Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so glad another video has been released of Alan. Maybe it will trigger someone's memory. To me the gas station video is even more helpful than the gym video because it's in color and it is after the gym so appears to now be the last known time he was caught on camera?

Also IMO this in no longer someone who vanished after leaving LA Fitness. He went missing after getting gas close to his home. The narrative has shifted.

There are still a lot of possibilities but now I think this is less likely to have anything to do with the gym so that's helpful. But it opens up the idea of someone seeing him or the car at the gas station.

I'm so thankful that the video was released by the family. I'm guessing it was their own tenacity and love for Alan that obtained and released this video.

MOO

Family Releases New Surveillance Video Of Missing Dallas Man Alan White, Reward Increased

In the video above, Tim says Alan went into the store walked around for 15 seconds, then went back to his car unlocked it and got in.

Tim doesn't say, Alan went into the store paid for his gas or bought something. He says he walked around.

If you watch the video at the news link embedded mid way through the story - Alan finished pumping gas, opens the car door and it looks like he is messing with his phone. Closes the door and walks out of view. This must be where Tim says he goes into the store and walks around.

Did Alan see something that made him nervous outside? Was he waiting until someone left to go back to his car?
Did anyone else notice the white car that stopped in front of the gas pumps where Alan was pumping gas? It stopped and appeared to stay stopped for half a minute or so, I got the impression they were watching Alan.

Did anyone else notice the white car that stopped in front of the gas pumps where Alan was pumping gas? It stopped and appeared to stay stopped for half a minute or so, I got the impression they were watching Alan.
I did see that, it's notable for sure. There was also a white car in the gym video too, can you tell if it's similar?

I wonder if he was a victim of a bump and grab and then because the alert for him went out so quick they dumped the car because it was too hot to try to sell. We have had a few attempts at a bump and grab in Baytown that made the news. People stopped at stop sign or stop light, get lightly nudged from behind and then when you get out to look at damage they take your vehicle or at least try to, sometimes there is gunfire involved around here. I got bumped light enough once to feel it but it didn’t do any damage to my car (not bump and grab, kid not paying attention because he was on his phone and slid into me). Since he was so close to his house, and if the white cars are similar they could have followed him and waited for the opportunity. Can’t have other cars around or you can’t make a get away.
As always IMOO.

I wonder if he was a victim of a bump and grab and then because the alert for him went out so quick they dumped the car because it was too hot to try to sell. We have had a few attempts at a bump and grab in Baytown that made the news. People stopped at stop sign or stop light, get lightly nudged from behind and then when you get out to look at damage they take your vehicle or at least try to, sometimes there is gunfire involved around here. I got bumped light enough once to feel it but it didn’t do any damage to my car (not bump and grab, kid not paying attention because he was on his phone and slid into me). Since he was so close to his house, and if the white cars are similar they could have followed him and waited for the opportunity. Can’t have other cars around or you can’t make a get away.
As always IMOO.

Do you think that a "bump and grab," could happen with no damage to the car? Other than that I think it could be possible.
Two other thoughts:
Reconsidering whether the carjacking attempt Wednesday was related trying to give proximity to AW's last known location more weight than the result of the perps attempt. If AW was the victim of these same guys or for that matter any carjackers/kidnappers LE must not have any info to suggest it or his classification of "Want to locate" would be different, right? So IMO that means no camera footage has been provided showing him being approached and no reported contacts to collect ransom.
My second thought is that it's really a shame this second video has just been released 2 weeks later. I have to believe that is because it was just received by the family because up until now reports were "last seen leaving the gym." I wonder if businesses and residents who are located closer to AW's home thought to check their security footage for sightings and whether any potential video would now be lost. Hope not but I know the storage plan for one of our cameras comes available by 7 day plans. After 7 days that footage is gone.

Do you think that a "bump and grab," could happen with no damage to the car?

I think it’s possible but I’m not sure if the computer in the car would store it or not, if that’s possible. Not sure how many sensors record what on a high end vehicle honestly. From what I have seen on the news, they come to a stop behind you and then gently roll into you so not to damage the vehicle they are trying to steal, or at least damage it much. Just enough of a bump to feel it.

Looks like it’s called “bump and rob” from the news reports I tried to find. Maybe he felt the need to not surrender the vehicle because it wasn’t his but a loaner and put up a fight. If that’s the case one would think there would be blood inside the vehicle and I haven’t seen any reports to that effect but I haven’t seen anything that says there isn’t either. Those doors should lock so I can’t imagine someone jumping in at a stop sign or light at least on passenger side. Gun in the face on drivers side window would make one pause but one would think they would force him out, not take him with, unless they thought they would make him go to the bank to withdraw cash (another thing that has happened in Houston) and he didn’t cooperate, again blood in the vehicle though.
Not to derail but this is scenario above, just to cite source.
Suspects wanted for kidnapping, forcing man to withdraw cash

as always IMOO.

Remember how early on, we questioned why he was reported missing so quickly?

This is only IMHO but what if AW had been struggling with depression? What if that morning at the gym was him trying to follow a normal routine, even though he felt anything but normal?

Works out, stops for gas, wanders briefly inside the gas station. Why does he wander for 15 seconds there? Trying to decide what to do? Trying to decide if he can face going home and acting normal?

He leaves the gas station, headed home, but decides he can’t do it. He’s thought about this before, somewhat planned it in his head. Leaves the car where he knows it will stand out.

Are there any wooded areas nearby?

Do you think that a "bump and grab," could happen with no damage to the car?
Absolutely no damage to the car? Or....

No damage visible to anyone not a professional body shop repair man or rental car manager (these managers can be very adept at noting slight damages on returned cars)?

Though any impact will leave some damage, damage from a minor bump could well be unnoticeable to anyone not scrutinizing the vehicle for it.

My guess a common bump tactic is for the bumpers to pull up close, stop, then take their foot off the brake. Their car is then pulled by idling engine into a very minor collision with the car in front.

Absolutely no damage to the car? Or....

No damage visible to anyone not a professional body shop repair man or rental car manager (these managers can be very adept at noting slight damages on returned cars)?

Though any impact will leave some damage, damage from a minor bump could well be unnoticeable to anyone not scrutinizing the vehicle for it.

My guess a common bump tactic is for the bumpers to pull up close, stop, then take their foot off the brake. Their car is then pulled by idling engine into a very minor collision with the car in front.

Seems like they would just want to take the car and not the guy but something like this seems very possible.

I'm beginning to think this may be a possibility @AmandaSkis. It may also explain why his husband is not speaking out, he is the person closest to Alan and may know that something was going on with him. I also think it would explain why the car was found, but not Alan.

I'm leaning slightly more towards a "bump and grab" or carjacking except - where is Alan? Reading all those Dallas articles it seems like this would not be an uncommon crime given his car BUT then were is Alan. None of those carjackers seem like they could pull off a well-thought out plan where Alan wouldn't be found - but I agree with the thought that the early missing report made the car too "hot" to do anything with but abandon.

The gas station video makes one of those seem more likely to me than a hook up gone wrong at this point. And surely there would be a digital trail that could be followed for that (and would have been followed) though I can't get a handle on whether the police are being that aggressive or the family that is being more proactive.

Sad all around because I can't see a positive outcome in any of those scenarios.

ETA - has there ever been mention of Alan’s house being searched - I just had a thought that might tell us something.

Remember how early on, we questioned why he was reported missing so quickly?

This is only IMHO but what if AW had been struggling with depression? What if that morning at the gym was him trying to follow a normal routine, even though he felt anything but normal?

Works out, stops for gas, wanders briefly inside the gas station. Why does he wander for 15 seconds there? Trying to decide what to do? Trying to decide if he can face going home and acting normal?

He leaves the gas station, headed home, but decides he can’t do it. He’s thought about this before, somewhat planned it in his head. Leaves the car where he knows it will stand out.

Are there any wooded areas nearby?

Last edited:
Could anyone see how Alan paid for his gas? At the pump with card vs inside?
It was not released how he paid for his gas. His brother states Alan went into the store walked around for 15 seconds, then went back to his car and got in.

The video starts when he is pumping gas so if he paid at the pump beforehand that was left out. The video ends with him walking back to driver side door, opening and closing then proceeding one step forward.

I wonder why it ends then and not with him getting back inside his car. I wonder why they are not showing video from inside the store.

Seems like they are leaving pieces out on purpose MOO.

Last edited:
The facts here, as we know them now, makes it very unlikely to me that this is anything other than a voluntary disappearance (including self-harm). Close to home when he goes missing, car found intact, husband very quiet, family jumping on this immediately. I just don’t see loved ones doing this unless they are worried about this guy doing something rash. Random bad guys usually don’t take the body with them (or conceal it so well). Hope he’s OK.

I noticed something last night and although very unlikely it's related to this, I'm gonna throw it out there. In the video there is a white work truck parked a few cars from Alan's car. It doesn't move or anything, then a white vehicle at the gas station ( not sure if its a SUV or truck) and in Alans pictures on his FB there is a white work truck in photos of homes he was working on. Granted the FB pics are from 2011 or so. I highly doubt we could get that lucky but it's been on my mind. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13