GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That said, (and maybe I shouldn't say this?) when I drove through the neighborhood last week I felt a sense of, well, "community" at least when I saw how many purple ribbons were (still) up there. For a relative outsider, it made me feel some level of comfort.

Although, I have had some thoughts in the last couple days......LDh, you can respond or not (I totally get it and won't be offended if you don't)......

Now that KH "can" come back to the house, has she?

I can't imagine how tense that community must be with these two families separated by only one house....especially since I observed how narrow the lots are and how close the homes really are to each other. Not that wide lots change how many doors down one is, but the relative proximity of one porch to the next was striking to me and I can't imagine helps the (assumed) tension in the area.

Sorry to bring that up, but it's something I've been thinking about since I drove by......

I actually don't know.

I have no opinion one way or the other about owning a gun. I think that if you feel it is the right choice for you, then you should have one. I, personally, do not have one. I have considered getting one for years, but I just think that if I have it locked up, with ammo locked up elsewhere (which is the safest way to store it in your house from what I understand) that it would do me absolutely no good in an emergency. How could I possibly get to a gun, then go to another location and get ammo, and then load a gun fast enough to do any good if someone was breaking in? Having a small child, the risk of something bad happening just seems to outweigh the possible benefits of having one. But I live in a relatively low-crime area. I might have to reweigh those odds if I lived somewhere more dangerous.

Probably a discussion for another thread (or forum?)....but you are correct: an unloaded gun does one absolutely no good. And you do have to be sure your child could NEVER access it.

Therefore,

Ours are loaded w/ one in the chamber (and extra loaded clip that would surely never need to be used), but only open for mine or hub's fingerscan.

For example:
http://www.barska.com/Products-Biometric_Safe.html

All this said, I never intended for this to become a gun ownership/safety convo (although I believe it's worth having and definitely see both sides - as I've said before, I don't "LOVE" guns....I just know that the criminals will have them because by definition they don't obey the law).

But if KH wasn't horribly concerned about defending the public at large and felt she needed one for "self-defense" (again, I've said why I feel this is misguided but may CHL's do)......WHY?

I feel very sorry for TH mother also. Can you just imagine finding out your son has been shot in the face and is the prime suspect in a capital murder case regarding the little girl living 2 doors down? I would be beside myself times a million!
My question is......why does she have an attorney?

Why indeed??

How do you like my new outfit??? Does a pirouette

My husband groans when I drive the mini van. Couldn't convince him to buy me a gun, never mind pink, not even if it was solid gold. Lol

My husband groans when I drive the mini van. Couldn't convince him to buy me a gun, never mind pink, not even if it was solid gold. Lol

Maybe you just get one... Then you make all the rules;)

I am praying he gave her drugs and plenty of them. I think he would find it amusing to have a little kid do drugs and see the reaction.

Hopefully, she was too out of it to have a clue of what was going on.

Most of us on WS have followed more than a few evil crimes against children. But I fear Alanna may have suffered something we've not dealt with before. I prayed a fervent prayer that A was unconscious when things happened to her.

I hope TH suffers every day of his life. I also hope he isn't given reconstructive surgery. He raped and killed, he tried to kill a LEO....maybe he can ba fed with a garden hose shoved in the hole in his face.

Imoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkdj
I feel very sorry for TH mother also. Can you just imagine finding out your son has been shot in the face and is the prime suspect in a capital murder case regarding the little girl living 2 doors down? I would be beside myself times a million!
My question is......why does she have an attorney?

I really have no sympathy for any one but the Gallagher family. You can't expect anything good to happen having a pot smoking unemployed teenager with a house full of guns!!! Alanna was trusted to go next door to play and come home because she had proven and earned that trust. I'd bet my last dollar TH had never earned a speck of trust from anyone. If there is an accomplice they would have to be as stupid as he is cause I can't think of any reason why somebody would help this guy.... Well I have one idea who but I can't mention it :)

I'm so curious to see photos of the inside of that house,

Remember before Holder was arrested, we speculated that a serial killer might be responsible for similar murders in the area over a period of 20 years, and we even noticed that they happened near holidays? And the girls looked alike. And it turned out that it was actually the 17-year-old neighbor?

So now there's discussion about whether Alanna's murder was filmed, part of child *advertiser censored*, if a group was involved, etc. So what I am basically getting at is...Most of the time, the most "simple" theory is true. Of course a child being raped and suffocated is horrifying, but I think (and hope) that there aren't more disgusting "factors" about Alanna's murder.

I'm so curious to see photos of the inside of that house,
Been thinking the same thing.
I know we can't sleuth the family but my gosh I have a lot of questions I wish someone would hurry up and answer.

MOO

I am thinking that he still is a dependent of the mother. The Affordable Care Act allows dependents to remain on their parent's health insurance until age 24 is it?

So, if his mother has family coverage, her insurance will have to pay. She will have deductibles and co pays to cover. The Affordable Care Act also made it so there are no limits, so her insurance cannot deny coverage if it goes beyond a certain dollar amount .

But, I imagine she could drop family coverage, if she has it , when he turns 18 because then he would be a legal adult and no longer would she be responsible for his bills.

Iirc our daughter is covered by our ins. until she is 26.

If this was a call that came in last note or about. 2 am LDH had me transcribe it. It is in scanner thread for last nite.

No, more were reported tonight (Sunday) about 9:15 ish local. Scanner thread. Not sure anything came of it.

I think if I was in KH's shoes I might want an attorney simply for advice on how to handle the situation and to better understand my rights. I know I would be a basket case and would have no idea what to do or have any understanding of the legal process in a such a horrific crime. What a nightmare!

(This was the first time I actually tried to understand how she may be feeling.)

My heart has always been with Alanna's parents. They seem like wonderful people that I would admire. People that were able to find true happiness with each other. This just isn't fair that anyone would have to ever experience anything like this. From the first day I felt the need to protect them from further harm from the things that were being said and still are in SM. They are very intelligent though and it appears they have a strong support system with each other and some wonderful friends. I think they will be able to rise above what others say.

I only brought this up because I have seen a family that experienced something similar with the loss of a child and the negativity towards them from the community is still haunting them 25 years later. This was all well before SM came into play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx