Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The interactive map shows a grocery store, a small strip mall, and a gas station on one side of the road, and a pawn shop, another gas station, and a convenience store on the other. There does appear to be an apartment complex near the pawn shop, but it's fenced and it doesn't look like the entrance to the complex is on that side.

Last edited:
It's very close to the LA Fitness. Hard to imagine the car was there for 6-7 days without being noticed.
That's not really close in Dallas terms. It's only 11 miles and 12min as of this time of night, but with normal traffic during that time of day it could take 15-20 min to get there. I'm attaching a couple of satellite images of the area. Definitely not the kind of place someone from Uptown Dallas would be going - unless they were meeting a dealer maybe. Even that is hard to imagine. Note a few of things from the satellite pics:
1. There are several heavily wooded areas around.
2. This intersection is near our big landfill and surrounded by industrial areas where there are a couple of "pick and pull" yards. Would not be hard to imagine a chop shop in the vicinity.
3. There is a pin on Google Maps at that intersection that says, "The ACTUAL hood." That's not my pin - but I guess it describes what some would call the area.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201030-233712_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20201030-233712_Maps.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 122
  • Screenshot_20201030-233748_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20201030-233748_Maps.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 128
  • Screenshot_20201030-234024_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20201030-234024_Maps.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 112
Looks like a Valero gas station there.

The interactive map shows a grocery store, a small strip mall, and a gas station on one side of the road, and a pawn shop, another gas station, and a convenience store on the other. There does appear to be an apartment complex near the pawn shop, but it's fenced and it doesn't look like the entrance to the complex is on that side.
That's not really close in Dallas terms. It's only 11 miles and 12min as of this time of night, but with normal traffic during that time of day it could take 15-20 min to get there. I'm attaching a couple of satellite images of the area. Definitely not the kind of place someone from Uptown Dallas would be going - unless they were meeting a dealer maybe. Even that is hard to imagine. Note a few of things from the satellite pics:
2. This intersection is near our big landfill and surrounded by industrial areas where there are a couple of "pick and pull" yards. Would not be hard to imagine a chop shop in the vicinity.
3. There is a pin on Google Maps at that intersection that says, "The ACTUAL hood." That's not my pin - but I guess it describes what some would call the area.
The one thing that hasn’t been mentioned about this area is that there is also a bus stop right there.
Google Earth Link

Google Earth
#googleearth
Postcard from Google Earth

Google Earth
#googleearth

ETA attempting to add pic

Attachments

• A42128E3-80D6-435F-8834-0E32864CD888.jpeg
    A42128E3-80D6-435F-8834-0E32864CD888.jpeg
    127 KB · Views: 23

"The ACTUAL Hood of Dallas" pin. Wow. And notice Ingram and Son Automotive Repair Shop right there too. Thanks for the images.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, I was unclear. When I said not far, I meant physical distance from the gym, not travel time. It's not outside the realm of possibility that the search radius included that area.
True to a point. I guess what I mean is if I was just thinking about a general radius of 10 miles in my head (car was south about 10miles, then off the highway west about a mile) - it doesn't sound like that big of an area to search. But when I think about what in reality is between here and there it feels gigantic and overwhelming. I live north of the LA Fitness he was last seen about 7 miles - so not quite even far enough to be at the outside of a 10mile radius, right? And the amount of....stuff, people, buildings parking lots, hidden places, not so hidden places... just everything from me to where the car was found, much less 10 miles to each side, it seems like a HUGE search area. Does that make sense?

Last edited:
I’m really curious HOW they found the Porsche. Tip maybe? And I wonder where it was exactly. Pulled over on the side of the road, or at one of the establishments in the area? And how long has it been there. Hope there are cameras around.
That car would stick out like a wienermobile in that area! Does not seem like it could have been there long.

With the car being found locked, you may be right. If so, it would have been a quick, he had a work meeting at 7 or 7:30.
Locking the car is a habit you have if you are concerned about someone stealing it. A random car-jacker who dumps the car in a gas station with cameras and locks the door? You could be right.

That car would stick out like a wienermobile in that area! Does not seem like it could have been there long.

A hypothesis: maybe the perpetrator wasn't from the Southside. Maybe whatever happened to Alan didn't happen anywhere close to the Southside. Maybe the perpetrator just wanted rid of Alan's car that sticks out like a sore thumb, so he parked it in a hood that has bad rep, hoping the car would be stolen quickly.

Has anybody brought up that it could have been drug related? Maybe not even for him, but for his husband or hell, even just for a fun Halloween?

That area of Dallas is where my mind goes... KPMG audits global and National companies, not a Valero in South Dallas.

A hypothesis: maybe the perpetrator wasn't from the Southside. Maybe whatever happened to Alan didn't happen anywhere close to the Southside. Maybe the perpetrator just wanted rid of Alan's car that sticks out like a sore thumb, so he parked it in a hood that has bad rep, hoping the car would be stolen quickly.

This is an interesting idea... Now I’m thinking more to the husband. Who reported him missing when he missed the call? How long til he was reported missing? Hmm.

I asked earlier in the thread who reported him missing, and someone said the husband. I don't recall reading in MSM though. He was reported missing just a few hours after the conference call, late morning, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste