Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I'd share a video I took when at LA Fitness Sunday evening. I parked in the same area Alan was parked in, also backed into the parking space. I turned left out of the parking space proceeding through the lot past the first exit, same as Alan. I continued through the lot, past the point where we saw the last image of Alan's car. I passed another exit then turned left further into the lot/shopping center where there is a Bank of America drive-thru/ATM immediately to the right, the 2660 at CityPlace apartment complex to the left and a Kroger's straight ahead. I took a right then another right proceeding out of the lot/shopping center onto Capitol Ave. There is a 24 hr Whataburger to the immediate left. I stopped at the light which is the intersection of Capitol and Haskell. Straight ahead is a shopping center with a Target amongst other stores.

Side note: there is a Starbucks in the Target as well as a Starbucks in the Kroger. The Target one opens daily at 8am, the Kroger one opens daily at 6am.

I hesitated sending this out as I wanted to go back and get a better quality video but since it's quiet today I thought it might give us a little something to look at.

PXL_20201102_000247435~3.mp4

Last edited:
I thought I'd share a video I took when at LA Fitness Sunday evening. I parked in the same area Alan was parked in, also backed into the parking space. I turned left out of the parking space proceeding through the lot past the first exit, same as Alan. I continued through the lot, past the point where we saw the last image of Alan's car. I passed another exit then turned left further into the lot/shopping center where there is a Bank of America drive-thru/ATM immediately to the right, the 2660 at CityPlace apartment complex to the left and a Kroger's straight ahead. I took a right then another right proceeding out of the lot/shopping center onto Capitol Ave. There is a 24 hr Whataburger to the immediate left. I stopped at the light which is the intersection of Capitol and Haskell. Straight ahead is a shopping center with a Target amongst other stores.

Side note: there is a Starbucks in the Target as well as a Starbucks in the Kroger. The Target one opens daily at 8am, the Kroger one opens daily at 6am.

I hesitated sending this out as I wanted to go back and get a better quality video but since it's quiet today I thought it might give us a little something to look at.

Thanks for recording this route!

Outstanding, thank you!

Have you considered doing the same at the location the car was found? If it's a dangerous area, never mind.

Have you considered doing the same at the location the car was found? If it's a dangerous area, never mind.

Yes! I actually went today on my lunch break and found the intersection but could not recall the exact location where the car was found. Somewhere around the auto shop? If somebody could provide a pic or link to that I will get back out there!

That intersection, the traffic and the businesses, has much more activity than I expected. There are several apartment complexes and gated communities in the immediate area as well as a Public library and Fire department only a block or two from the intersection south on Bonnie View. It is a low-income to middle-class area so it is hard for me to believe the Porsche sat there for 6 - 7 days unnoticed.

Last edited:
Do we know how the vehicle was found and who found it??
The car he was seen driving away in, a black Porsche Macan loaner, was found Thursday by the Dallas Police Department, according to WFAA.

The car was found in southeast Oak Cliff, near Bonnie View Road and Simpson Stuart Road, police spokeswoman Melinda Gutierrez said.

She said there’s a “want to locate” report for White on file. Such reports are filed when relatives want to get in touch with someone they have had trouble contacting.

Family looking for Dallas man who disappeared after leaving a gym in Uptown

Yes! I actually went today on my lunch break and found the intersection but could not recall the exact location where the car was found. Somewhere around the auto shop? If somebody could provide a pic or link to that I will get back out there!

That intersection, the traffic and the businesses, has much more activity than I expected. There are several apartment complexes and gated communities in the immediate area as well as a Public library and Fire department only a block or two from the intersection south on Bonnie View. It is a low-income to middle-class area so it is hard for me to believe the Porsche sat there for 6 - 7 days unnoticed.
In the link Jo shared, there is a video. At 27 seconds it shows the car in what I think is the found location. There isn’t much reference area shown. Can you take a look and see if you can figure out what lot it is?

There are several maps of the intersectoon near where the car was found in this post I made a few days ago - some zoomed in and some from further out. Intersection is all we've been given so far. 11 miles from the gym.
That's not really close in Dallas terms. It's only 11 miles and 12min as of this time of night, but with normal traffic during that time of day it could take 15-20 min to get there. I'm attaching a couple of satellite images of the area. Definitely not the kind of place someone from Uptown Dallas would be going - unless they were meeting a dealer maybe. Even that is hard to imagine. Note a few of things from the satellite pics:
1. There are several heavily wooded areas around.
2. This intersection is near our big landfill and surrounded by industrial areas where there are a couple of "pick and pull" yards. Would not be hard to imagine a chop shop in the vicinity.
3. There is a pin on Google Maps at that intersection that says, "The ACTUAL hood." That's not my pin - but I guess it describes what some would call the area.

In the link Jo shared, there is a video. At 27 seconds it shows the car in what I think is the found location. There isn’t much reference area shown. Can you take a look and see if you can figure out what lot it is?
I'm pretty sure the picture shown in the newscast is from the dealership - Park Place Porsche. I grabbed a bigger screen shot of it and found a picture on Google Maps that shows a part of the parking lot of the dealership. (For clarification: news story pic is a daytime pic, dealership reference pic was taken at night time) Same style parking lot post lights and hardscape in both. Also, I'm not a car person but in the background of the news story picture I see a bunch of what appears to be more high-end sports cars - like Porsches I think. Those would definitely not be near the intersection the car was found.
Screenshot_20201105-042955_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20201105-042748_Maps.jpg

I don't know for sure where AW lives but there is a townhouse listed in his name on Holland Ave. That's within Oak Lawn which is known as the hub of our LGBTQ community. It also makes sense in terms of proximity to the gym.
Screenshot_20201105-045726_Maps.jpg

Also, @Dallas Volunteer this map may offer a clue about why AW turned left out of his parking spot. Looks like there is a kind of back way alternate route to go between his home and the gym.

There’s only about four hours from the last seen on video to when husband reports. That’s a very small window to disappear someone, I don’t think husband is involved. Maybe the want to locate from LE is based on info given about his plans after the gym!! Very strange circumstances.
Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member