Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that. The phrases “I heard” and “it was reported” may be ok for Facebook groups, but I believe we need an MSM source for that here. Unless it’s “he MAY have gone to get gas, MOO” I think it’s not ok to state it as a reported fact.

If is IS a fact, I just want to see the link. :)
Agree- I don't recall reading that anywhere and if it true, as has been reported in MSM, that his credit card wasn't used then he didn't initiate a fill-up either. Swiping your card is generally the first thing you do.

Also, a local poster Newsleuth1234 knows the area and said that the gas stations in that area are very sketchy as far as people hanging around. post 254
A verty good observation by the other poster- now that he or she mentions it, the gas stations in that area can be noticeably "iffy", even if on a gentrified block.

For reference and to give some additional details, that part of Dallas can be "LA like" in the sense that the over all level of safety can vary by the block- or as Newsleuth pointed out, can suddenly decline at the gas station.

Gentrification is spreading across from the western side of 75 and north from the newly renovated mansions of the Munger historical district.

At the same time, the gentrification can be patchwork. As a result, the surrounding areas can rapidly change from steadily gentrifying to "iffy", to solidly working class and safe, to downright dangerous.

The LA fitness is located immediately east of the 75, and thus the immediate area is likely to be safe. The downside is that the larger immediate area can have very different "worlds" with very quick access to the safe blocks.

I'm surprised too. We here at WS have seen plenty of adult males missing who had calls they missed and plans they didn't show up to - Or that disappeared in "bad areas" - and those cases certainly weren't jumped on like this one. I can't shake the feeling that there is a piece of information we don't know about that may have prompted LE to move so fast on this.

As far as attention and reporting I think this case is similar in a lot of ways to Jake Cefolia. Both executives who were reported missing early on due to them missing meetings at work which was unlike them. Both of their cars were recovered. Neither case seems to have much info from LE. I hope family involvement and speaking out will keep this case going. Jake's seems to have become very quiet.

Anyone see the story about the actor who was shot in a carjacking in Grand Prairie, TX, 13 miles west of Dallas. I haven't seen what kind of car....curious as to if these might be related.
IMO, these two incidents don't seem like the same type of MO. The actor was shot in the stomach at 2 a.m. leaving his girlfriend's apartment's complex with his car being stolen (and later recovered) whereas Alan left his gym 38 minutes after he arrived.

His expensive loaner car was found locked and parked, and he was missing. If it were a carjacking incident, I would expect for him to be held up at gunpoint for his car or shot for his car.

It seems like some sort of setup to me. Since his credit cards haven't been used, I'm assuming that it isn't a stranger robbery or a carjacking. Who else would benefit? Business rival or a personal friend/family member??

Sure hope the police have some leads.

JMO.

Alex Rozier@RozierReports9m
#NEW The reward has been increased to 15k for any information leading to the whereabouts of #Dallas businessman Alan White. The KPMG Executive has not been seen since he left the gym in the morning on October 22nd.

El2Mc_cXUAAdCyy

Alex Rozier@RozierReports9m
#NEW The reward has been increased to 15k for any information leading to the whereabouts of #Dallas businessman Alan White. The KPMG Executive has not been seen since he left the gym in the morning on October 22nd.

El2Mc_cXUAAdCyy

Interesting this new flyer is still including the bag, so that means it wasn't left behind in the car.

I'm beginning to wonder if this wasn't a willful departure.
They're always cruel to those left behind, but it's not illegal, and they do happen.

Just thinking out loud about different possibilities where he might still be alive and okay.

IMO, these two incidents don't seem like the same type of MO. The actor was shot in the stomach at 2 a.m. leaving his girlfriend's apartment's complex with his car being stolen (and later recovered) whereas Alan left his gym 38 minutes after he arrived.

His expensive loaner car was found locked and parked, and he was missing. If it were a carjacking incident, I would expect for him to be held up at gunpoint for his car or shot for his car.

It seems like some sort of setup to me. Since his credit cards haven't been used, I'm assuming that it isn't a stranger robbery or a carjacking. Who else would benefit? Business rival or a personal friend/family member??

Sure hope the police have some leads.

JMO.
I totally agree. Finding the car changed everything, what carjacker takes the driver and leaves the car?

Much has been made of the upscale value of the car, but it's not missing. So IMO the car wasn't the target, Alan was.

At this point, I've pretty much excluded a random crime against him. I think he met up with someone and left in another car. If he had a debit/credit card in his possession, no one has tried to use it. That also suggests this wasn't a street level type of crime IMO. So often a perp will try to get cash from an ATM or make an expensive purchase somewhere. None of that here to our knowledge.

Did someone with a financial motive intentionally disappear Alan? Could it be he accidentally died during an encounter of some sort?

Agree- I don't recall reading that anywhere and if it true, as has been reported in MSM, that his credit card wasn't used then he didn't initiate a fill-up either. Swiping your card is generally the first thing you do.

I’ve quoted the place where I linked an article in response to someone else’s question about whether credit cards have been used. This article indeed says that they have not been. This article was from early on but early on they had not been used.

@anonypotomous I’m sorry, We aren’t supposed to link anyone’s Facebook page except for the victims. So without doing that we have no info that has been posted from the police themselves.We do however have reporters that have referenced a “want to locate” from the police.

And, I still say that the police are limited with what they can do unless they see a crime has been committed. However, the family is doing a fantastic job keeping this forefront in the media and doing everything they can do to assume a crime has been committed and to try to get information. I think family commented they were trying to get a court order to get into cell phone records. That was the family making that statement not police. We have no idea if police are trying to get a court order.

There have been no press conferences by police. There have been no posts on their Facebook page. It is not being treated like a crime. But yes, they have to take a report of a missing person and assign an investigator or detective and call it a “want to locate”. Other than that, I’m not sure what has been done. Honestly, knowing what they do in these types of cases is really a burning question for me.

I wonder if he was auditing someone/a business?
From his LinkedIn and from what I believe to be a prior job posting of his job he does not audit per se. His position is in advisory. Advisory related to information technology. His title can be found in the article he wrote below. It is: Advisisory Managing Director, CIO (Chief Information Officer) Advisory.

Alan White

Advisory Managing Director, CIO Advisory, KPMG US
+1 214-840-8959

Reaching the other side of COVID 19 part I

From his LinkedIn and from what I believe to be a prior job posting of his job he does not audit per se. His position is in advisory. Advisory related to information technology. His title can be found in the article he wrote below. It is: Advisisory Managing Director, CIO (Chief Information Officer) Advisory.

Alan White

Advisory Managing Director, CIO Advisory, KPMG US
+1 214-840-8959

Reaching the other side of COVID 19 part I
Great to see you on his thread - I just don’t know what this can be ? He wasn’t driving his regular vehicle so how did the car get to the final location nice and locked ? It’s odd
JMO

@anonypotomous I’m sorry, We aren’t supposed to link anyone’s Facebook page except for the victims. So without doing that we have no info that has been posted from the police themselves.We do however have reporters that have referenced a “want to locate” from the police.

Trying again and staying on topic :) Thanks for the heads up. You had asked me to help you understand why LE jumped on this case fast,so I posted the source. Thank you for reminding me only the victim's FB page can be linked, not their sibling's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tb3