Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know of a dealer that is open that early considering he had that meeting to get to as well. IMO
Yes, but it would not necessarily have to be open; if Alan had his spare car keys with him, he could have picked up his car and just dropped off the loaner. Depending on what he was having done to his car, there may have been no charge and no need to actually interact with anyone at the dealership. However, this is all conjecture on my part. I don’t know which dealership he borrowed the car from, though there is Park Place Porsche on Lemmon Ave. which Google Maps shows to be a pretty straight shot from the LA Fitness on Haskell.

Couple thoughts. Watching him leave the gym, he doesnt seem to be in any hurry. The vehicle stands out. He has a really nice loaner. Beautiful vehicle. At the gas station, he is wearing a simple tank and shorts. If you were thinking of robbing him for his car, it seems like he wouldn't be carrying anything to defend himself. Also, anytime I can't find something in a store/market, as we see him wander without a purchase, I typically go somewhere else for the purchase before I drive back home. Was he followed to another market/deli and kidnapped there? I could see this happening with an armed kidnapping for his vehicle. Forced into his own loaner and moved out of the area quickly. Maybe thought he had cash since he had a nice vehicle. What are the odds that the day you have a really nice vehicle, you are carjacked/robbed.

Long post, all just my thoughts/opinions:

So many questions about the gas station video:

- Why does it not start with Alan pre-paying with a card at the pump (if that is what he did - although I read that none of his cards had been used?). So how DID he pay for the gas? I don't think you can pre-pay at the pump w/cash, or swipe with a phone wallet. He did seem to hit a button AFTER he'd put the handle back. but I assume this was his response to the "would you like a receipt" prompt

-Why did he open, and then close, the driver's door. Video was fuzzy. Did he reach in and grab something,? A key fob perhaps ? If so, when he was looking down a moment later (at either his phone or a key fob? or both), just as he was closing the door, could he have merely been locking the door?

- After Alan locks the door, he takes a step, and then.. Poof! He vanishes! What the hell happened there? And then what happened in the store? Just curious, but why describe Alan's time in the store as "walked around for 15 seconds"?

First, 15 seconds is a precise enough estimate (and I assume they came to that conclusion by watching a time stamped video), that I think 15 seconds is probably, well, just 15 seconds. About the only thing you could do in that short a period of time is grab a drink from the cooler and throw 3 bucks down. And that's if no one else is there or in line.

-The video does not show Alan returning to the car and /or driving away.Did he purchase coffee (as this means it is less likely that he would stopping someplace later when heading further N on Inman)?

We are left wondering: was it actually him? Did he meet somebody inside, and possibly give him/them (voluntarily or not) the key fob? Did someone follow him out (and possibly even get in the car)? I assume Alan was in the car when it left.

But why leave this part of the video out? To me, if you were going to leave a part of the video out, you'd leave out the gas pumping part - and show Alan getting back into the car and driving away. Why are they not showing that?

-I assume there was perhaps a car or several cars waiting to turn left on N Inman out of Racetrac, which would account for why Alan apparently drove through the Chick Fil-A lot and the AutoZone lot, then exited AutoZone and headed straight north on Inman toward his home (that all from previous WS posts). What, 1.3 miles away?

- This seems so close to home, and the direction he turned.. well, is just so direct, that I can only assume that at this point he was truly heading home (note: he may or may not have arrived home (imo) - but that's for another post?). What could have interrupted him?

-If Alan was carjacked: other then the bump scenario, if he perhaps made one more stop as he headed north on N Inman, that spot might've been the location where thieves had an opportunity to act (not unlike the recent nearby carjacking, linked earlier in this thread by a talented WS'er).

-At that hour of the morning, with little open, what would Alan possible stop be? Possibly coffee and /or something for breakfast. With Covid still going around, I think it would have been take out - coffee only, or perhaps some type of pastry.

Along N Inman, between the Racetrac and Alan's house, the possible coffee and donut/breakfast places I could find include: Gram's Donuts, Pulaski's Donuts and Take Out, Sonic Drive-In, Jack-In-The-Box, Starbucks (Lemmon and N Inman), and Ingrams Donuts (a couple of blocks from N Inman off Lemmon). I wonder if any of those establishments have CCTV? Or if any of their respective employees could be shown a photo

Eta Spell check, proof

Last edited:
Long post, all just my thoughts/opinions:

So many questions about the gas station video:

- Why does it not start with Alan pre-paying with a card at the pump (if that is what he did - although I read that none of his cards had been used?). So how DID he pay for the gas? I don't think you can pre-pay at the pump w/cash, or swipe with a phone wallet. He did seem to hit a button AFTER he'd put the handle back. but I assume this was his response to the "would you like a receipt" prompt

-Why did he open, and then close, the driver's door. Video was fuzzy. Did he reach in and grab something,? A key fob perhaps ? If so, when he was looking down a moment later (at either his phone or a key fob? or both), just as he was closing the door, could he have merely been locking the door?

- After Alan locks the door, he takes a step, and then.. Poof! He vanishes! What the hell happened there? And then what happened in the store? Just curious, but why describe Alan's time in the store as "walked around for 15 seconds"?

First, 15 seconds is a precise enough estimate (and I assume they came to that conclusion by watching a time stamped video), that I think 15 seconds is probably, well, just 15 seconds. About the only thing you could do in that short a period of time is grab a drink from the cooler and throw 3 bucks down. And that's if no one else is there or in line.

-The video does not show Alan returning to the car and /or driving away.Did he purchase coffee (as this means it is less likely that he would stopping someplace later when heading further N on Inman)?

We are left wondering: was it actually him? Did he meet somebody inside, and possibly give him/them (voluntarily or not) the key fob? Did someone follow him out (and possibly even get in the car)? I assume Alan was in the car when it left.

But why leave this part of the video out? To me, if you were going to leave a part of the video out, you'd leave out the gas pumping part - and show Alan getting back into the car and driving away. Why are they not showing that?

-I assume there was perhaps a car or several cars waiting to turn left on N Inman out of Racetrac, which would account for why Alan apparently drove through the Chick Fil-A lot and the AutoZone lot, then exited AutoZone and headed straight north on Inman toward his home (that all from previous WS posts). What, 1.3 miles away?

- This seems so close to home, and the direction he turned.. well, is just so direct, that I can only assume that at this point he was truly heading home (note: he may or may not have arrived home (imo) - but that's for another post?). What could have interrupted him?

-If Alan was carjacked: other then the bump scenario, if he perhaps made one more stop as he headed north on N Inman, that spot might've been the location where thieves had an opportunity to act (not unlike the recent nearby carjacking, linked earlier in this thread by a talented WS'er).

-At that hour of the morning, with little open, what would Alan possible stop be? Possibly coffee and /or something for breakfast. With Covid still going around, I think it would have been take out - coffee only, or perhaps some type of pastry.

Along N Inman, between the Racetrac and Alan's house, the possible coffee and donut/breakfast places I could find include: Gram's Donuts, Pulaski's Donuts and Take Out, Sonic Drive-In, Jack-In-The-Box, Starbucks (Lemmon and N Inman), and Ingrams Donuts (a couple of blocks from N Inman off Lemmon). I wonder if any of those establishments have CCTV? Or if any of their respective employees could be shown a photo

Eta Spell check, proof

I can think of two reasons to omit parts of the video.
1. There was nothing of value in the omitted parts and there were other people in the video and they didn't want to falsely implicate anyone.
2. There was a suspicious person in the omitted parts and they don't want to tip their hand.

Alan White was last seen leaving the LA Fitness off Haskell Avenue in Dallas after 5 a.m. on Thurs., Oct. 22.
'He just vanished into thin air': Family, friends desperate to find missing Dallas man | wfaa.com

White is married and an executive for the accounting company KPMG.

UPDATE: Reward offered for info on whereabouts of Alan White - Dallas Voice
UPDATE: There is a $10,000 reward now being offered for information leading to the known whereabouts of James Alan White. He was last seen around 6 a.m. on Oct. 22, driving out of the LA Fitness CityPlace parking lot on Haskell in a 202 black Porsche Macan, like the one pictured below, only with silver wheels. Dealer tag 8F4972.

James Alan White is 5’11” tall and weighs 160 pounds. He was last seen wearing a light gray tank top and dark gym shorts, and carrying a maroon-and-navy two-tone sling bag.

I believe now the last place he was seen was at the gas station? Does anyone have a timeline? And what about the address of the gym, gas station, and his office? Would love to plot them on a map for a visual.

A couple new random thoughts after watching the new vid and pondering the maps posted...

It's possible he had his phone out at the pump to use an app to pay for gas. It's quite possible the Porsche dealership had a temp account set up to cover incidentals (like gas) which would then be applied to the bill for his own vehicle's repair/servicing... hence the absence of financial activity on Alan's cards or account.

Walking into the gas station for 15 seconds without making a purchase could be simply getting an attendant's attention "Hey, man... could you get Pump # whatever going..." then walking back out to pump.

Is his home in a gated community? ...because that area you pull into waiting for the gate to open would be an excellent spot for an ambush. ESPECIALLY if you have to roll down your window and stop to use a key pad. I've accidentally left my clicker in my car after dropping it off at the shop on more than one occasion. I've also seen random non-residents piggyback through a gated entry... and others get annoyed when their piggybacking attempts are thwarted by the "potential piggyback-ee (?)" recognizing the situation and blocking them out.

Just spitballing some possibilities... MOO.

I have been following this from the beginning. I think a major tip off is that he was reported as "want to locate" to police so fast, I think it was 11:00 am. A good friend of mine, son in law killed himself a few months ago. It was basically same situation. He was reported as "want to locate" within a few hours of him leaving home, and police were able, in this case to track his phone to a garage, where he was found at 10pm with a self inflicted gunshot wound, dead. He was suffering from depression at the time, but of course no one thought he would kill himself. He had 4 young sons and was a C level exec at JP Morgan Chase, only 44yrs old. So tragic.

Hmm so there’s no video of him released yet actually getting into the car and driving off correct? That’s interesting and reminds me a bit of when the Hannah Graham investigators released the video knowing the perp was in it but denied there being anything there. I know his family says he got back in and drove a certain route, but maybe there is more info they aren’t releasing right now. Why not show the whole video?

from where - the gym or the gas station?
there is from the gym because the detectives can be heard discussing which way he goes

I have been following this from the beginning. I think a major tip off is that he was reported as "want to locate" to police so fast, I think it was 11:00 am. A good friend of mine, son in law killed himself a few months ago. It was basically same situation. He was reported as "want to locate" within a few hours of him leaving home, and police were able, in this case to track his phone to a garage, where he was found at 10pm with a self inflicted gunshot wound, dead. He was suffering from depression at the time, but of course no one thought he would kill himself. He had 4 young sons and was a C level exec at JP Morgan Chase, only 44yrs old. So tragic.

But if he were planning to kill himself why would he go to the gym first and stop for gas?

But if he were planning to kill himself why would he go to the gym first and stop for gas?

Sadly, we've seen that kind of thing here on WS before :( It's like they're just living their normal routine, and then.....

Anyone have examples? I know it's happened, but of course now I can't think of any off the top of my head. :mad:

Why is that relevant? Honest question.

In some places, masks indoors at any business is mandatory. It is here. I can't walk into a gas station without one, without a lot of dirty looks and possibly the employees refusing to serve me.

But I have no idea if it's mandatory where AW lives.

Sadly, we've seen that kind of thing here on WS before :( It's like they're just living their normal routine, and then.....

Anyone have examples? I know it's happened, but of course now I can't think of any off the top of my head. :mad:

I believe Jennifer Huston in Oregon did that. Gas & snacks, IIRC.
It's not uncommon, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member