Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a hard time believing he would go to South Dallas for a liaison with such a short turn around for his morning meeting, knowing that it would be rush hour by the time he had to go back and he’d need a shower before his meeting.

Agreed! It wouldn't take him long to get to South Dallas at 6am but 7am back would be a different story...getting through the mixmaster and past Downtown. Also, looking at the video, the most direct route to either South Dallas or back home would have take him in a direction opposite to the one that he took when leaving from his parking spot at the gym.

Long time websleuth follower, first time poster. I’m a local Dallasite. I have a hard time believing he would go to South Dallas for a liaison with such a short turn around for his morning meeting, knowing that it would be rush hour by the time he had to go back and he’d need a shower before his meeting. Traffic is terrible getting through the downtown loop anytime of day, but especially during the morning commute.

It would be a known risk to drive a luxury car in a dangerous area, while dark out, as well.
I feel like it’s much more likely something happened at the gas station. That area is super sketchy at the gas stations. I used to go the target there and felt fine, but with lots of people around. Even at the busiest times of day, the gas stations are filled with people who just “need some cash for gas to get to Houston.” It’s always the same trick.
100% agree. Sadly I think this is a classic car jacking. Nice car draws the eye, too hot to sell, ditched in a notorious neighborhood. Based on recent Dallas carjacking cases, could be very young and fairly novice criminals killed him and didn’t know what to do. Hope DPD is taking this more seriously than their press comments indicate and they have gathered massive gps and gas station cam data.

I went by that LA Fitness on my way home today and parked in the location Alan parked in, backed in as well. The thing that stood out to me is that if Alan turned right from his parking spot, instead of left, there is an outlet to Haskell that would take him directly home or directly to South Dallas via 75 (see pic). Instead he turned left in the parking lot and continued through the parking lot til out of sight. That tells me he had another, immediate, motive.

Attachments

• PXL_20201102_000211146.jpg
    PXL_20201102_000211146.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 125
I went by that LA Fitness on my way home today and parked in the location Alan parked in. The thing that stood out to me is that if Alan turned right from his parking spot, instead of left, there is an outlet to Haskell that would take him directly home or directly to South Dallas via 75 (see pic). Instead he turned left in the parking lot and continued through the parking lot til out of sight. That tells me he had another, immediate, motive.
It was reported he planned to get gas before returning home. Not closing down alternatives, but just mentioning. With the turn he made, is there a gas station that makes sense?

It was reported he planned to get gas before returning home. Not closing down alternatives, but just mentioning. With the turn he made, is there a gas station that makes sense?

Agreed I heard the same thing. But there are many gas stations on his route home. No need to circle around the City Place neighborhood to get to Exxon unless he was on empty.

Flipping houses.

How were some of these houses acquired...foreclosures, auctions ?
Is it possible there was boiled over resentment by someone, a previous owner, or competition?
Rich guys take over my house, and resell at a profit.

Just thinking aloud, it just occurred to me.
However, I'm leaning to a car jacking by a couple of young inexperienced thugs who ditched a too hot luxury car, like MoeinVA stated above.

I feel very sad for Alan, seemingly an upstanding man. And for his husband.

I wonder what was inside the bag? If he wore gym clothes to the gym and left in them then what else could be in it? Water, wallet, keys, phone????

What could be in the backpack?

Perhaps towel, hair shampoo, body wash...for after workout shower...
and wallet, water, keys, phone,... as you suggested...

Just some thoughts...

Agreed I heard the same thing. But there are many gas stations on his route home. No need to circle around the City Place neighborhood to get to Exxon unless he was on empty.

I thought I remembered seeing that there is a Kroger near there, is that correct? Is the Kroger in the direction he went? Maybe he had fuel points. Maybe that's silly, but if I'm near a Kroger and I need gas, I go there because I get money off per gallon. Maybe he did the same.

Just some thoughts...
Maybe spinning shoes? Idk if he does spin classes, but they do make special shoes to clip into the bikes. Maybe he had a pair.

Just some thoughts...
Did he get a shower etc at the gym? He wasn't there very long from what I've read and left early enough to go home and shower prior to his meeting. Wasn't he still in his workout clothes when he left. ( Video?)

If Alan got gas, I wonder if he's in the habit of filling the tank up. Maybe his husband knows, or maybe the gas station has a record or there's a CC record.

If a complete fill up, how full was the tank when the car was found? If decent amount of gas used, the car traveled. And if so, was Alan taken in the car, and harmed somewhere, then carjacker(s) dumped the car when he/they got nervous or whatever.

Speaking of the car, it's being processed right? Seat position, prints, trunk investigation, tire residue etc.

If Alan got gas, I wonder if he's in the habit of filling the tank up. Maybe his husband knows, or maybe the gas station has a record or there's a CC record.

If a complete fill up, how full was the tank when the car was found? If decent amount of gas used, the car traveled. And if so, was Alan taken in the car, and harmed somewhere, then carjacker(s) dumped the car when he/they got nervous or whatever.

Speaking of the car, it's being processed right? Seat position, prints, trunk investigation, tire residue etc.

In the Missing poster it states he was last seen leaving the gym and there has been no credit card or banking activity since then, it seems that would include from the time he left the gym so if he got gas, it must have been in cash.

I've seen the mention that he intended to get gas, but haven't seen where that was stated, if anyone knows, would appreciate the link.

It was reported he planned to get gas before going home

If Alan got gas, I wonder if he's in the habit of filling the tank up.

Maybe he had fuel points. Maybe that's silly, but if I'm near a Kroger and I need gas, I go there because I get money off per gallon. Maybe he did the same.

Can someone please link to MSM where it was reported that he told someone he was getting gas on the way home. Who did he tell and when?

^ Post 268...."It was reported that he planned to get gas..."
I don't know where it was reported. on a video? family?

Also, a local poster Newsleuth1234 knows the area and said that the gas stations in that area are very sketchy as far as people hanging around. post 254

I don't think we know if Alan went to a gas station after the gym.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennilynn321