GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From The Texas Juvenile Justice Department website:

§ 58.211. RESCINDING RESTRICTED ACCESS.
(a) If the department has notified a juvenile probation department that a record has been placed on restricted access and the department later receives information in the department's criminal history system that the subject of the records has been convicted of or placed on deferred adjudication for a felony or a misdemeanor punishable by confinement in jail for an offense committed after the person reached the age of 17, the person's juvenile records are no longer subject to restricted access. The department shall notify the appropriate local juvenile probation departments in the manner described by Section 58.203 that the person's records are no longer subject to restricted access.

http://www.tjjd.texas.gov/programs/famcode_records.aspx

Does this mean that sleuthers can find a juvie record for TH if he has one?

I don't live inn Texas, but out in the country where I live. We have all kinds od rules. Property has to be legal in order to have another functional home on it. We also have acreage requiirements and also road frontage and setbacks from wells , other property and septic systems. Homes have to have sewage ( in our case septic system at minimum $20,000 and up). Our septic requiirements are based on how many bedrooms you have.

Water comes from a well and there is no way we could hook up another house to our well. Here, generally to drill a well is about $15,000.

I was wondering because rules are so different in other parts of the country. It sounds like it is a lot easier to have a trailer on your property in Texas, so the parents may not have had to put out that much cash and labor to do it. And the trailer could have been close to the home whereas whereas where I live, that could not be possible. It is simply not allowed. The parents could have had a lot of interaction, then, with their grandchild.

Also, where I live, you cannot haul in any old trailer. They have to meet code because so many trailers used to burn down and kill the people inside in minutes.

Texas is really known for leaving people alone on their own land. If they are violating EPA rules and get turned in, bad things happen, but you are right, things are much different here. I could take pictures of things out in the country in the general area that would make you cringe. "Rural Poor" fits parts of the area even though it isn't far from the city. It isn't unusual to see very expensive new houses within spitting distance of a property with terrible mobile homes (not that there aren't nice mobile homes, because there are).

I was told that an easy septic install here would be far less than what you suggested they cost in your area - I want to say around $3,000. A lot of people around here know someone who can drive a back hoe, so they could get the hole dug for less. Maybe get the rock hauled for less, too. A friend of mine mentioned that they bought the biggest cement tank available as the biggest tank cost only a couple hundred more than a smaller one, and would have to be pumped far less often and would have room for additional bathrooms to be connected to it. The tank sales people were the ones that suggested it. I think her tank cost about $1,000.

I don't know enough about that area to know what a well would cost to have drilled. I am closer to a lake and was quoted $3,000 for a well. I looked at one just for watering purposes. Like I said, it would be unusual in this part of Texas to depend on a well for water service. We have too much drought in this area so if people can avoid depending on a well, they do avoid it.

As to my friend that applied for food stamps - all that stuff is tied up in court. Likely to be for years. I don't know if the state is taking that food stamp money from him, but since she was worried to death that he would know she was getting help, I doubt that she would have filed if they were taking that money from him. It is an ugly situation. I did a quick look and I am thinking that maybe the food stamp application is not as stringent. If one applies for cash benefits then things seem to be much different.

Just wanted to reiterate that the archery competition mentioned where a Tyler Holder won 1st place, it was NOT this Tyler Holder. I found the one who won the competition via social media. Different Tyler. Same state, different kid.

(a) If the department has notified a juvenile probation department that a record has been placed on restricted access and the department later receives information in the department's criminal history system that the subject of the records has been convicted of or placed on deferred adjudication for a felony or a misdemeanor punishable by confinement in jail for an offense committed after the person reached the age of 17, the person's juvenile records are no longer subject to restricted access. The department shall notify the appropriate local juvenile probation departments in the manner described by Section 58.203 that the person's records are no longer subject to restricted access.

That's what it sounds like.

bbm

Maybe I'm an odd duck, but I'd have no problem with a house where a crime was committed. I don't believe in energy, ghosts, and all that stuff. Some people just don't think what happens in there before, has any effect on them. If I got a great deal on a house no one else would buy...I'd take it. The only reason I wouldn't, is because of lookey loos. I would hate weirdos showing up wanting to scope out the house. (I've seen that reported on high profile crime houses.)

Yeah, I would get annoyed with people driving by, taking pictures of it, walking on my property, etc. However, I think there are very few murder houses that still have looky-loos on a regular basis (instead of like a few times a year) after a year or so.

Was she thrilled to own it?

I do think there are some folks that like the idea that they are living in a house where a famous murder took place.

Having seen some of the murder photos I just couldn't imagine.

IIRC She had that whole section of the house remodeled, as well as many other things replaced (like the dishwasher). She said it's her home and very comfortable. Apparently she didn't know the "history" of the house until after she bought it. MOO

You know I've lived my whole life (42 years) in the most haunted city in europe, I've never seen a ghost. The house I grew up in, the people who owned it before my parents died in my bedroom (gassed) and my brother used to tease me (it was his bedroom before mine) the ghost of their dog would bounce on the bed at night. I thought it was cool, but never felt it. I'm pretty skeptical, I would love to believe in ghosts and things that go bump in the night but I just can't. I think human imagination is such a powerful tool that is all anything ever is. I still wouldn't like to live in a house that someone was murdered in though, just because that is damn creepy and my imagination is wild :p

bbm

Where do I start?

https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/D...riminalHistory/Index.aspx?CreateNewUser=False

This ^^^ link requires that I sign up and that I live in Texas!

Anyone have an idea where to search juvenile records in Texas?

bbm

I think the accomplice was only helping wrap and dispose of Alanna, too, probably brought in after the murder. The "after" is so much tidier than the "before"--seems to indicate separate and opposite personalities.

Sorry for that mental picture and so, so sorry, darling little girl. :rose:

Makes you wonder if that's why Alanna's underwear were put back on?

That fact totally goes against the grain.

Jmo

This has been a problem that is being looked at where I live. The civil commitment of these offenders is really expensive and it is felt that at some point it will be waaaaay to expensive to continue, so they want to release some of these monsters with monitoring and bracelets. So far, no go, but I am very scared because these monsters have lawyers working on it.

There has been discussion that you don't want to make it so they can't have a lesser penalty if they keep the child alive.

It is felt that if the penalty is too severe, the monsters will kill the child. Nothing to lose.

They say that they kill the children not because they enjoy the killing, but it is to leave no witness.

I really feel a one time offense and you are locked up forever and ever.

Then there is no worry about escalation. I posted an article earlier that talks about how the average molester molests 400-800 times.

Whether they can be rehabbed or not does not enter into to it for me. They are done, as far as I a concerned. They have destroyed another's life who will need years of therapy, probably.

If you choose to drink and drive and hit a tree and become a paraplegic, there is no do over. If you rape someone, there is no do over.

RBBM
I wonder how hard those lawyers would work to have these monsters released if they had to live next door to them or be responsible for their behavior? MOO

ITA

Look at the guy that killed Cherish Perrywinkle. Donald Smith was out of prison for what....2-3 weeks before he hunted down Cherish and killed her. He has a history of targeting children that goes back 30 years. He should never have been released.

Sex offender David Renz managed to cut his GPS anklet off and then reattached it...it didn't set off any bells and whistles. He then scampered off to the local mall where he attacked a mother and her daughter. Raped the girl....stabbed the mother to death.

IMO if you need to be followed by GPS....you shouldn't be out on the streets at all. If you like going after little kids....I think instant death would be most appropriate. Just drag them out back and make them dig their own grave. We have problems with over crowding in prisons.....well, take out the sex offenders, that will free up some space.

I agree, there's no rehabilitation for these types of sex offenders, and it would help with overcrowding if they're executed as soon as the guilty verdict and sentence are announced. I personally think lethal injection is too kind for these individuals, as states still have things like the electric chair available for use in executions.

Not sure if I could live in a house with a brutal murder occurred.
In fact I know I could not.
I am so sorry about your classmate. I do think I know the case you are talking about too.

Danielle, her sister Renee, and a teenage boarder were murdered the summer between jr. high and high school. It was the first triple murder ever in Arlington, TX. It was also a very early case that used DNA in the trial. I think the experience changed me forever. It was similar to this case: a neighbor who was acquainted, Danielle was raped, single mom's out working all day in the summer time. There are differences, but Alanna's case keeps reminding me. There's a very long, but detailed and interesting article about the case and the investigation in D magazine. Technology vs. Trimboli (click to link). There was also an episode of a TV crime show called Unusual Suspects episode that covered the case. It's available free if you have Amazon Prime. The episode is Amazon.com: Unusual Suspects: Season 3, Episode 3 "Murder on Miguel Lane": Amazon Instant [email]Video@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com[/email]/images/I/41UbZ2FGByL.@@AMEPARAM@@41UbZ2FGByL .

Here is a link to someone's blog (click to link) that hits the highlights, and links to the other two links, plus some PDF files of scans of newspaper articles.

I still have dozens of newspaper clippings from when it happened. John Trimboli wasn't convicted until I was in college. I remember going to the university library and looking up all the old original news stories on microfilm during the trial.

It was an absolutely horrible thing the have happen at 14 years old. I'm certain it's why I'm a Websleuther.

Also, several years later, my piano teacher was murdered by some young people she had befriended, they robbed her, killed her, dumped her in her own swimming pool, took her jeep and went on a shopping spree with her credit cards.

bbm

You shouldn't be able to see them unless you worked for an agency that gave you access to those records, sealed or not. Per my understanding of juvenile law, what the TJJD (Texas Juvenile Justice Department) code means is that those "sealed" records can now be "opened" for judicial purposes in regards to the person that committed a crime in an adult court, or for background checks.
For example if I was arrested at age 14 for drug possession and completed my probation or residential lockup time, and then had my record sealed, when I'm pulled over at age 24 and they run my name they aren't going to see that I was arrested at age 14 for drugs. However, if those records are now "opened" because I committed a felony later on, or I never had my records sealed, they may pull up when my info is run.

I could be wrong, the internet seems to have everything, but it is my understanding that a juvenile's criminal history can not be made public unless they are tried as an adult, or make that history public themselves.

Danielle, her sister Renee, and a teenage boarder were murdered the summer between jr. high and high school. It was the first triple murder ever in Arlington, TX. It was also a very early case that used DNA in the trial. I think the experience changed me forever. It was similar to this case: a neighbor who was acquainted, Danielle was raped, single mom's out working all day in the summer time. There are differences, but Alanna's case keeps reminding me. There's a very long, but detailed and interesting article about the case and the investigation in D magazine. Technology vs. Trimboli (click to link). There was also an episode of a TV crime show called Unusual Suspects episode that covered the case. It's available free if you have Amazon Prime. The episode is Amazon.com: Unusual Suspects: Season 3, Episode 3 "Murder on Miguel Lane": Amazon Instant Video .

Here is a link to someone's blog (click to link) that hits the highlights, and links to the other two links, plus some PDF files of scans of newspaper articles.

I still have dozens of newspaper clippings from when it happened. John Trimboli wasn't convicted until I was in college. I remember going to the university library and looking up all the old original news stories on microfilm during the trial.

It was an absolutely horrible thing the have happen at 14 years old. I'm certain it's why I'm a Websleuther.

Also, several years later, my piano teacher was murdered by some young people she had befriended, they robbed her, killed her, dumped her in her own swimming pool, took her jeep and went on a shopping spree with her credit cards.

I recently caught that episode so was fresh in my mind. How horrible.
I am sorry you had to go through this. It does change people.

I have mentioned before that I have a relative who counseled the worst of the worst sex offenders, She quit a great paying job with great benefits because she could not do it one more minute.

They justify everything they do. They do not see ANYTHING wrong with raping a four year old. They are glib and charming, some of them.

The interesting thing she said which is different from research I have read is that most of them did not suffer sex abuse, It was horrendous emotional abuse. But then again, because they are such great liars, they may be lying about that because of some strange reason?

I have read that they escalate from peeping to raping. But that is rapists. Don't know about child offenders.

I cannot believe that TH did not molest others.

I agree, my mother-in-law is a psychologist at a prison and she got to interview Curtis Dean Anderson, he admitted to kidnapping and killing 7-year old Xiana Fairchild and was sentenced to 300 years in prison. According to her, he showed zero remorse....didn't care, she was nothing more than an object to him.

anderson00.jpg

I agree, my mother-in-law is a psychologist at a prison and she got to interview Curtis Dean Anderson, he admitted to kidnapping and killing 7-year old Xiana Fairchild and was sentenced to 300 years in prison. According to her, he showed zero remorse....didn't care, she was nothing more than an object to him.

anderson00.jpg

I am unsure how a psychologist can deal with psychopaths like him. :(

Makes you wonder if that's why Alanna's underwear were put back on?

That fact totally goes against the grain.

Jmo

Could argue for an accomplice who was brought in after the murder, felt pity/horror at what had been done and tried to mitigate the circumstance or give AG back some dignity by partially redressing her. People do strange things sometimes.

Thank you for that post. That MAY/OR NOT explain a conversation. I believe flowers would have done it, maybe dogs. It does not, however, explain the whys and wherefores of where this murder occurred (in the house/garage?), why it occurred, or how/when the body of this innocent child was dumped.

We are still dealing with a child's body lying in the street. We may have one or more perps. I cannot wrap my mind around guns and arrows in her death. She didn't die by GUNS or ARROWS. Sorry. She died by PLASTIC BAGS. I admit I may get a bit emotional about TRUTH.

My opinion only

I think a number of people have replied to you here, but I feel compelled to offer my :twocents: anyway. We were trying to find more information about Tyler Holder who has been arrested and charged with this crime. We were jumping off the stickers found on one of the vehicles in his home because we have little else to work with at the moment and the case has gone quiet. We were just speculating about how, if he'd been involved in archery competitions, and had been successful in them, that would suggest at one point in his life he was ambitious and focused, and disciplined. It could have been a swim team sticker and I think we'd have discussed it similarly. Additionally, knowing that a gun from his home was used to shoot Officer Lodatto while trying to serve the arrest warrant, that lead to the discussion about the sticker being a gun company logo. So, we weren't deviating from the truth. We were just discussing a different piece of the truth.

RBBM
I wonder how hard those lawyers would work to have these monsters released if they had to live next door to them or be responsible for their behavior? MOO

No kidding. Defense lawyers represent criminals, they don't want to associate with them.

Could argue for an accomplice who was brought in after the murder, felt pity/horror at what had been done and tried to mitigate the circumstance or give AG back some dignity by partially redressing her. People do strange things sometimes.

I'm thinking they never have been completely off, wouldn't have to be for what he's accused of :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop