Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great to see you on his thread - I just don’t know what this can be ? He wasn’t driving his regular vehicle so how did the car get to the final location nice and locked ? It’s odd
JMO
Thank you! I agree... it’s odd. I will say this, I drive a car that locks automatically if my hand is just near the door and I have my key. So someone may have not wanted to leave the key behind and it auto locked. It could’ve even been habit to take the key. Seems gory to say, but would they be so dumb to think they could put the key with wherever Alan is and make it look like he left the car behind. A trophy?

2. We only know the connecting roads where the car was found. We have no idea where it really was or if it was hidden.

3. I think oak cliff is a great place to dump a car and avert direction from other possibilities.

4. Why would he need to ride with anyone else or even abandon his car if he was meeting someone? Only reason I can think of would be if someone else recognized it. (Then I’d want to know how long he’d had that rental)

5. We’ve not talked about a stalker. Maybe someone from the gym? Anyone leave soon after or before then follow him? But even that seems hard to accomplish an abduction of sorts.

6. Is anything of his missing from home? Could anything have been in trunk? Do they have ring or security cameras? What do they show?

7. Wrong place wrong time? But why no body? He didn’t have a fatal injury in his car, so where is he?

Now I’m stumped too!

ETA: info on the Porsche key—Porsche The key to it all - Porsche AG

Just leave it in your pocket, because gripping the door handle will prompt the search for an access code stored in the key, which will unlock the door.

The car is then locked by pressing a button on the outside of the door handle (or by sensor for the Macan).

Last edited:
Re: Alan leaving the vehicle at that location, would he have left such an expensive vehicle in that area and risked having it stolen or damaged?

We don't know anything about the house. Alan's brother, TW, said in an interview that there was a handwritten "to-do" list on his desk, but that's the only mention there's been of the home. For all we know, he did go back home after the gym, and something happened there.

I feel like whatever happened had to do with Alan and not the vehicle.

Re: Alan leaving the vehicle at that location, would he have left such an expensive vehicle in that area and risked having it stolen or damaged?

We don't know anything about the house. Alan's brother, TW, said in an interview that there was a handwritten "to-do" list on his desk, but that's the only mention there's been of the home. For all we know, he did go back home after the gym, and something happened there.

Actually, IF Alan was being stalked or IF somebody wanted to off him for whatever reason, choosing a time period during which Alan had that expensive loaner could be intentional so as to look like his disappearance was related to that car.
(though....maybe the car he has in repairs is a luxury car too...I dunno)

JMO, LE knows Alan did not come back to the house. His husband could have been back home from his workout or they have a home security system. Either way, if that was a known fact the family or LE would have stated such.

Actually, IF Alan was being stalked or IF somebody wanted to off him for whatever reason, choosing a time period during which Alan had that expensive loaner could be intentional so as to look like his disappearance was related to that car.
(though....maybe the car he has in repairs is a luxury car too...I dunno)
Looking at the problem from another direction:
Is that model of luxury vehicle seen often in that area? Locals who commute through, have you ever been behind one of those?
If not common, are there just a few in that area, owned by famous/infamous people?
And/or.... who was driving the loaner in the weeks/days prior to Alan?

I wonder if Alan was meeting someone that morning and somehow that meeting went bad. Maybe someone he dealt with while flipping houses? Just supposed to meet for coffee quick and discuss something and then things went south? IMO this is not a random crime of opportunity/robbery due to the way the car was found.

MOO but until LE says otherwise, I don't really see any evidence that there was foul play. I am leaning towards he planned to take off. Maybe he met someone, quarantine got to him, etc. I'm hoping that is the case, as we have seen many times before.

Why would he take off when he had a conference call shortly after he left, though? It had to take a fair amount of foresight to do that (bank cards haven't been used, so he must have procured cash to be living off of), it seems like he would do it on a day that he wouldn't be missed for a while. Also, if he met someone and he wanted to leave his marriage, ok, but why not let his mother and siblings know, if not his husband?

Why would he take off when he had a conference call shortly after he left, though? It had to take a fair amount of foresight to do that (bank cards haven't been used, so he must have procured cash to be living off of), it seems like he would do it on a day that he wouldn't be missed for a while. Also, if he met someone and he wanted to leave his marriage, ok, but why not let his mother and siblings know, if not his husband?
Working at KPMG during the pandemic, he likely had conference calls throughout the day each day, and possibly obligations on the weekends as well. If one has a mental break and needs to get away (complete speculation and not nec. my theory), I doubt the mental break waits for a "good" time to do it.

But a mental break is also not something that is typically planned, and if he's living off the grid with cash, he must have gotten that from somewhere, which would indicate a level of planning. Why not just leave in the middle of the night?

But a mental break is also not something that is typically planned, and if he's living off the grid with cash, he must have gotten that from somewhere, which would indicate a level of planning. Why not just leave in the middle of the night?
I don't think this is the escape from my life and start a new one scenario.

This is (completely MOO) either self-harm or unfortunate crime victim.

The video from the gas station and points along the way combined with whatever might be in that car will hopefully tell the tale.

The timing is too close for him to have thought he could drive to the place where his car was found, and then back home again in time for the call (unless he was going to take the call in his car, which I have done on both Webex and Teams).

IMO, he didn't take the car there. And, even if he's not starting a new life, he has to be eating, drinking, staying somewhere. Unless he's with someone who's letting him stay there.

Last edited:
IMO, he didn't take the car there. And, even if he's not staring a new life, he has to be eating, drinking, staying somewhere. Unless he's with someone who's letting him stay there.
Something tells me you're right.

Even if he needed a break, all he would need to do is shut off his phone, use his assets (bank cards etc..) to go somewhere, and tell the police he is just fine and doesn't wish to be disturbed.

There is no need to park your rental in some random spot and go off the grid like a hobo.

WFAA reporter Alex Rozier stated yesterday @ 3:06pm in his tweet that Dallas police were getting a warrant for Alan's car. Hopefully we will hear soon what they have found if anything from inside the car.

https://twitter.com/RozierReports/status/1323370873726926851?s=19
I imagine the car referred to here is the loaner...

I wonder how his OWN car received damage enough to need to be serviced?

Could it somehow be related to the current situation?

(Maybe his own car just needed regular maintenance, though...)

Just a thought...

Looking at the problem from another direction:
Is that model of luxury vehicle seen often in that area? Locals who commute through, have you ever been behind one of those?
If not common, are there just a few in that area, owned by famous/infamous people?
And/or.... who was driving the loaner in the weeks/days prior to Alan?
Luxury cars are pretty common in Dallas. It would be irregular in the area that it was found, but not unthinkable for someone to be passing through, especially being so close to the highway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member