Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked earlier in the thread who reported him missing, and someone said the husband. I don't recall reading in MSM though. He was reported missing just a few hours after the conference call, late morning, I think.
The Voice article states it was the husband that called. I think maybe one of the local stations did too.

I wonder what prompted RJ to file a missing person report so early on? The meeting was supposed to be around 7, he was reported missing around 11, so about 4 hours. That's not very long without contact before to going to the police. Was it just an abundance of caution, or was he concerned for some other reason? I'd really like to hear from him.

I wonder what prompted RJ to file a missing person report so early on? The meeting was supposed to be around 7, he was reported missing around 11, so about 4 hours. That's not very long without contact before to going to the police. Was it just an abundance of caution, or was he concerned for some other reason? I'd really like to hear from him.

You know it's possible that RJ knew that Alan was heading somewhere after the gym, but that hasn't been released for whatever reason..Maybe that's why he reported him missing so soon. He knew if he wasn't back right away something went wrong. I hate to think that way, but we've seen it here before :(

Last edited:
Looks like he is removing his shirt, then putting something in the back seat? Didn't look like anyone was in one of the parked cars, no one pulled out and left after him.

I'm thinking he may stopped somewhere on the way home, maybe grab a coffee or a quart of milk? Obviously with the car being found, it wasn't the reason he disappeared. We've not heard of a demand for money. Who would stand to gain the most if Alan is no longer alive? Revenge, did he have any enemies? Affairs or open marriage?
IMO...life insurance policy? JMO

I’m thinking Alan was extremely punctual, responsible and it was unlike him to not respond/answer calls and miss meetings. It’s probably just a situation of this being out of character.

Last edited:
Maybe, but I'm a pretty panicky sort of person and even I'd hesitate to call the police that soon, especially about an adult. I mean, what did he do before he called the police? Did he go out and drive the route he would have taken looking for him? I would also consider how seriously the police would take a missing person report for an adult after such a short time, unless there's an indication there was something else wrong. Adults are allowed to go missing, after all.

I followed this case and as I mentioned earlier I have been following Jake Cefolia’s case as well which happens to have similar characteristics. What is very striking for me is that in Jake’s case there have been absolutely no family interviews, news articles quoting them or even rewards. There is also been no criminal investigation into his disappearance, or even public statements by the police or press conferences.

In this case we do see family talking, and a reward. What is interesting to me about the reward is the fact that it is not through crimestoppers. I wonder if the family did this on their own with the blessing of the police department? If so, I would encourage the family to consider crimestoppers as someone with a tip may feel safer using crimestoppers as it is completely 100% anonymous. If indeed something happened with the community that lives in oak cliff, money may talk with the promise of anonymity.

I am proud of this family for being open and conducting interviews and trying to get the word out. I am curious why we have not heard from the husband. I do also wonder if they’ve thought about doing any searches near the car. The fact that they have not, and there are woods and a dump nearby, also makes me believe they know more information.

I would also consider how seriously the police would take a missing person report for an adult after such a short time, unless there's an indication there was something else wrong. Adults are allowed to go missing, after all.

This is exactly what I am stuck on. Plenty of people who go missing are "responsible and punctual", yet on this specific case LE sprung into action right away. That's pretty rare. MOO

I wonder what prompted RJ to file a missing person report so early on?

I think some of us here from Dallas have spoken about the crime in that specific area. If I had a loved one attending a gym in that neighborhood I would be very concerned about their safety especially with the luxury car target on their back. If they did not return home after a visit as expected I would give the gym a call, maybe drive over and do a quick search then immediately report to police knowing he was last seen there.

Derek Whitener survived a brutal assault just across the street in the City Place Target parking lot 3 years ago.

Derek Whitener from Dallas attacked by men at Target | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members