GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
~ respectfully snipped ~

Still catching up so I apologize if this has already been addressed.

If I read it correctly the arrest warrant seems to say that he came under suspicion when LE saw him watching the search of the G's home. He was then taken to the PD to be questioned and that's when he gave permission to have his cell phone checked. So apparently, they don't need mom's consent for anything.

Also, Regarding the fires. It's my opinion that if LE was watching TH and/or the neighborhood the night of the fires and he was the one who set them, I think they would have arrested him on the spot for arson. Then they would already have him in custody when the DNA results came in.

MOO
BBM

ITA. Good point! I don't think that was him. I think that was a sad attempt at vigilante justice, and I really hope this misguided person is caught.

~ respectfully snipped ~

Still catching up so I apologize if this has already been addressed.

If I read it correctly the arrest warrant seems to say that he came under suspicion when LE saw him watching the search of the G's home. He was then taken to the PD to be questioned and that's when he gave permission to have his cell phone checked. So apparently, they don't need mom's consent for anything.

Also, Regarding the fires. It's my opinion that if LE was watching TH and/or the neighborhood the night of the fires and he was the one who set them, I think they would have arrested him on the spot for arson. Then they would already have him in custody when the DNA results came in.

MOO

BBM

Hopefully this is a TX vs CO thing, but Austin Sigg's lawyers are right now trying to get his confession thrown out by claiming his Mom didn't sign the right form, or something, to allow him to be interrogated alone. AS was also 17.

from live Fox broadcast: Grandfather said TH is a monster. Another person said he hasn't gone to school since 7th grade and Fox confirmed through the Irving prep school that he had never been a student there.

video should be up shortly on:

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/

However, there have been people that knew him from Boswell HS, so don't know about this. Thought he went to BHS up until 10th grade.

When they said shot in the head, I never thought it could have been the face. I really was convinced for a while that there was no chance he would make it.

BBM

Hopefully this is a TX vs CO thing, but Austin Sigg's lawyers are right now trying to get his confession thrown out by claiming his Mom didn't sign the right form, or something, to allow him to be interrogated alone. AS was also 17.

THIS has been my biggest fear since this all started yesterday. When she said they won't give her any info, my mind first went to "I really, really hope they don't have to throw evidence out from that first visit and anything from today because of his mom not being there/approving questioning."

Either I can't remember or I haven't read it, but was his mother home when they came to take the voluntary DNA samples and such? I wonder how she felt about the cell phone photos and revelations revealed because of them. Mostly, I wonder if she signed proper forms.

THIS has been my biggest fear since this all started yesterday. When she said they won't give her any info, my mind first went to "I really, really hope they don't have to throw evidence out from that first visit and anything from today because of his mom not being there/approving questioning."

Either I can't remember or I haven't read it, but was his mother home when they came to take the voluntary DNA samples and such? I wonder how she felt about the cell phone photos and revelations revealed because of them. Mostly, I wonder if she signed proper forms.

The mom does NOT have to be there. He is 17, and in Texas, he is subject to the ADULT justice system. He can request an attorney, and of course they must honor that. He is an adult. If Th said the police could question him, they had the legal grounds to do it. Mom does not have to approve, be present, or sign off.

from live Fox broadcast: Grandfather said TH is a monster, said he hasn't gone to school since 7th grade and Fox confirmed through the Irving prep school that he had never been a student there.

video should be up shortly on:

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/

I wonder if this is is maternal or paternal grandfather. His poor mother must be beside herself with grief and shame. Finding out your son is a monster has to be earth shattering. smh

The mom does NOT have to be there. He is 17, and in Texas, he is subject to the ADULT justice system. He can request an attorney, and of course they must honor that. He is an adult. If Th said the police could question him, they had the legal grounds to do it. Mom does not have to approve, be present, or sign off.

I kept reading that on here but wasn't sure if that was across the board, every 17 year old is considered an adult in all aspects of the law.

My personal theory is that TH had one, possibly two buddies over that tragic day, and their car(s) parked in his driveway (lingered for quite sometime in the neighborhood). I believe at least one friend was a participant in the crime, and then both TH and buddy took Alanna in the buddy's car to the place where she was dumped. Th either was left off on his corner and walked back, or was dropped off at home.
Jmo.

If there was another perp (or if someone was coerced/willing to dump the body for him), TH didn't need to go along for the ride to dump the body, though of course he might have. LE must know, based on the surveillance tapes (whether the car returned again).

I am surprised that it would take LE much time to identify the owner of any dark sedan that had a close connection to TH. It's not like he's Mr. Popular.

Seems like they found quite a lot of incriminating stuff just in his trash, from what I've read. Matching tape, etc.

That actually came from what Alanna was in but police went to his home before it was analyzed. They did not have probable cause yet.

i have to admit i was surprised the suspect volunteered his dna, idk if it means he hadn't done it b4 or if it means he got away w/ it b4 - i am having such a hard time understanding what must have been going on in that house, or what was going on w/ his mother - i just can't wrap my brain around it :(

Lots of perps volunteer their DNA because they don't want to seem suspicious.

Thank you, but that's not what I meant. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. Let me try again.

We know his DNA was not on file before that volunteer sample he gave. If it had been, LE would have gotten a match from the samples from Alanna. They didn't.

So, if he does have a juvenile record, it would have to be for crimes which did not result in his DNA getting collected and put in the database.

So, my question was: what kinds of crimes do result in DNA on file, and what kind do not.

Thanks.

Well actually, we don't know that for sure. LE collected DNA samples from several people early on and they may not have known right away if he had any on file.

If there was another perp (or if someone was coerced/willing to dump the body for him), TH didn't need to go along for the ride to dump the body, though of course he might have. LE must know, based on the surveillance tapes (whether the car returned again).

I am surprised that it would take LE much time to identify the owner of any dark sedan that had a close connection to TH. It's not like he's Mr. Popular.

Maybe they are waiting and keeping it close to their vests regarding a second suspect. They may wait to try and get TH to talk when and if he is able, to implicate any possible accomplice. Or they may need to compile more evidence. They certainly waited until they had an iron clad case to make an arrest on TH.

Saginaw suspect’s grandparents recall a different boy

A ‘wild child’

Kimberly Holder had gotten pregnant with her son while attending Boyd High School, her father said.

Tyler Holder seemed to have little if any relationship with his father, identified in court documents as Glenn Geisen.

In fact, Geisen told Tarrant County District Clerk officials in a 2009 letter that he was not even aware he had a child in Texas until being served two weeks earlier with a citation indicating that child support was being sought.

Geisen, who lives in Montana, asked for officials’ help in making sure Tyler was his son.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/07/24/5026216/saginaw-suspects-grandparents.html#storylink=cpy

This sounds really 'complicated' JMO

I wonder if this is is maternal or paternal grandfather. His poor mother must be beside herself with grief and shame. Finding out your son is a monster has to be earth shattering. smh

He wouldn't allow Fox to give his name or show his face, so don't know...Grandmother wouldn't talk at all.

GF said he has been astranged from the family but not by his choice. Hmmmmm

GF also said he hadn't seen TH since he was 5 yrs old (so how would he know if he was a monster?).
GF said TH's mother gave birth to him in high school and has raised him always as a single mother.

Smith said he was concerned that police described the murder as a isolated incident, yet the accused killer “was still living in the neighborhood.”

Lauren Allen, 15, had briefly attended elementary school with Holder and lives a street away from the teen. She said Holder often rode a motorized bicycle through the neighborhood but that she avoided crossing his path.

“I have always been afraid of him because he’s scary,” Allen said. “I’ll avoid him if he’s around the neighborhood. I’ll go the other way if I see him.”

Is it possible he used the motorized bicycle?

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/07/24/5026216/saginaw-suspects-grandparents.html#storylink=cpy

I think it was because his stories about what he was doing that day kept changing (went fishing all day, then slept 'til 2 and went looking for jobs, etc). I think they didn't want anything out there, including confirmed last sighting that we all remember but disappeared, so that he wouldn't have info to build an alibi from......

I am confused. The perp knows the timeline that she went missing because he is the one that made her be missing.

The public did not know the timeline. LE knew it was him, so I guess they did not feel the public needed any info.

Things are different nowadays because the info no longer is in a community. It is here on the web where people all over the world give their opinions.

In the long run, what we think or contribute matters not. I guess some of us get pleasure out of guessing who it is. But we have so little info that it is kind of a long stretch

Hm. If TH set the fire(s), and LE knows he set the fires, is there any reason they wouldn't have made that information public yet or rolled it up in his arrest warrant?

Since it has not been made public, maybe they didn't have surveillance, and maybe they are still having to work the fires as their own crime.

Different divisions? Homicide division, arson division? Idk just thinking out loud.

He wouldn't allow Fox to give his name or show his face, so don't know...Grandmother wouldn't talk at all.

GF said he has been astranged from the family but not by his choice. Hmmmmm

GF also said he hadn't seen TH since he was 5 yrs old (so how would he know if he was a monster?).
GF said TH's mother gave birth to him in high school and has raised him always as a single mother.

Right. And how would he know about his school status? Not feeling a lot of credibility here.

‘Not a little baby anymore’

Neighbors said Holder’s mom, Kimberly Holder, worked hard to provide for her son, but as such, was frequently forced to leave the teen unsupervised at home.

“His mom works. She works long hours and he’s not supervised as well as he should be but mom’s a single mom,” one neighbor said.

Gina Holder said she and her husband are in shock over how the little boy they know could grow into the alleged “monster” described in court documents.

“I keep saying grandbaby,” said Gina Holder. “Seeing him on TV, compared to the last time we saw him, he’s a grown man now. He’s not a little baby anymore.”

Jeff Holder began crying as he said he wants to somehow make amends to those hurt by this tragedy.

I hope all these people telling the media "oh yeah, he was totally a monster" were telling this to LE privately before Tuesday.

I mean, he lived two houses down. Not the time to keep quiet and hope for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand