GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I only hope that this arrest has somehow eased Alanna's family's hearts a tiny bit. The not knowing "who" must have been like salt on a very painful wound.

That said, (and maybe I shouldn't say this?) when I drove through the neighborhood last week I felt a sense of, well, "community" at least when I saw how many purple ribbons were (still) up there. For a relative outsider, it made me feel some level of comfort.

Although, I have had some thoughts in the last couple days......LDh, you can respond or not (I totally get it and won't be offended if you don't)......

Now that KH "can" come back to the house, has she?

I can't imagine how tense that community must be with these two families separated by only one house....especially since I observed how narrow the lots are and how close the homes really are to each other. Not that wide lots change how many doors down one is, but the relative proximity of one porch to the next was striking to me and I can't imagine helps the (assumed) tension in the area.

Sorry to bring that up, but it's something I've been thinking about since I drove by......

Something keeps bugging me. If the gpa had not seen nor had any contact with TH or his mom since TH was 6, why would he have wondered if his grandson had involvement in this case? Thats really bugging me.

I guess we still don't know if he had an accomplice then... :waitasec:

You can't keep secrets from me especially about anything purple!

That gun would perfectly match my purple hair. :blushing:

However.... I feel like guns like I do about sailing. I'd rather be snowmobiling! :snooty:
I will let my Dad know that if I'm ever to go shooting with him... I will require that gun.
With my luck... he will go get it. :facepalm:

Believe me, it took me quite a bit to reach this point, namely living in a town with high crime / gang violence, a SO who travels for work every other week, two cats who would at best yawn at an intruder, and way too much reading of websleuths (freaking myself out while alone, reading about serial killers). It's not a decision I took lightly and I still feel weird even talking about it (plus afraid of sparking a debate).

(The purple helped.)

I live very near Alanna's house and I just heard two gunshots. I hate that I immediately have to wonder and pray and hope her family is ok. Listening to the scanner to hear what happened. I hope it's unrelated.

I live very near Alanna's house and I just heard two gunshots. I hate that I immediately have to wonder and pray and hope her family is ok. Listening to the scanner to hear what happened. I hope it's unrelated.

(Thanks, let us know! Like just NOW now? Request a rewind if you need one.)

How do you shrink your pic that you use for your avatar?
I used a free app...and it makes the pic unclear.

I use PhotoShop, K.jill.

If you don't have that, you may have another photo-editing program that would work. Windows Paint might work, not sure.

(I updated the scanner feed, a call did come in, but I can't transcribe right now.)

SBM

I really think the paternity papers were either where the mom filed for child support on TH dad and they had to verify he was actually the father, or it's something he stole. What reason for stealing that? Heck I don't know. I can't ever figure out a reason for stealing. Period.

My thinking is it might be her gun that was kept unlocked in her house and she fears having some kind of charges, criminal or civil filed against her.
I feel for his mom and everyone that loves and cares for him just like I do AG and her family and all of those that care for her. If TH mom was in denial about her child then I understand. I know that love is sometimes blind. I would think that would be especially blinding if it were your child.

This is just bad for everyone. Most of my heart though goes out to AG and her family, friends and those that love her. She and they are truly the innocent bystanders in all of this.

ETA: I can't imagine being in either of these two families and being able to function again, but especially if I raised such a monster. Especially if I were TH mom. I don't know if I could ever hold my head up again.
MOO

Respectfully BBM

As I've already stated here, I'm a CHL.

Whether you choose to pursue CHL or not, if you choose to have a firearm in your home and ESPECIALLY if you have children in that home, it is the owner's responsibility to secure them.

If you can afford to own a gun, you can afford a couple hundred extra bucks for a safe that only you have the combo to, only opens with your finger scan, etc.....

I'll reserve further comment until more facts come out, but IF it was her gun the LEO was shot with, she should have an attorney.

MOO

Something keeps bugging me. If the gpa had not seen nor had any contact with TH or his mom since TH was 6, why would he have wondered if his grandson had involvement in this case? Thats really bugging me.

EXCELLENT question!

1. did he know where he lived (w/o having contact for a decade before)?

2. what previous circumstances known to someone out of the picture for the last 10'ish years would make them immediately suspect their own grandchild?

Thanks, I have small hands...okay, and I like purple. Obviously I was their target sales demographic.

I have freakishly small hands!

I'm thrilled with the iPhone 5 ....finally someone made a phone narrow enough that I can hold it comfortably!

Think I need that gun, does it come in pink? ;)

Maybe it's another grandpa?

I have no opinion one way or the other about owning a gun. I think that if you feel it is the right choice for you, then you should have one. I, personally, do not have one. I have considered getting one for years, but I just think that if I have it locked up, with ammo locked up elsewhere (which is the safest way to store it in your house from what I understand) that it would do me absolutely no good in an emergency. How could I possibly get to a gun, then go to another location and get ammo, and then load a gun fast enough to do any good if someone was breaking in? Having a small child, the risk of something bad happening just seems to outweigh the possible benefits of having one. But I live in a relatively low-crime area. I might have to reweigh those odds if I lived somewhere more dangerous.

Respectfully BBM

As I've already stated here, I'm a CHL.

Whether you choose to pursue CHL or not, if you choose to have a firearm in your home and ESPECIALLY if you have children in that home, it is the owner's responsibility to secure them.

If you can afford to own a gun, you can afford a couple hundred extra bucks for a safe that only you have the combo to, only opens with your finger scan, etc.....

I'll reserve further comment until more facts come out, but IF it was her gun the LEO was shot with, she should have an attorney.

MOO

Agree, nothing wrong with having an attorney.

I am guessing Grandpa followed TH on FB and/or knew of other juvenile offenses he committed. What's going on with the gunfire? :( Crap, I may have to start taking Bailey Boswell and steering far, far clear of that street.

I have no opinion one way or the other about owning a gun. I think that if you feel it is the right choice for you, then you should have one. I, personally, do not have one. I have considered getting one for years, but I just think that if I have it locked up, with ammo locked up elsewhere (which is the safest way to store it in your house from what I understand) that it would do me absolutely no good in an emergency. How could I possibly get to a gun, then go to another location and get ammo, and then load a gun fast enough to do any good if someone was breaking in? Having a small child, the risk of something bad happening just seems to outweigh the possible benefits of having one. But I live in a relatively low-crime area. I might have to reweigh those odds if I lived somewhere more dangerous.

I owned a handgun until my son walked. Then I gave it to my dad. I saw no point in having a gun & locking it up.

I bought two Dobermans and a alarm system:)

I am guessing Grandpa followed TH on FB and/or knew of other juvenile offenses he committed. What's going on with the gunfire? :( Crap, I may have to start taking Bailey Boswell and steering far, far clear of that street.

Didn't it turn out to be fireworks last night? Hoping they had a few leftovers and set them off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarlaJCarl