TX - Active shooter at Allen Shopping Mall, multiple victims, 6 May 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Random acts of terrorism. That is what these lone shooters are really all about. Power, control, fear.

Lawmakers should change laws regarding these terrorists, and not allow them the full benefits of the law. They should be treated as enemy combatants. Fortunately, many of them die during their rampage of terror.

I remember my last excursion to the mall, everyone was happy, shopping for Christmas gifts, waiting to see Santa Claus. I can't even wrap my head around thinking that there could be a shooter to ruin the experience. I guess that we better think offensively no matter where we are or what we are doing...where would I go if there was a shooter here?

FYI…There’s footage of the silver car pulling up, the shooter getting out and unleashing a barrage of gunfire. There’s also body cam footage of some of the victims.

The bodycam footage is horrific. I’m reluctant to post either but I can point you in the direction if you want to see. Big debate on Twitter saying it shouldn’t be posted. I disagree.

<modsnip>

Churches, schools, movie theaters, malls, hospitals…nowhere is safe anymore and it’s a despicable indictment of America. We used to be better than this.

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:

Mass killings are happening with staggering frequency in the United States this year: an average of about one a week, according to a database maintained by The Associated Press and USA Today in partnership with Northeastern University.
This doesn't need to keep happening in our country but no one with the ability to do so is doing a darn thing to keep the publice safe. MOO, JMO............

Last edited:
I went to sleep last night with this shooting on my mind and woke up thinking about it. I can't imagine what the victims and families are experiencing. My heart breaks for the hundreds of people who are affected by this tragedy. Wish I had better words, but am so angry and sad for us as a country.JMO

Dashcam video circulating online showed the gunman getting out of a car and shooting at people on the sidewalk. More than three dozen shots could be heard as the vehicle that was recording the video drove off.

Allen Fire Chief Jonathan Boyd said seven people, including the shooter, died at the scene. Nine victims were taken to hospitals. Two of them died.

Three of the wounded were in critical condition Saturday evening, and four were stable, Boyd said.

An Allen Police Department officer was in the area on an unrelated call when he heard shots at 3:36 p.m., the department wrote on Facebook. bbm
*so, nine are dead in total?

Last count
Nine deceased including shooter
Eight in hospital- two critical condition

Deceased based on witnesses
Two women
Security guard
Young girl
Shooter
Four Unknown age/ sex

I think this is correct
JMO

I posted the CNN link last night, an interview with a local Texas "educator" is the term they used to describe her current occupation. She is ex FBI. She suggested 2 things that she always does when she goes shopping.

1. Make it a practice to never have the door at your back. Always shop with this in mind, where you can see the door

2. She never uses her cell phone between the exit of the mall or store and her parking spot.. ie until she gets to her vehicle. Stay aware, don't be distracted.

How horrible to have the need to keep these thoughts in mind, knowing that they will not save you from an active shooter. There are many places in the world where one can live peacefully without having to deal with what seems to others as a cultural paranoia.

I posted the CNN link last night, an interview with a local Texas "educator" is the term they used to describe her current occupation. She is ex FBI. She suggested 2 things that she always does when she goes shopping.

1. Make it a practice to never have the door at your back. Always shop with this in mind, where you can see the door

2. She never uses her cell phone between the exit of the mall or store and her parking spot.. ie until she gets to her vehicle. Stay aware, don't be distracted.
It is a crying shame that we need instructions on how to safely go shopping here in the US. I’ll admit that I’m nervous natured, but truly for the past couple of weeks when I need to go shopping, I have to actively try to block the little voice that says, “this could be it- your last day.”
I do not feel safe anymore.
IME

Random acts of terrorism. That is what these lone shooters are really all about. Power, control, fear.

Lawmakers should change laws regarding these terrorists, and not allow them the full benefits of the law. They should be treated as enemy combatants. Fortunately, many of them die during their rampage of terror.

I remember my last excursion to the mall, everyone was happy, shopping for Christmas gifts, waiting to see Santa Claus. I can't even wrap my head around thinking that there could be a shooter to ruin the experience. I guess that we better think offensively no matter where we are or what we are doing...where would I go if there was a shooter here?

I believe footage should not be posted because it becomes normalized to the point that people accept it as just more of the same old daily stuff, and because of copycats.

MOD NOTE:

Stay on topic, folks. THIS case, THESE victims.

Political commentary isn't allowed here and only causes arguments and derails the thread.

General gun discussion belongs at this thread:

Thanks,

Knitty

A video posted on social media appears to show a figure clad in black getting out of a silver car in a parking lot and opening fire.
Other videos circulating on social media show people dashing for shelter or running through a parking lot as loud popping noises are heard in the background.

A spokesman for Medical City Healthcare, which was treating victims at its three trauma facilities, said the injured ranged in age from 5 to 61.

So, what's it going to take? What will be the last straw? Sure hope it comes within my lifetime.

I am so sick of all the solemn reassurances listing all the government agencies and their AFTER the fact cooperation.

in my opinion
A single picture came up on twitter. I certainly did not expect to see it and was horrified and immediately shut down twitter. After a very long night thinking about what I had seen and seeing the picture over and over again in my mind I thought it was time for everyone to start seeing these pictures. Maybe, just maybe, that will stop this. I know that’s a terrible thing to want, but I want people coming home safe everyday also. So, I believe it’s time for some truth showing. IMO

A single picture came up on twitter. I certainly did not expect to see it and was horrified and immediately shut down twitter. After a very long night thinking about what I had seen and seeing the picture over and over again in my mind I thought it was time for everyone to start seeing these pictures. Maybe, just maybe, that will stop this. I know that’s a terrible thing to want, but I want people coming home safe everyday also. So, I believe it’s time for some truth showing. IMO
I agree for the most part. What worries me are children and teens who's parents don't monitor their SM seeing the pictures. They have impressionable minds. MOO

It is a crying shame that we need instructions on how to safely go shopping here in the US. I’ll admit that I’m nervous natured, but truly for the past couple of weeks when I need to go shopping, I have to actively try to block the little voice that says, “this could be it- your last day.”
I do not feel safe anymore.
IME
Imagine being the employees that have to work at these type of target businesses everyday. My DD is a Bank Manager. Verbal and physical assaults on these employees are through the roof. They have to be so hyper aware. My DD instructs her employees to not have anything that can be used as a weapon within reach of the public. Sad days we are living in. Imo

Yup, but

Not a cultural paranoia- but certainly situational awareness
Until this situation of mass shootings and gun violence and DV gets solved- that awareness is what people can do.
In this situation- would these tips have saved anyone? No

If a gunman with an AR-15 steps out of a car and begins to shoot- there is no situational awareness that helps.
A gunman in public was taken down by a gun. That is what many will notice.

JMO
In the interview I referred to with the ex FBI agent, I suspect her situational awareness tips were just part of her FBI training. But each suggestion makes sense, even telling us to lay off the cell phones between the store and parking place. That makes sense to avoid getting hit by cars and to keep track of young kids. We don't have to answer every call immediately. Regarding facing the door while shopping, that also makes sense for gun bearing LEO. But easy for civilians to practice, routinely.

I agree for the most part. What worries me are children and teens who's parents don't monitor their SM seeing the pictures. They have impressionable minds. MOO
True, but they could also see it in their schools, churches, grocery stores, streets, malls, parks, parades, basically anywhere there are people enjoying their everyday life. IMO

I'm heartbroken for this unwarranted act of violence on innocent people AGAIN.

I applaud the LE officer who neutralized the shooter or there could have been many, many more victims.

To the families of the victims, my sincere condolences. I can't even begin to imagine your pain.

To every American, Wake up, Speak up and DO something. This isn't going to get better, it's getting worse.

MOO

In the interview I referred to with the ex FBI agent, I suspect her situational awareness tips were just part of her FBI training. But each suggestion makes sense, even telling us to lay off the cell phones between the store and parking place. That makes sense to avoid getting hit by cars and to keep track of young kids. We don't have to answer every call immediately. Regarding facing the door while shopping, that also makes sense for gun bearing LEO. But easy for civilians to practice, routinely.

Agreed, but to those of us who were adults before Columbine being aware of your surroundings is common sense.
Anyone that needs to be told to look around when walking across a park lot should not be driving IMO.
This former FBI Agent does interviews regularly, teaches part time at UT Arlington, she is well known.
I noticed she didn’t mention carrying a gun- but I bet you $100 she does!
JMO

"Biden demands Congress pass an assault weapons ban in wake of latest mass shooting in Texas that has left nine dead - including children."​

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back