Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this is the location I found early on. I actually saw the incident report for a vehicle found. But what is interesting to me is that the incident report calls it a stripped vehicle. This is an area that looks like prime chop shop area to me. Lots of junk all around. Connects to five mile creek. Abandoned cars etc.
Here is what I see for kitty street.
Google Earth Link

Google Earth
#googleearth

upload_2020-12-16_19-27-15.png

I’m confident you couldn’t lock this car with the keys inside... somebody is fibbing for some reason. Tim, Alan’s brother said vehicle found in fine condition, locked.

From this site, https://www.dallasopendata.com/Public-Safety/Dallas-Police-Active-Calls/9fxf-t2tr

You can find an incident on 10-29 of the car found. The timing fits. Incident was at 4:10 am.
Incident Address: 5899 KITTY ST
Date of Occurrence: 2020-10-29 00:00:00.0000000
Victim name: ARLINGTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
Victim home address: 620 W DIVISION ST
Victim zip code: 76011
Victim city: ARLINGTON
Victim state: TX
MO: UNK SUSP STRIPPED A STOLEN VEHICLE

Now my question is— was this vehicle stripped? Here is another location where I originally found the crime data and screenshot this on November 1st. Dallas Uptown BubbleLife
upload_2020-12-16_19-34-22.png

Why are they releasing exact location today?

Well this is the location I found early on. I actually saw the incident report for a vehicle found. But what is interesting to me is that the incident report calls it a stripped vehicle. This is an area that looks like prime chop shop area to me. Lots of junk all around. Connects to five mile creek. Abandoned cars etc.
Google Earth Link

Google Earth
#googleearth

View attachment 275884

I’m confident you couldn’t lock this car with the keys inside... somebody is fibbing for some reason. Tim, Alan’s brother said vehicle found in fine condition, locked.

From this site, https://www.dallasopendata.com/Public-Safety/Dallas-Police-Active-Calls/9fxf-t2tr

You can find an incident on 10-29 of the car found. The timing fits. Incident was at 4:10 am.

Now my question is— was this vehicle stripped? Here is another location where I originally found the crime data and screenshot this on November 1st. Dallas Uptown BubbleLife
View attachment 275886

Wow you nailed it @diggndeeperstill !

Well this pretty much answers the questions I was pondering this week...

A couple questions I am pondering...

1) why haven’t we heard about any LE searches for Alan?

In cases where a missing person’s car or bike was found not far from wooded areas, there is usually all sorts of media coverage about the man power put into acres and acres of searches. Why was that not done here? Ideas??
A) the search was done, but secretly as they build a case?
B) they already know something that indicates a search of that area would be useless (eg footage of a person driving and dumping that car and it was not Alan AND/OR they have surveillance footage of attack elsewhere or know that Alan was never at the site where the vehicle was located ETA: Or they have footage of Alan being moved to another vehicle and driven off or to another location or knowledge of a kidnapping )?

To me the lack of announced searches near the vehicle site is the strongest indicator that LE may have evidence this was not a suicide.

2) does anyone know the laws/rules about obtaining cell phone ping locations?

It was not a very busy time of day when Alan disappeared. Could LE or the PI have a way to obtain which cell phones were at same locations as Alan or his vehicle without necessarily having enough for a warrant for a specific suspect’s phone records? I realize there may be some civil liberty issues involved...

3) why are LE being so tight-lipped, especially like the specific location where the vehicle was found?

One hypothesis is that they do not think the public can or will help. Why would that be?

A) They have evidence Alan was never at the vehicle site so not relevant?
B) It’s down to gang crime and they have enough footage to know that but not enough to make an arrest? maybe lack clear enough photos of suspect to be worth putting to Public?
C) maybe already identified suspect in footage or vehicle evidence but just quietly still working to build case to make an arrest?

MOO - all just guesses and theories I am pondering ...

this was a known location to law enforcement most likely known for chop shop dumps, Part of a larger car theft investigation.

still. Where is Alan? Again we are back to likely a random crime, which is the hardest case to solve. Criminals are caught by their relations to victims and statements to law abiding citizens. When there is no relation to victim and no law abiding confidantes, very difficult. Glad Det. Barnes is on it at least.

On Thursday night of this week at 8:00 pm two armed gunman held up and tried to rob the safe at the AT&T store on Lovers Lane. They then fled across the street and carjacked someone at Trader Joe’s. They fled south through Greenway Park (just North of AW’s home). The helicopters and police were out but didn’t catch them.

I’m sharing to add context. This is all very close together in an area with million dollar homes. Not sure what the likelihood is of the crimes being related.
Just running off this thought
IIRC, a gas station was robbed that morning... the one that AW would probably normally stop at, but didn't because of hearing about the robbery and perhaps thought it was blocked off / closed that morning so stopped at RT instead.
So, with that thought, and I don't know the details of the robbers from that morning, but perhaps they were in hiding, waiting around RT and looking for a car to hijack to get out of the area, JUST LIKE THE ABOVE did after robbing an ATM.
Of course, not knowing the details, perhaps they were caught right away and there goes my theory :p

JMO
Where are you Alan ???

If he paid by card, the only reason to go inside would be for a receipt reprint, if the machine was out of paper. But that would take a minute or so, unless the cashier was really on the ball with reprinting.
JMO.

Some gas pumps if they are out of receipt paper will have a message "See cashier for receipt" or sometimes just "see cashier." I have on some occasions gone inside a gas station just to confirm that the transaction went through so that I wouldn't end up with the hassle of potentially being reported as a drive-off and having to prove that I didn't intend to rip off gas. If the place wasn't busy it would only take a brief second to get such confirmation.

It has been awhile since I have done that. I am not even sure if there are still gas stations that will allow you to fill up without pre-payment. But there was a time when it was commonplace.

I wonder how frequently the various vendors for satellite imagery update their pictures. If it is very frequently, perhaps they might be able to show approximately how long the car was at the wooded lot before it was discovered. If one was VERY lucky it might have even captured some other vehicle that have been used by the people who deposited Alan's car there away from the area.

Google Earth Link

Google Earth
#googleearth

View attachment 275884

View attachment 275886

The various reports are interesting, why would some note it as stripped and others like this one from Lexis Nexis do not -

IR Number: 193179-2020-01
Crime: RECOVERED OUT OF TOWN STOLEN VEHICLE (NO OFFENSE)
Location Type: Highway, Street, Alley ETC
Date: 10/29/2020
Time: 8:00 AM
Public Address: 58XX KITTY ST, DALLAS, TX
Accuracy: Address
Distance: 0.10 miles
Agency: CCM - Dallas Police Department (TX)
LexisNexis® Community Crime Map

Could it be a general code that some departments or the crime map data application uses? If it was stripped why wouldn't Barnes just say that? He went so far as to say the vehicle was searched, but no clear evidence was found.

That’s more than 15 miles from where White bought gas, and was last seen.

“This vacant lot is a very secluded area, and it’s known by the people in Highland Hills and it’s known by the Dallas Police Department,” Barnes said.

Police said the vehicle was parked between two sections of bushes, and the keys were inside.

The vehicle was searched, but police didn’t find any clear evidence inside.

“Crime Stoppers is offering their typical $5,000 reward for this investigation, but there is a private fund that’s donated up to $20,000 for information leading to the discovery of Mr. White,” Det. Barnes said.
Trackdown: $20,000 reward offered to help find James Alan White

Finally some confirmation of details from LE. What's the vacant lot known for?
Hmmm seems it was a known location, 5800 Kitty Street. The exact address has had tickets for sale under the name “kitty street rollers ranch” .
Location and Directions - Kitty Street Rollers Ranch, Dallas, TX - Dallas Theater

What exactly is that about?

The various reports are interesting, why would some note it as stripped and others like this one from Lexis Nexis do not -

IR Number: 193179-2020-01
Crime: RECOVERED OUT OF TOWN STOLEN VEHICLE (NO OFFENSE)
Location Type: Highway, Street, Alley ETC
Date: 10/29/2020
Time: 8:00 AM
Public Address: 58XX KITTY ST, DALLAS, TX
Accuracy: Address
Distance: 0.10 miles
Agency: CCM - Dallas Police Department (TX)
LexisNexis® Community Crime Map

Could it be a general code that some departments or the crime map data application uses? If it was stripped why wouldn't Barnes just say that? He went so far as to say the vehicle was searched, but no clear evidence was found.
I do think that’s possible. But he did contradict one thing saying the keys were inside, vs. locked. I can’t imagine that car can lock with keys inside. Imho. I’m currently trying to research that.

I wonder how frequently the various vendors for satellite imagery update their pictures. If it is very frequently, perhaps they might be able to show approximately how long the car was at the wooded lot before it was discovered. If one was VERY lucky it might have even captured some other vehicle that have been used by the people who deposited Alan's car there away from the area.
Correct! That type of data is currently being used in the Daybell case.

Last edited:
Wow! You guys are on it! I really think LE has been keeping some details to themselves and now are starting to let some out for some reason. Sure sounds like the car was stripped and now the location is revealed and it’s a WELL KNOWN to DPD vacant lot full of car tires and car junk.
I’m now convinced this was a carjacking for the car. They said there was no evidence inside the car, but that might just mean no evidence pointing to what happened to Alan. Not that it wasn’t stripped. For some reason they weren’t calling attention to that though. As pointed out, probably b/c it’s a bigger investigation into this chop shop organization?

I assumed that Alan was paying by card, as the family has said 6:01 was the time from a bank transaction. There would be no need to go inside; he should have swiped the card at the pump. (Unless RT does things weirdly; typically people only go inside if paying cash and then to get change or a receipt).

If he paid by card, the only reason to go inside would be for a receipt reprint, if the machine was out of paper. But that would take a minute or so, unless the cashier was really on the ball with reprinting.

JMO.
As far as I know there is no video evidence - and there has been no statement made by AW's family or LE or msm - stating that AW used a physical credit card to pay for the gas, either before pumping, or afterwards in the store.

The "data usage" and "bank transaction" may represent the same event - but whatever it was happened after he pumped the gas. Either that, or (as I said in my previous post) the time shown on the CCTV video is wrong.

If the 6:01 am time is right, I believe the "data usage" was AW swiping his phone inside to pay for the gas - possibly using a pymt app or the phone's wallet. I believe RaceTrac offers this payment option to its customers. But still, he would have been paying 13 minutes after he replaced the handle..

Looking at it that way, I suppose it's even possible that the data usage and bank transaction occurred someplace else entirely - roughly 13 minutes after he finished pumping gas and left the RT..

I admit I can't say for sure that he didn't swipe the phone or use a physical card outside before filling up (as we don't see this part of the video), but again, if he did, it doesn't make sense that this would be the "data usage" that family has referred to - not unless the CCTV time is off, or unless there is a delay between when a card is swiped and when a bank's servers record the transaction.

Idk, maybe he paid for the gas with a cc before pumping, and then used the phone for something else inside or afterward. But if that's the case, data usage" and "bank transaction" aren't the same. The data usage was at 6:01 am.

In thread 1, post #738, thelastunicorn (AW's niece) posted: "We haven't been able to get the phone records. All we know is his last data usage was at like 6:01 am and last text he received was around 6:30 am".

It could even be that if AW needed gas that morning but didn't have his physical credit cards with him - he might actually have sought out a RaceTrac gas station - as its one of just a few places that offer a phone payment option.

That still wouldn't explain however why he chose that particular RaceTrac at Maple and Inwood. It also might mean that AW didn't have any credit cards with him..

Lots of speculation, and jmo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members