GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yikes, I missed a lot over the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

(I am starting to get kind of freaked out about social media too, BL. Facebook gets so ugly so fast. Remember when people on FB were swearing the Gallaghers were in custody? And then our favorite blogger picked it up? Never mind all the suicides by cyber bullying, mistaken identity, etc.)

(O/t, after the conversation about head injuries yesterday, I managed to give myself a nice bump on the forehead at the gym today, smacked into the edge of a barbell that was up high on a rack (I'm short, ok) and just outside of my peripheral vision, as I was standing up from putting away a weight plate. Fortunately I don't think anyone saw.)

(O/t, after the conversation about head injuries yesterday, I managed to give myself a nice bump on the forehead at the gym today, smacked into the edge of a barbell that was up high on a rack (I'm short, ok) and just outside of my peripheral vision, as I was standing up from putting away a weight plate. Fortunately I don't think anyone saw.)

But it might be on surveillance cameras... :camera:

:D

Adding that to my list

Reasons Not to Workout

Linda haaaaaaaaaaaa!! That needed more than a thanks. You have lots of chutzpah. I love it

I have a question, In the SW for the house that also included any vehicles including but not limited to a 2012 Kia Soul.
Then there was a separate SW to search the Kia, that it may contain evidence of capital murder.
In the arrest warrant it listed the Dodge magnum as Tylers Vehicle.
Why would there be a separate SW for the Kia and not for the Dodge, if the Dodge were Tyler's vehicle? It also did not seem to be anything taken from the Dodge. Wasn't the Kia the moms car?

This is a good question.

I'd say "LE knows the Magnum didn't leave the house that day," but that would imply they don't also know the same thing about the Kia?

Wouldnt LE know if the mom drove to work that day, surely they have checked her whereabouts that day. Liked checked her work place.

This is a good question.

I'd say "LE knows the Magnum didn't leave the house that day," but that would imply they don't also know the same thing about the Kia?

Mom worked that day or not...? Do we know for sure? Because, of course, if so, she likely drove to work.

This is a good question.

Somehow I doubt that they couldn't confirm the Kia via the same surveillance cameras. They were basically on either side of the house and would have picked it up, yeah?

Kind of O/T but I was curious if it's really common to have surveillance cameras outside of your home nowadays? I'd never even thought of it and now I kind of want to do it.

Somehow I doubt that they couldn't confirm the Kia via the same surveillance cameras. They were basically on either side of the house and would have picked it up, yeah?

Kind of O/T but I was curious if it's really common to have surveillance cameras outside of your home nowadays? I'd never even thought of it and now I kind of want to do it.

bbm:
I never much thought about it either, until spending more time at Websleuths. Seems it's fairly common! I never realized how many cameras there are in this old world, until following cases here. Apparently, a lot of perps aren't aware, either, or they forget.

Respectfully BBM

Not sure if I typed it wrong (quite possible w/ the multi-tasking), but as a CHL you can ONLY draw and/or fire AFTER perp has pulled theirs.

So, a couple of examples:

1. Like Dr. Gratia....I'm in Luby's and madman is firing indiscriminately on anything that breathes: I can and am now (as CHL holder) legally obligated to.

2. Somebody uses a gun to mug me in the parking garage at the mall: I can, IF s/he has already presented their gun......but just from a common sense perspective I'm already at a disadvantage: what good would going for my weapon do? IMO (and that of my instructor), only more harm - I'd for sure be shot because of their advantage once they got a clue what I was going for.

Be back later......

I'm not going to give away too much information here but I have this to say:

1). Never point a gun unless you intend to use it.

2). If someone pulls a gun on me I'm going to shoot them.

3). NEVER WAIT TO SEE WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN if someone pulls a gun on you.

4). The criminal pulling the gun on you DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THE CONCEALED WEAPONS FINE PRINT.

And lastly...

1). Never point a gun unless you intend to use it.

~ This is based on real life experience. This is based on a lifetime of real life experience. This is based on a family dealing with a lifetime of this and also making a living at it.

I did not watch the video.

The reason the instructor told you not to pull your gun when you are mugged is because statistically most people who carry a gun don't have the experience in that situation to use it effectively and the mugger will likely just shoot you or take your gun away and shoot you with your own gun. In a mugging the police have taken the stance that you are better off just handing over the money. "Your life is not worth fighting over $50". I disagree because you see the mugger DOES NOT CARE.

If you carry a gun go down to the shooting range 5 times a week for the next YEAR and practice, practice, practice. Go through the scenarios in your head, "This is what I would do in this situation." And know that gun so well that you can take it apart and put it back together again in the dark.

SHOOT IT without your ear protection on. So you understand what is happening and you aren't SHOCKED by the bang. ANTICIPATE.

But more importantly, MORE IMPORTANT than any of the shooting and the practicing is do NOT put yourself in a position to where you have to actually use the weapon.

Be aware of your surroundings. Don't think.."Oh I'm going to walk downtown at 1AM because I have a gun, I'm safe."

Prevention is the key to personal safety.

And if you think going to the shooting range 5 times a week for the next year to practice is excessive then you have NO BUSINESS owning or carrying a firearm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx