Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
?, did I read that there is no bank activity since he disappeared or am I confusing cases? I just don't see why a stranger would do this and not get anything out of it. It seems more personal to me. I could be wrong. IMO
You are right, no bank activity. I don’t see why a stranger would do it and not keep the car. Sometimes people take cars to commit crimes with them but truly doesn’t seem like a Porsche is one you want to do that with.

Surely by now, they’ve figured out the route that car took with traffic cameras, other surveillance cameras on possible routes.

Many comments on location the car was found at link. Nothing profound, just opinions. WFAA

The fact the car was not damaged and found locked with no keys, could suggest Alan met someone and left in another vehicle. Something could have gone wrong with whoever he was meeting or it could have been a set-up, and someone intentionally did something to harm him.

Sure wish we had more details to work with.

You are right, no bank activity. I don’t see why a stranger would do it and not keep the car. Sometimes people take cars to commit crimes with them but truly doesn’t seem like a Porsche is one you want to do that with.

Surely by now, they’ve figured out the route that car took with traffic cameras, other surveillance cameras on possible routes.

Can you please share the link that states there's been no banking activity? TIA.

Many comments on location the car was found at link. Nothing profound, just opinions. WFAA

The fact the car was not damaged and found locked with no keys, could suggest Alan met someone and left in another vehicle. Something could have gone wrong with whoever he was meeting or it could have been a set-up, and someone intentionally did something to harm him.

I agree with this. IMO he was to meet someone for reasons to speculate.

Has there been a report of whether his Coach backpack was in the car?

I just find it hard to believe the car was sitting there for any length of time without being noticed or stolen. Especially if the neighborhood is as it seems it is. With it being a commercial area, a car sitting there overnight when everything was closed would be especially conspicuous.

I agree with this. IMO he was to meet someone for reasons to speculate.

Has there been a report of whether his Coach backpack was in the car?
I haven’t seen a report about his belongings but a tv reporter shared a new missing poster after his car was found which now includes a photo and description of his Coach bag, which suggests to me it was not yet found, at least to the family’s knowledge.
https://twitter.com/rozierreports/status/1322257744464891905?s=21

Just my opinion. He got a call went on a sexual liaison and it went south. Someone he didn't know. The tragedy is it happens too often with people you meet online. People are too trusting. He was not the type to leave, he had a life.
I hesitated to bring up the Kevin Bacon case, but since you brought up the subject. I have no idea if that would be out in left field for Alan or not, I'm sure LE has that information from his husband. Open marriages do exist.

I hesitated to bring up the Kevin Bacon case, but since you brought up the subject. I have no idea if that would be out in left field for Alan or not, I'm sure LE has that information from his husband. Open marriages do exist.
Whether it was an open marriage or not, it did not mean Alan did not love his husband, for some people it's the rush ir they feel like it's boosts their confidence, whatever the reason people do it in happy relationships.

Jumping in on this ask. Here is the missing poster that says no bank activity.

Thank you both for the link/info, I hadn't noticed that in the flyer before.

Unfortunately, after 9 days now and no phone or banking activity, I suspect we're not going to be getting good news.

jmo

Don’t you think Oak Cliff would be the perfect plant location to drop a car too? Everyone knows it’s high crime. If someone did drop a car here, hopefully it was captured on video? Bus line right near where car found.

As far as the other posts about a “meetup”. I am so not a morning person...so it seems super odd to want a “meetup” in a small window so early in the morning, to me anyway.

Whether it was an open marriage or not, it did not mean Alan did not love his husband, for some people it's the rush ir they feel like it's boosts their confidence, whatever the reason people do it in happy relationships.
I try to be tactful when I make suggestions about personal relationships, as you say "whatever the reason" it's possible.

<modsnip>

I go back and forth on the car. If Alan left it there, that implies it was there the whole time. Which seems unlikely.

However, if someone dumped it there in hopes it would be stolen, why not leave it unlocked with the keys in it?

Maybe the person who left it isn't an experienced criminal and just wanted to be rid of the car, and didn't consider leaving it unlocked, with the keys. They just left it.

I go back and forth on the car. If Alan left it there, that implies it was there the whole time. Which seems unlikely.

However, if someone dumped it there in hopes it would be stolen, why not leave it unlocked with the keys in it?

Maybe the person who left it isn't an experienced criminal and just wanted to be rid of the car, and didn't consider leaving it unlocked, with the keys. They just left it.

I suspect he parked it there himself that morning after he left the gym.
Met up with someone and left in their vehicle.
All of that info would be in his phone somewhere, likely in a social app.

Just speculation of course. I'd prefer he left on his own and he's fine somewhere but that doesn't seem very realistic.

jmo

I suspect he parked it there himself that morning after he left the gym.
Met up with someone and left in their vehicle.
All of that info would be in his phone somewhere, likely in a social app.

Just speculation of course. I'd prefer he left on his own and he's fine somewhere but that doesn't seem very realistic.

jmo
Agree-

Locking the car and taking the keys is a habitual thing, not something I would think a carjacker would do. They would leave the keys in the hope that it would be stolen.

Full disclosure though- I don't know any carjackers.

There isn't a lot of time if he left at 5:40 ish from the gym to go somewhere, do something, and get back to his house by 7:00 for a conference call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState