GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking if her clothes were not on the search warrant, they must have already been found.

They were not listed as items to be taken, IIRC

Will the father have to pay child support from the time TH was born? How does that work?

Does TH have any siblings?
What time does TH's mom arrive home from work and what does she do for a living?

BBM - Interesting question, and I would think the answer has to be yes, wouldn't it?? For back support? From birth---. That's a good little bunch of extra money.

BBM - Interesting question, and I would think the answer has to be yes, wouldn't it?? For back support? From birth---. That's a good little bunch of extra money.

Yes, he will have to pay it all back. Tyler can be 30 years old and the dad still may be paying the back child support because he also has to pay current child support as well until Tyler turns 18.

Which is awful imo since he didn't even know he had a child in the first place.

If he had known he was a dad to TH when he was born maybe TH wouldn't have turned out the way he has.

Often it is way too late for a relationship when so many years have past.

I feel sorry for this father.

He wanted to have a relationship with Tyler once he found out he had a son. Now all Tyler has done is brought him misery, shame, and pain.

I kind of doubt it, because the mother didn't inform the father of TH until he was what...15? My older brother went through a similar situation, only he supported his son until he was 2 and then the mother took off with him. She showed back up when my nephew was 14 or 15 and tried to sue my brother for support for all those years. My brother had proof that he involved the police in trying to find them over the years, so the judge only ordered support from the date of filing forward.
How can someone just spring a teenager on a man and expect payment for all the years he didn't even know the child existed? I would hope no judge would order such a thing.

I kind of doubt it, because the mother didn't inform the father of TH until he was what...15? My older brother went through a similar situation, only he supported his son until he was 2 and then the mother took off with him. She showed back up when my nephew was 14 or 15 and tried to sue my brother for support for all those years. My brother had proof that he involved the police in trying to find them over the years, so the judge only ordered support from the date of filing forward.
How can someone just spring a teenager on a man and expect payment for all the years he didn't even know the child existed? I would hope no judge would order such a thing.

We don't know the reasons why mom did not go for child support earlier.

My opinion is if you play, you pay.

Having sex has results sometimes.

I am thinking if her clothes were not on the search warrant, they must have already been found.

They were not listed as items to be taken, IIRC

The Holder residence search warrant does list "female children's clothing" as something to be seized.

In regard to the toilet paper rolls:
http://www.mademan.com/mm/5-homemade-sex-toys.html

I don't know how to quote on Tapatalk but:
Toilet Paper Tube Toy. The next toy can be easily created by using a few simple materials including a toilet paper tube, personal lubricant and a condom. Begin by placing the condom on the top (round end) of the empty toilet paper roll. Unroll the condom onto the toilet paper roll and down the base of the tube. It’s not only one of the most simple homemade sex toys, but it’s also one of the more pleasurable.

Umm...:facepalm: this link might explain all the walmart bags as well. (I had to look. Don't judge.)

In regard to the toilet paper rolls:
http://www.mademan.com/mm/5-homemade-sex-toys.html

I don't know how to quote on Tapatalk but:
Toilet Paper Tube Toy. The next toy can be easily created by using a few simple materials including a toilet paper tube, personal lubricant and a condom. Begin by placing the condom on the top (round end) of the empty toilet paper roll. Unroll the condom onto the toilet paper roll and down the base of the tube. It’s not only one of the most simple homemade sex toys, but it’s also one of the more pleasurable.

bolded by me: LOL, I didn't realize at first that sentence was part of a quote -- I thought you were giving us a review!

This is what the Texas Family Code 154.131 says;

(a) The child support guidelines are intended to guide the court in determining the amount of retroactive child support, if any, to be ordered.
(b) In ordering retroactive child support, the court shall consider the net resources of the obligor during the relevant time period and whether:
(1) the mother of the child had made any previous attempts to notify the obligor of his paternity or probable paternity;
(2) the obligor had knowledge of his paternity or probable paternity;
(3) the order of retroactive child support will impose an undue financial hardship on the obligor or the obligor's family; and
(4) the obligor has provided actual support or other necessaries before the filing of the action.
(c) It is presumed that a court order limiting the amount of retroactive child support to an amount that does not exceed the total amount of support that would have been due for the four years preceding the date the petition seeking support was filed is reasonable and in the best interest of the child.
(d) The presumption created under this section may be rebutted by evidence that the obligor:
(1) knew or should have known that the obligor was the father of the child for whom support is sought; and
(2) sought to avoid the establishment of a support obligation to the child.

In Canada, a court will not typically order child support beyond the date it was applied for which means, that the date of the application is likely the date the judge will order the father to start paying. The exception to this would be if the judge made a finding that you had been responsible in some way for the delay in your girlfriend filing an application for child support.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080216200309AAxE3vL
http://www.childsupportlaws.ca/

I have wondered about these items from the SW:

# 8 Purple/Pink/Green Timex Indigo Watch with purple band/Pink & Green Flowers
# 116 pink shirt long sleeve
# 143 small pink sock
# 153 1 pair boy's denim pants

Could these have been Alanna's clothes?

IIRC LD said that she was wearing a pink shirt. Her socks could have matched (small pink sock)! The boy's denim pants could have been jeans that she was wearing.

LD Hummingbird...Do you remember if Alanna had on long sleeves and long pants? Wasn't the weather chillier that normal that day?

Also do you think the watch was hers?

Dear God...Please Bless the Family & Friends of Your Angel Alanna!

Your post reminded me of something I have been meaning to ask, and that is: Do we know if Alanna was wearing shoes? I can't remember any being mentioned. I guess "female children's clothing" could include shoes, as far as the Holder search warrant is concerned, BUT even from earlier on, I can't recall any mention of shoes. Does anyone?

She may have been barefooted...? But don't recall that being said, either.

Your post reminded me of something I have been meaning to ask, and that is: Do we know if Alanna was wearing shoes? I can't remember any being mentioned. I guess "female children's clothing" could include shoes, as far as the Holder search warrant is concerned, BUT even from earlier on, I can't recall any mention of shoes. Does anyone?

She may have been barefooted...? But don't recall that being said, either.

I don't remember LE or media ever saying what she was wearing at all, only our local friend of the family. Did LE ever say? Until the search warrant was released, I mean.

SBM
I feel sorry for this father.
I'm not sure what I feel yet. If I find out for sure that he had no idea he had a child out there then yes. I've seen and heard of to many that knew and pretend they don't after a break up to avoid child support.

We don't know the reasons why mom did not go for child support earlier.

My opinion is if you play, you pay.

Having sex has results sometimes.
No, we don't know why but from the ones I know of it's so they don't have to share with the other parent and put up with their bs. It could be though that she had no clue where he was or thought she could do it on her own and TH would be better off.

Where I live my friend and her husband (now ex) were pulled into the same scenario only his child that he knew nothing about (one night stand) wasn't fifteen. Yes, he should have used protection but so should she. My friend couldn't have children so they adopted and then found out about his son. Devastating and neither of them could form a bond with the child after that amount of time regardless of how they tried. The mother was a not so great mom and he had a lot of issues by the time they came into his life. It was a heart breaking experience for my friend. The son is not why they got divorced.

With all of that said I think it's only fair that child support starts when the father is proven to be the father. Period. To many people play games and it's not a game.

MOO

I don't remember LE or media ever saying what she was wearing at all, only our local friend of the family. Did LE ever say? Until the search warrant was released, I mean.

I don't think LE or media has ever released it, IIRC. I don't think even the search warrant specifies what clothing she was wearing. IIRC, some description was on the scanner thread at the very beginning of the case, but of course we can't bring that to the public thread...and I don't recall anything regarding shoes in that, either. I think LDHummingbird MAY have given a partial description (clothes, not shoes), but I am not positive about that.

Thank goodness he got a sensible Judge.

I had a female co-worker who got a divorce and in the papers she got custody and he paid child support. He is a great father and paid her on time every time and did a lot more than what was expected for his boys.

Then she decided about two years later that she no longer wanted to raise her kids. She had found a new man and had no time for her children. So they talked it over and she told him if he took them he wouldn't have to pay the child support every week. So he gladly raised his sons for 10 years after then.

Then one day he gets a letter in the mail from the Child Support Recovery Unit advising him that he owed thousands of dollars in back child support. Yep, she went down there after 10 years of him raising them totally and reported him.

He could even prove to the Judge that they lived with him fulltime (the boys testified for him and other witnesses) and he totally supported them and she didn't help with any of their support either. But the Judge said that didn't matter because his divorce papers stated that he was to pay her every week $$$$$ in child support.

Yeah she was a real piece of work.:mad: His big mistake was he took her at her word instead of getting it in writing.

So he had to pay all the back child support and they still lived with him and are now in college. The Judge did stop the child support though from the day they appeared in court since he could prove she was not raising the children. He told J that he should have petitioned the court when he started raising them on his own in his own home. Why he ever trusted her to do the right thing I don't have a clue.

Years ago I had to deduct child support from one of the workers who's son was 37 years old at the time. He too said he wasn't aware of the child until he was advised he owed child support. He even had a DNA test done. He owed 46K+ dollars in back child support. He had to pay it all back. It also went on his credit report as owed.

Not knowing you are a parent does not stop the responsibility of paying child support. Rightly or wrongly, the day the child is born, whether the other parent knows about it or not starts the cash clock ticking if the parent lives away from the child.

I even believe I read where Tyler's father said he was paying for current support and trying to catch up on past support. That sucks!

Another strange child support case I heard about a few years ago was about a man who really thought the child he had been raising was his own but it turned out not to be true and the mother knew he wasn't the father all along. He petitioned the court saying since he was lied to about the child being his he felt he no longer should have to pay support. Wrong assumption. The Judge said that he certainly would because this father was the only father this child has ever known.

So I do believe he is going to have to pay it all back.

My lifelong childhood friends younger sister became pregnant at age 18. She refused to reveal the identity of the child's father to anyone. Her parents, my friend and myself all thought it was an incredibly selfish thing to do.
That boy grew up and is now a man and still has no idea who his father is. He's been estranged from his mom for about two years now... Still she won't give up the info.

I think some child support laws are ridiculous. If you dodge the court ordered blood test and then are finally proven to be the father, then yes, you should owe back support. If you are an unfit *advertiser censored* hat and barred from being with your child then yes, you owe support. If the mother chooses not to inform you that you have a child, then I believe the burden of back support should be on the mother. I am a woman and all for woman's rights, but only insofar as they don't negate the rights of her child or the person she makes said child with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx