GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, but pointing out that he has had sexual relations with other men does not in my opinion equal unhealthy sexual relationships. That was my only point.
He's a sick SOB no doubt, but previous homosexual relationships have no bearing on this in my opinion.

Depends on who he was having those relationships with. Was he victimized as a young child? Then he is continuing with the victimiization without realizing that he is a victim.

I am not saying this as sympathy for him. But the concept of a child who was victimized and then continiues on with relaionships that degrade him. Very sad.

You're absolutely right imo. I haven't felt that anyone here is criticising homosexual relationships per se.

TH admitted to having sex with men in an interview with LE before his arrest (per the warrant) and there has been speculation that he made that up to give the impression that he wouldn't have raped a young girl because it's not his 'thing'. And there has been speculation that one of his partners may have been an accomplice if there was one. So I think that's partly why people are interested in this issue. (Sorry Alanna)

Not to mention:

* if there is a recurring theme with a particular "type" of sex?

* if he were, essentially, prostituting himself?

* if the above is true, then this is absolutely a high-risk behavior.....not the "norm" for most gay & lesbian folks I know

For me at least, the interest (if you want to call it that?) has less to do with sexual preference and more to do with potential recurring sexual themes, highly risky behaviors and exposure to individuals likewise willing to engage in such.......

If we weren't talking about a child murderer/rapist, sure I would say each to their own and wish them a merry time. But I think that it's perfectly legit to query the sexual habits of TH after what he did to Alanna. I feel pretty confident in assuming that he wasn't having healthy sexual relationships on the one hand and raping and killing a child on the other. Those are mutually exclusive imo.

As with any rape, this may have been more about power than sexual proclivity. And I think lots of child-rapists choose children because they are easy to control with little chance of rejection. Children are easier to fool, easier to control and easier to intimidate into keeping secrets. We don't know if murder was the initial intent. If someone feels bullied, they often turn on someone smaller. IF TH (big if here, since we do not know) was abused by someone older and more powerful, this could have just been his very sick way of kicking the dog, so to speak. I am reluctant to assign sexual intent to this crime, even though there was evidence of sexual assault. MOO

Psyche meds? mooo

I could agree with that, but there were none seized during the search warrant.

Maybe as someone said, too many munchies and no exercise

Not to mention:

* if there is a recurring theme with a particular "type" of sex?

* if he were, essentially, prostituting himself?

* if the above is true, then this is absolutely a high-risk behavior.....not the "norm" for most gay & lesbian folks I know

For me at least, the interest (if you want to call it that?) has less to do with sexual preference and more to do with potential recurring sexual themes, highly risky behaviors and exposure to individuals likewise willing to engage in such.......

I agree. There is a lot more we could go into. I was just trying to be careful not to lead us into territory that ends up breaking TOS.

As with any rape, this may have been more about power than sexual proclivity. And I think lots of child-rapists choose children because they are easy to control with little chance of rejection. Children are easier to fool, easier to control and easier to intimidate into keeping secrets. We don't know if murder was the initial intent. If someone feels bullied, they often turn on someone smaller. IF TH (big if here, since we do not know) was abused by someone older and more powerful, this could have just been his very sick way of kicking the dog, so to speak. I am reluctant to assign sexual intent to this crime, even though there was evidence of sexual assault. MOO

It depends. Actual pedophiles have an attraction and desire for children. Some people do prey on whoever is weakest, or easier. Austin Sigg went from trying to assault a woman, to assaulting a child. However, we don't know where his actual desires were, since he did have child *advertiser censored* on his computer. Pedophiles WANT to have sex (rape, but to them it's sex) children, they have a sexual attraction to them. It could be about power too, but a pedophile also has the attraction.

We don't actually know if TH was a pedophile, a sick SOB that just wanted whoever was easiest, or BOTH.

If rape had absolutely nothing to do with sexual preferences, rapists wouldn't have an MO. They would freely rape men, women, children, whoever. MOST rapists (that are reported on, arrested, we know about, etc) have a single gender they rape. Rape is certainly hugely about power, but we can't discount the proof, that the vast majority only rape one gender...in some cases even down to age and similar looks. (JMO.)

I'm inclined to agree. I think it's pretty common for rapists to have 'issues' with power, entitlement, empathy and whatever else in most relationships. Not just sexual relationships. I wasn't really thinking sexual proclivities, more about the way he relates to people. IMO he wouldn't have many, if any, healthy relationships full stop. If he had, we may never have heard of little Alanna. But at the risk of trying to make sense of the senseless, I'll leave it there.

Yes, they are called "Pro Stars" if I remember correctly and they are not all black. Many guys and gals illegally street race here in our small town outside of the city limits. That is the most popular (expensive) set of wheels amongst this group.

O/T I frequently transpose letters when reading. I always see your name as STDs. I worked w/adolescents in a healthcare setting.

I think he was ignored and left to do his own raising. Does that excuse him? Nawwwwwwwwwwwwww. He knew right from wrong as evident by "I'm sorry Mom". This crap happens to some degree daily and everyone looks for excuses out the wazoo. Sometimes it just is what it is. A failure. Until we reach a point in society where we can look another person/parent in the eye and say "You know what? Your kid is out of control and you are failing miserably as a parent and you need to wake up and do something." , we are gonna keep hearing of stories like these. I'm tired of being politically correct. People need to man up and quit passing the buck. :banghead:

Posted much earlier today, but I have to say I completely agree.

It depends. Actual pedophiles have an attraction and desire for children. Some people do prey on whoever is weakest, or easier. Austin Sigg went from trying to assault a woman, to assaulting a child. However, we don't know where his actual desires were, since he did have child *advertiser censored* on his computer. Pedophiles WANT to have sex (rape, but to them it's sex) children, they have a sexual attraction to them. It could be about power too, but a pedophile also has the attraction.

We don't actually know if TH was a pedophile, a sick SOB that just wanted whoever was easiest, or BOTH.

If rape had absolutely nothing to do with sexual preferences, rapists wouldn't have an MO. They would freely rape men, women, children, whoever. MOST rapists (that are reported on, arrested, we know about, etc) have a single gender they rape. Rape is certainly hugely about power, but we can't discount the proof, that the vast majority only rape one gender...in some cases even down to age and similar looks. (JMO.)

I'm not saying he COULDN'T have been a pedophile, just that I am not comfortable leaning on that as a motive until I see evidence that he is. The one thing that gives me pause is the children's clothing found in his room. Really odd, IMO.

Seems he may be a twisted stimulation junkie

I'm not saying he COULDN'T have been a pedophile, just that I am not comfortable leaning on that as a motive until I see evidence that he is. The one thing that gives me pause is the children's clothing found in his room. Really odd, IMO.

After the earlier info/stuff from last night that we can't quite discuss yet, I'm more confused than ever about what TH's specific proclivities/disorders/motivations are. (I know many people feel it doesn't matter what they are, but I'm one of those people who feels there is value in understanding what makes killers tick.)

I sure would love to see what a profiler says about him.

He really is something out of a horror movie,

After the earlier info/stuff from last night that we can't quite discuss yet, I'm more confused than ever about what TH's specific proclivities/disorders/motivations are. (I know many people feel it doesn't matter what they are, but I'm one of those people who feels there is value in understanding what makes killers tick.)

I have no idea what you're referring to. What did I miss? If we can't discuss it, can you point me in the right direction? TIA

I am with you there. Otherwise, this is just a sensational gossip session.

The feds will profile so they have info to help with any new crimes.

I am wondering what went wrong. It sure wasn't a one time thing. It had to be over the course of years.

The killer of Somer Thompson came from an incredibly bizarre background. But he does not seem as disturbed as TH. I cannot even fathom what the story will be or if we will ever hear.

IMO......

He raped a six year old: he's a pedophile.

His level of sexual deviance alone at the age of 17 is astounding, add to that he's a child sadistic rapist & murderer ! Very accomplished for his age. The twisted freak.

Thank goodness he left his DNA everywhere! seems he was just getting warmed up...

I would hope the profiler would have more definite information about the crime/crime scene than we do, to work with.

I don't know what to believe happened here now. I feel that while we may not be back to square one, we are back to square two or three.

IMO......

He raped a six year old: he's a pedophile.

I would disagree. IMO he seems more of a sadistic murdering rapist and she was available.

There seems to have been no genuine attraction to children.

Homosexuality has nothing to do with pedophilia. Most prolific pedophiles are "straight men," and their victims include boys. Of course, it can be argued that they don't really have any genuine and legit adult attractions, at all.

That line of thinking is really dangerous to the homosexual community. JMO.

BUT PEDOPHILES want sex with a child. NOT an adult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx