GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This poor, poor baby.

Not directing this anywhere, but just throwing it out there......how many times can I change my name? Can I just legally change it a few times? Can I just make one up?

Prayers for LE involved here just sorting life out in general. More prayers for those poor teens.

FWIW. Evidently, the teenager who pulled the tarp back knew from the hair it was a girl.

Well, we don't know that for sure, perhaps he seen other things to base his statement on (eg.purple underwear :( )

I am saying that about her hair because, unfortunately I have seen pictures of her where it is extremely difficult to tell if she is male or female.

Jmo

Eta: Come to think of it, I believe one of the witnesses did mention her hair. Will try to pull the link

Mom, I cant find the article I read about seeing her at 2:00pm today so I edited my post above until I can find it. I know I read that though....
When I find it I will post it...

I can't find it, either but I remember reading it too.

Here it is !! She was seen at 2 pm today....

Street where slain child lived reopened in Saginaw; investigators release little info .

The FBI meticulously combed through every inch of the house. Agents removed boxes.

They interviewed neighbors, one of whom told police he last saw the little girl in his front yard around 2 p.m. She was playing with his grandchildren.

By 7:30 p.m., she was discovered dead.

http://www.khou.com/news/texas-news?fId=214092951&fPath=/news/local/&fDomain=10247

Back on the street where the girl lived for at least the past few years, authorities cordoned off about half the block with crime scene tape. Neighbors said they often saw the girl out playing alone.

“She was a precious little girl,” said neighbor Kay Stief. “I usually just saw her on her scooter

Kaylee Bryant, 13, befriended the girl about a year ago. They would jump on the trampoline in Kaylee’s backyard or watch cartoons in her house, she said.

“I never really saw her play with other kids,” Kaylee said. “She would always come to my house and knock on the door … . It doesn’t seem real.”

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/metr...th-of-young-girl-dumped-on-saginaw-street.ece

She trusted this young girl. Kids will go to someone a little bit older who they can trust.

That's a sin. A d*mn sin. This young lady will forever have the thought of her little friend etched in her mind.

I'm always unsure what we can and can't link but has anyone seen the family videos on youtube? Alanna was still quite young but I am crying...such a beautiful little girl. She certainly seemed loved, too.

RIP, sweet girl.

I don't know about children specifically, but homicide rates are significantly down from just 25 years ago. There were about 25,000 murders in 1991 compared to about 15,000 in 2010. The population increased by about 56 million in that time.

I appreciate your response, but where I'm sitting those statistics seem skewed. I don't recall this many young children disappearing and/or being murdered five years ago.

Is it just me, or does it seem that our children are being murdered at an alarmingly accelerated rate these days? Prayers for this little one's family~

This is the 2nd 5 year old murder victim from Texas this week!

Back on the street where the girl lived for at least the past few years, authorities cordoned off about half the block with crime scene tape. Neighbors said they often saw the girl out playing alone.

“She was a precious little girl,” said neighbor Kay Stief. “I usually just saw her on her scooter

Kaylee Bryant, 13, befriended the girl about a year ago. They would jump on the trampoline in Kaylee’s backyard or watch cartoons in her house, she said.

“I never really saw her play with other kids,” Kaylee said. “She would always come to my house and knock on the door … . It doesn’t seem real.”

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/metr...th-of-young-girl-dumped-on-saginaw-street.ece
Just a thought...

but there may not have been very many... If any... Children her age on her street... Sometimes it is difficult for children at differing developmental levels to find common ground... So to speak...

JMO

I appreciate your response, but where I'm sitting those statistics seem skewed. I don't recall this many young children disappearing and/or being murdered five years ago.

My husband and I were talking about this the other day. I have no idea what the statistics are but it certainly seems like crimes against young children have gotten worse.

Is it because child *advertiser censored* is much more accessible?

Or maybe because the sentence for offenders is a joke. Honestly, I was looking through those pages of sex offenders in Alanna's area and was disgusted at how light the sentences were given. For sex crimes against SMALL children. It's maddening.

Well, I wouldn't know about most of these cases if I wasn't on WS....

CNN affiliate KTVT said no children from the area have been reported missing. KTVT said the body was decomposed, making it difficult for officials to determine the child's gender.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/02/justice/texas-child-body-found/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

“We’re trying to establish when she was last seen,” Macon said. “We’re also trying to determine when the tarp was first seen because we’ve had witnesses put the time from mid-afternoon until 7 p.m.”

Macon noted that the girl had friends in the neighborhood around her home, but authorities had not determined if she had been playing with any of them.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/0...oung-girl-found-in-saginaw.html#storylink=cpy

If the child's body was decomposing, there is no way she was decomposing that badly within just a few hours of playing with friends. Does anyone know what time anyone last saw her alive?
jmo
B b m
I was wondering the same thing.

Subjective observations are notoriously unreliable in such matters. We tend to assume a phenomenon has become more common when in fact it's simply being reported better, or we're just paying more attention.

Crimes and violence against children have always existed. Heck, in some times and places it's been considered acceptable to leave unwanted babies in the wilderness to starve.
There's a reason so many old folk tales feature kids in danger.

Rest in peace, Alanna.

Is it just me, or does it seem that our children are being murdered at an alarmingly accelerated rate these days? Prayers for this little one's family~

We just have more information about what is going on in the world because of the internet. We are much more aware now then before when incidents like this were more local news.

Still sad though. Too many children through the years never made it to adulthood.

It takes a special kind of sick monster to take a little girl from a suburban street and then (I'm sick writing this) dump her little body back in a suburban street, in daylight, when there are people around. It's just sick. :stormingmad:
Between Alanna, bless her, and poor Cherish, I don't think I'm letting my four year old out of my sight until she's twenty one.

It sounds like everyone knows everyone else in that neighbourhood so hopefully the ute/pickup sighting pans out. If it was a neighbour or closer to home then not much else may have been noticed. :(

I know it's hard to judge character from one little blurb, but I think it takes a special, patient 13 year old girl to befriend a 5 year old and do things she enjoys. When I was 13, I don't think I ever would have jumped on the trampoline or watched cartoons with a kindergartener, and I was not a bad kid. Kaylee sounds like a really sweet girl, and I'm so sad that she has to come to terms with the senseless, tragic death of her little friend Alanna.

Good thoughts to you, Kaylee. I know you made Alanna's life a little brighter, a little easier. The world needs more teenagers like you!

This case is really getting to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member