towards to the conclusion that it would be practically impossible to do so. Idk, I do wonder though.

I bet his bosses in the Airforce felt scared and betrayed by “the system” as well. DPK was making threats against them & bringing weapons onto the airbase!

Just that alone should’ve landed him in a lot of hot water.....

Good question MistyWaters. Maybe it was reported then but happened prior. Or, I know shocking a typo from article?

I'm confused about the timeline. If DK was confined in New Mexico for 12 months from Nov 2012 to Nov 2013, how could he be accused of sexual assault in Texas on June 2013?

"In 2012, while stationed at Holloman Air Force Base in New Mexico, Mr. Kelley was charged with assault..........he was ultimately sentenced in November that year to 12 months’ confinement and reduction to the lowest possible rank. His final duty title was “prisoner.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/06/us/devin-patrick-kelley-texas.html

"The Comal County Sheriff's Office has confirmed that it is re-examining a sex assault case involving the Sutherland Springs shooter that may have fallen through the cracks.

Sheriff Mark Reynolds told KENS 5 the Comal County Sheriff's Office received a call on June 18, 2013, for a reported sex assault.

The suspect was Devin Kelley. The name of the victim has not been released.

Reynolds said the case hasn't been touched since October 2013. The investigation stalled when Kelley moved to Colorado."
http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/suth...nding-sex-assault-case-sheriff-says/489903868
I assume that's when it was reported, but not when it took place.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I assume that's when it was reported, but not when it took place.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Ya I think this is probably most logical explanation...moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we need to be able to determine the difference between mental health issues and just plain evil. My ex knew he could eventually get out if he was placed in a mental health facility verses prison. All he had to do is break a window and pretend to eat the glass. He was out within a year. I don't for one minute believe this shooter had mental health issues, he was evil to his core and played the system. IMO he took advantage of the forgiveness and encouragement of church members to gain access to the women in his life. Then when they wouldn't continue to accept his behavior, they became his enemy. All JMO.

Evil is a concept

Mental illness is neurotransmitters.

Like insulin and diabetes.

imo

Until those realities are cleared up and understood we will be starting a new thread

soon

In a tiny town out in the middle of nowhere with profound religious stuff it makes total sense how this played out

until mental illness is not an excuse but a serious unaddressed entity in our society ....

It is required in tx plus a shooting proficiency. In that class he would have been informed in general he didn’t qualify. They go over what prevents you from getting a permit. I doubt they asked who has committed felonies or has been charged with domestic violence and explicitly told him he didn’t but the rules are covered. I believe he knew he couldn’t legally own a weapon, he just didn’t think the rules applied to him.

when voices are running thro there mind they are not paying attn to the law, or care imo

Good question MistyWaters. Maybe it was reported then but happened prior. Or, I know shocking a typo from article?

Yes you're right, it could be one or the other. Seems more often than not, in the media the sensationalism is more important than the details.

“The pastor did know the man,” said Wilson County Sheriff Joe Tackitt to CNN. “He did know him, but he did not want him at his church ... he just thought (Kelley) was not a good person to be around.”

According to Tackitt, the pastor had one question about Kelley: “How do I run him away from my church?”

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/pregnant-woman-unborn-baby-counted-texas-church-shooting-vic-article-1.3617240
So how much did the pastor know? Because aren't we all "God's children" if he is preaching Christianity?
I don't really understand why a Pastor would actively want to run someone out of their congregation. They are supposed to be there to help. MOO

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly
Back