Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Award increased in search for Alan White
Dec 17, 2020 | 0

Alan-White.jpg

James Alan White of Dallas has been missing since Oct. 22..

A private fund is now offering a $20,000 reward for information leading to the known whereabouts of James Alan White, a Dallas man missing since Oct. 22, according to Dallas police.

White’s husband reported him missing after White failed to return from an early morning workout at the LA Fitness gym at CityPlace. Video footage from security cameras shows him leaving the gym, and footage from a security camera at a gas station on Inwood shows him leaving the station, headed toward his home after filling up the Porsche Macan he was driving.

The Porsche White was driving was located on Oct. 29 in south Dallas, but there was no trace of White.

White is 5’11” tall and weighs 160 pounds. He was last seen wearing a light gray tank top and dark gym shorts, and carrying a maroon-and-navy two-tone sling bag.

Anyone with information regarding White’s whereabouts or has information related to the case is being asked to contact Detective Eric Barnes at 214-283-4818 or eric.barnes@dallascityhall.com. Please reference case #188623-2020.
Award increased in search for Alan White - Dallas Voice

Just throwing this out there - if I leave the key in my vehicle (def not a Porsche but a mid range luxury SUV) I can’t hit the lock switch on the door and lock the key inside but if I shut the door I can lock it with my key fob with the key in the ignition. So can lock it with the key in it and walk away.... just thinking....

Just throwing this out there - if I leave the key in my vehicle (def not a Porsche but a mid range luxury SUV) I can’t hit the lock switch on the door and lock the key inside but if I shut the door I can lock it with my key fob with the key in the ignition. So can lock it with the key in it and walk away.... just thinking....
I don't drive that specific model of Porsche, but I don't think that it -- and cars of its peer group -- use keys anymore. For the most part, the fob and the key are one and the same. So it's confusing that the fob (or key) was found inside a locked car. I'm guessing that the terminology used in the reports might be incorrect.

I don't drive that specific model of Porsche, but I don't think that it -- and cars of its peer group -- use keys anymore. For the most part, the fob and the key are one and the same. So it's confusing that the fob (or key) was found inside a locked car. I'm guessing that the terminology used in the reports might be incorrect.
In the trackdown video report- Det. Barnes was asked by the reporter "Keys in it?" Barnes replies, "Yes, the keys were in it". Nothing was said about it being locked. So maybe Tim was confused when he made that remark.

Also in the video, when Alan is walking into the store you can see the fob in his hand.

Trackdown: $20,000 reward offered to help find James Alan White

Award increased in search for Alan White
Dec 17, 2020 | 0

Alan-White.jpg

James Alan White of Dallas has been missing since Oct. 22..

A private fund is now offering a $20,000 reward for information leading to the known whereabouts of James Alan White, a Dallas man missing since Oct. 22, according to Dallas police.

White’s husband reported him missing after White failed to return from an early morning workout at the LA Fitness gym at CityPlace. Video footage from security cameras shows him leaving the gym, and footage from a security camera at a gas station on Inwood shows him leaving the station, headed toward his home after filling up the Porsche Macan he was driving.

The Porsche White was driving was located on Oct. 29 in south Dallas, but there was no trace of White.

White is 5’11” tall and weighs 160 pounds. He was last seen wearing a light gray tank top and dark gym shorts, and carrying a maroon-and-navy two-tone sling bag.

Anyone with information regarding White’s whereabouts or has information related to the case is being asked to contact Detective Eric Barnes at 214-283-4818 or eric.barnes@dallascityhall.com. Please reference case #188623-2020.
Award increased in search for Alan White - Dallas Voice
With all due respect this is misleading as well as inaccurate in AW's clohing description also reported carrying the sling. I assume the link quoted was included with latest news report.

Hey Everyone,

Forgive me for interrupting your discussion

The Websleuths moderators are the reason why Websleuths runs smoothly and is one of the most respected true crime discussion forums in the world.

Websleuths moderators are all volunteers.
That's why from now until Thursday, Dec. 24th we are asking those who can afford to do so to please donate to our moderator fund-raiser. We will divide all the money raised among the moderators.

CLICK HERE TO DONATE USING PAYPAL
If you would rather use Venmo the name is: Tricia-Griffith-14

Please DO NOT make a donation unless you can absolutely afford to do so.

With every fiber of my being, I want our moderators to know how much I personally appreciate it and how grateful I am for all their hard work.

Without our mod team today Websleuths could not function.

We all completely understand if you cannot make a donation however, I ask that you leave a comment for the mods on our special thread which you can get to by CLICKING HERE!

Thank you very much,
Tricia
PS PLEASE DO NOT DISCUSS ON THIS THREAD. THE MODS WILL KILL ME.

Just running off this thought
IIRC, a gas station was robbed that morning... the one that AW would probably normally stop at, but didn't because of hearing about the robbery and perhaps thought it was blocked off / closed that morning so stopped at RT instead.
So, with that thought, and I don't know the details of the robbers from that morning, but perhaps they were in hiding, waiting around RT and looking for a car to hijack to get out of the area, JUST LIKE THE ABOVE did after robbing an ATM.
Of course, not knowing the details, perhaps they were caught right away and there goes my theory :p

JMO
Where are you Alan ???
Where is the information coming from that show his usual gas station or one that is along Lemmon (his likely route) was robbed that morning? I haven't seen any police reports of anything like that the morning...or a few days before, that he disappeared.

The more I learn about exactly where the car was found leads me away from any type of intentional act, whether that be him leaving the car there and taking off or otherwise. It seems the only people that would know about and/or risk going to this area are probably not the best characters. Unfortunately, that leads me to stranger/wrong place, wrong time. But where and how, and who... If there had been similar criminal activity in the area, carjackings in residential areas, maybe that's a place to start. Again, even that scenario I question. This would have had to happen very quickly and not been caught on cameras. That's where my brain is stuck tonight. I'll ponder on this. So MOO

UPDATE: Reward offered for info on whereabouts of Alan White - Dallas Voice

[...]

White and his husband, Rusty Jenkins, both left their home at around 4:45 a.m. Thursday, driving separate cars and going to separate gyms. White was last seen checking into the LA Fitness City Place, 2690 N. Haskell Ave., at about 5 a.m. [...]

White, an executive with KPMG International, works from home and was scheduled to participate in a conference call from home at 7:30 a.m. He did not make that call. In fact, it appears he did not return home after leaving the gym.

White was driving a black Porsche Macan, dealer plates 8F4792, a loaner car from Park Place Motors. A family friend said the dealership has not been able to trace the car.

Jenkins filed a missing person report, #188623-2020, around 11 a.m. on Thursday with Dallas police Detective Carrington.

View attachment 273614 View attachment 273615

Just throwing this out there and I'm going to assume LE has confirmed already, but, did RJ go to his own gym? Was there footage confirming this? Was there footage of him returning to the house after (and in a timely manner)? Was there anything else caught on their security camera of their home regarding any movement that morning? Do neighbors cameras corroborate?

I am NOT insinuating anything just wondering what we are missing here.. or if I missed something. This is all my own speculation and thoughts I'm trying to wrap my brain around. As I stated previously, based on where the car was found I think it's more likely a stranger/wrong place situation.

Imagine the stress his family is under. None of them are doing anything that should be questioned or judged. They have to take care of themselves now, too, whatever that looks like for them.

Also searches, private investigators, family traveling to be together are expensive.

Imagine the stress his family is under. None of them are doing anything that should be questioned or judged. They have to take care of themselves now, too, whatever that looks like for them.

Also searches, private investigators, family traveling to be together are expensive.

We all know that. I've seen a lot of love and compassion here for Alan and his family. Who are you responding to?

Last edited:
Welcome to Websleuths, Mcciaramc1!

While I have difficulty in balancing AW hitting the gym and then falling off a wagon all in the same morning, I do find it intriguing that not only did his husband get worried within 15 minutes of AW not returning home, he also hired a PI shortly after his disappearance - it does seem like there's something the family is suspecting, but I'll be danged if I can figure out what it is.
---
About the confusion of the 'stripped vehicle' on the police blotter, I have to put that down to a coding thing, stolen yes, stripped no - as the niece said there was mud on the tires, the brother said the vehicle was in fine shape when found and now LE says the keys were inside.

But why carjack/steal a vehicle only to dump it in a vacant lot known for that sort of thing and leave it un-stripped with the keys inside? Oh the conundrums of this case!
Great post, you hit on all the points I'm looking at too. I hope someone calls the tip line and gives Det, Barnes the information he needs to find Alan.

Where is the information coming from that show his usual gas station or one that is along Lemmon (his likely route) was robbed that morning? I haven't seen any police reports of anything like that the morning...or a few days before, that he disappeared.

Dallas 7-Eleven Clerk Shot During Attempted Robbery

I think he saw this gas station was closed on his way to the gym taking Lemmon, probably some added congestion and so went home a different way likely on the highways exiting Inwood. MOO

Great post, you hit on all the points I'm looking at too. I hope someone calls the tip line and gives Det, Barnes the information he needs to find Alan.
Any locals who know the family? Please suggest there is a concerted effort to get that reward poster out in the vicinity where the car was found. Be sure to cover the bars, pawn shops, auto salvage, land full station, catfish restaurant, convenience stores where lotto tix are sold, liquor stores, pool halls etc.

Times are tough, and $20k could be a game changer for some folks. Get the word out big time in that area!

amateur opinion and speculation

We have an Audi A5 and a my husband a few months back was hurrying to catch the train to work and left the key in the car. When he checked the Audi app on his phone his car was unlocked so he locked it on the app and unlocked it the same way when he returned to the car.

The car wouldn't have started without the key being present but it's certainly possible to lock and unlock an Audi if your phone is linked to it.

you can only lock the keyfob in the car with another keyfob on the outside.

you can only lock the keyfob in the car with another keyfob on the outside.
Let’s assume that it was locked... one way might be taking the battery out of the fob? Is that possible?

If not locked, my question is did Tim misspeak, was he lied to intentionally, or did he say it was locked for some other reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Placeholder25