GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FW Star-Telegram ‏@startelegram 59m
RT @mingoramirezjr: Saginaw PD: Have received over 40 good tips on red truck seen near area where little girl's body found Monday.

Jeff Smith ‏@JeffSmithNBC5 26m
Saginaw PD confirm FBI took evidence. FBI won't say what. A receipt of what was removed from parents car is itemized. @NBCDFW

Marcus Moore ‏@MarcusMoorewfaa 24m
FBI search warrant return visible on front seat of car. Car registered to owner of saginaw home cops searched Tue. http://pic.twitter.com/f5YLbOs6gY

Marcus Moore ‏@MarcusMoorewfaa 15m
Return says "plastic bags, blue/gray tarp, electrical tape", other items seized.
http://twitter.com/MarcusMoorewfaa

The media got a picture of the search warrant that was in the front seat...No way....*goes to read*

"Saginaw police spokesman Officer Damon Ing said investigators were in a “holding pattern” as they awaited the official identification of the child, thought to be 5 or 6 years old, from the medical examiner."

Wouldn't the next of kin identify the deceased?

Yes. But I think they will also identify her with DNA just to cover all bases. Just like how they get a search warrant even though someone had given them permission to search the home, for example. Just to make everything official and to minimize the chance of the evidence not being admissible in court. MOO

"Saginaw police spokesman Officer Damon Ing said investigators were in a “holding pattern” as they awaited the official identification of the child, thought to be 5 or 6 years old, from the medical examiner."

I agree, even the purple underwear could be a way to ID her. I have a 3.5 year old daughter and I do her laundry, I can tell you she has a choice between Cinderella and Minnie Mouse, size 3T. I wonder if the underwear wasn't hers if they aren't relying on that to help ID.

I'm still unsure of the time-line of A) when this child disappeared B) When she was reported missing and C) when she was found on the street. How much time went by where she was with this mystery perp? He could be a neighbor of this child if the time between AB and C was short.

One would think so.

Yes. But I think they will also identify her with DNA just to cover all bases. Just like how they get a search warrant even though someone had given them permission to search the home, for example. Just to make everything official and to minimize the chance of the evidence not being admissible in court. MOO

Maybe it is standard when a child is murdered. I don't know. They wouldn't have the child's DNA on file so I guess you mean they would use her DNA to conclude that the child is that of the parents?

Maybe it is standard when a child is murdered. I don't know. They wouldn't have the child's DNA on file so I guess you mean they would use her DNA to conclude that the child is that of the parents?

Either through the familial DNA or from her toothbrush/hairbrush, etc.

This is all speculation, of course. Maybe Next of Kin is what the police meant but they didn't want to say that to the media.

FW Star-Telegram ‏@startelegram 59m
RT @mingoramirezjr: Saginaw PD: Have received over 40 good tips on red truck seen near area where little girl's body found Monday.

Jeff Smith ‏@JeffSmithNBC5 26m
Saginaw PD confirm FBI took evidence. FBI won't say what. A receipt of what was removed from parents car is itemized. @NBCDFW

Marcus Moore ‏@MarcusMoorewfaa 24m
FBI search warrant return visible on front seat of car. Car registered to owner of saginaw home cops searched Tue. http://pic.twitter.com/f5YLbOs6gY

Marcus Moore ‏@MarcusMoorewfaa 15m
Return says "plastic bags, blue/gray tarp, electrical tape", other items seized.

Tape, tarp, etc. seized from where?

The stories have changing details. I wonder if its the eyewitnesses or the media changing it? Also, I must say if my teenager happened to make a discovery like this- especially of a 5 year old nude & bound child- the media would be the last people we would be speaking with. LE and the FBI? Absolutely. But the media would be no where near my kid.

ETA: I say that because I do personally think that too many details have been given about how she was found (naked/or in purple underwear; hands & feet bound/or bound by a belt; bag on head/or entire body in a bag then wrapped in tarp). LE hasn't come out to Reassure the people that they are safe but they also haven't issued a statement that there is a killer on the loose, either. Obviously there is someone out there who knows what happened to Allana because she didn't do this to herself.. There could be someone who is seeing these teens on TV- possibly the driver of the red truck.. Who's to say they won't try to harm these teen witnesses? Too risky for me. No media!

I'm sure after experiencing something like that they're not really thinking straight. It's normal and healthy to keep talking about it. The media knows that, it's their bread and butter.

Am I allowed to post a pic of the car search warrant?

Marcus Moore ‏@MarcusMoorewfaa 2m
Saginaw police have released recording of 911 call made the night bag was w/ dead girl. Caller: There's a belt around it, tape.

Marcus Moore ‏@MarcusMoorewfaa 45s
911 call came in at 7:12pm, Mon. night. Caller: I don't know if it's real. It looks real. (Describing girls body)

I totally agree, I hope all this talking doesn't harm the case. The FBI should tell everyone to stop talking to the media. Do they have that power? If they do, they need to tell them to knock it off.

No, they don't have that power.

Marcus Moore ‏@MarcusMoorewfaa 2m
Saginaw police have released recording of 911 call made the night bag was w/ dead girl. Caller: There's a belt around it, tape.

Marcus Moore ‏@MarcusMoorewfaa 45s
911 call came in at 7:12pm, Mon. night. Caller: I don't know if it's real. It looks real. (Describing girls body)

Tape too? Makes sense but OMG. There's a photo of the tarp on the road on page #1 on this thread. It would be good to post it again.

Is there a link for the 911 call yet? I don't see it.

No, they don't have that power.

I didn't think so, hopefully they have nicely let them know that so much talking can potentially hurt the case. Although being careless with the search warrant and allowing a reporter to post a picture of it on Twitter is troubling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop