GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a big problem for me. Don't men who like sex with men generally only like men? Only like boys?

Why did the perp choose a littl girl?

Not necessarily. Even discounting pedophiles and rapists and their sick motivations, there is such a thing as bisexuality. And aren't there, um, opportunistic predators who will just seize whomever is available?

That is a big problem for me. Don't men who like sex with men generally only like men? Only like boys?

IMO it's about dominance & control and acting out specific scenarios. Scenario #1 he's the victim recreating his abuse with men. powerless. Senario #2 he's his abuser, the one with all the power where he's the rapist.

I do wonder what the HELL happened to him when he was young. I'd bet my last dollar it was horrific.

I'm just gonna throw this out there and you peeps who know more about this stuff tell me if it's a possibility. IF He had been abused as a child.......could he have decided to end his life, but first do this as a final message or something to his abuser or family member that he felt let him down? KWIM?

Not necessarily. Even discounting pedophiles and rapists and their sick motivations, there is such a thing as bisexuality. And aren't there, um, opportunistic predators who will just seize whomever is available?

Exactly. Some pedophiles have "preferences". Some just prey on the weakest, the most available. Just because he had sex (or was a pay for play gay) with men, doesn't mean anything about what he would do when he felt like torturing and violating a child.

I would disagree. IMO he seems more of a sadistic murdering rapist and she was available.

There seems to have been no genuine attraction to children.

Except for the boys pants and boys and girls underwear found in the house. Perhaps he hadn't acted on it yet? Granted, there's a lot we don't know now that I'm (afraid) we are going to find out later (for example, all the computers, memory cards, etc)......but between what we know about what happened to Alanna & what was found in the home, it's not exactly a leap either.

And, if he wasn't a pedophile in the sense that he was "attracted" to children before, by legal definition he certainly is now.

Right. I 'm almost sure that almost all pedophiles are heterosexual males. But I could be wrong. Orientation as long as it's with ADULTS means nothing with regards to child molesters.

IMO pedophilia is the sexual orientation. They're not straight, gay or bi. Their real attraction is children, usually of a certain age and sex. They have a "type"

But sexual attraction to children is not like attraction between consenting adults (whatever preference). IMO you can't apply the same kind of understanding to both.

I think the apology letter to his mom could have been 10 pages long. He knew everything he did would come out. Take your pick, the list is long.

I have no idea who opportunistic predators seize. But bisexuality has NOJING to do with pedophiles. Imoo

No, it doesn't at all. Please don't get me wrong on that. I was merely saying that his having sex with men doesn't necessarily indicate a victim preference.

Except for the boys pants and boys and girls underwear found in the house. Perhaps he hadn't acted on it yet? Granted, there's a lot we don't know now that I'm (afraid) we are going to find out later (for example, all the computers, memory cards, etc)......but between what we know about what happened to Alanna & what was found in the home, it's not exactly a leap either.

And, if he wasn't a pedophile in the sense that he was "attracted" to children before, by legal definition he certainly is now.

At this point, I'm overcome with the hope Alanna was the only child victim. That hope is preventing me mentally from actively thinking what could be on those computers and drives, so for now, I'm not going to think about it. I already have more than enough horrible information floating around in my brain.

All that to say, you're probably right... I just can't go there yet.

Right but.....remember he supposedly liked sex with men ....

So why rape a little girl?

Homosexuals don't want sex with a child!

But he had girlfriends too. Maybe he just flat liked sex.

Ok... If we must label him and put him in a box... Lets put him in the "depraved child murderer" box and call it a day.

I think if someone is abused as a child (not saying he was or wasn't) they will often seek to recreate the same sort of scenerio. It makes no sense but it happens. A lot. Doesn't mean they like or prefer it.

I think if someone is abused as a child (not saying he was or wasn't) they will often seek to recreate the same sort of scenerio. It makes no sense but it happens. A lot. Doesn't mean they like or prefer it.

I completely agree with you.

Some child victims left untreated & unprotected begin to identify with their abuser. They yearn to be the one with the power.

We don't know that he "liked" sex with men. We don't know that he is homosexual. He has had girlfriends in the past too. Maybe none of it is about sexual attraction.

BUT PEDOPHILES want sex with a child. NOT an adult.

Exactly! That's why I was saying it's a dangerous thought for the community. I think it's really damaging to say, "oh he's homosexual, that means he likes boys." NO! A homosexual prefers MEN. Pedophiles prefer children.

That's exactly what I was saying, and why I think it's a really dangerous and unfair way of thinking.

We don't know that he "liked" sex with men. We don't know that he is homosexual. He has had girlfriends in the past too. Maybe none of it is about sexual attraction.

The brutal rape & murder of a child is not about sex. IMO

I may be wrong here, but I really didn't hear (read) anyone say that homosexuality or bisexuality has a connection to pedofilia. I DO hear folks saying that it doesn't, and I agree. I understand why it's important to point out that they aren't related and that one doesn't correlate or lead to the other. But I honestly don't think anyone is doing that. I don't think any of us are implying that homosexuality or bisexuality are related to pedofilia.

I think the whole conversation started because someone suggested that Tyler told police he'd had sex with men in an effort to throw them off the trail. In other words, he said it, in hopes that they would think to themselves, "oh! He has sex with men, ergo, he wouldn't like a little girl. Therefore, he can't be our guy."

I have no idea if that was his reason for telling them. What I do think, is that the person who suggested it, was only suggesting that, and nothing more. :cow: moo moo moo :cow:

I'm just gonna throw this out there and you peeps who know more about this stuff tell me if it's a possibility. IF He had been abused as a child.......could he have decided to end his life, but first do this as a final message or something to his abuser or family member that he felt let him down? KWIM?

Too bad he didn't just kill himself before he murdered that beautiful little girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harrymorgan