GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There were several computers and USB drives or external hard drives taken. There could be some old computers stashed in the closet while the ones that were currently in use were more up to date.

I do not think so, a look at a laptop antique (sarcastic)

http://www.cnet.com/laptops/compaq-armada-1700-12/4505-3121_7-30000021.html

I have bought much better stuff to give away to relatives in Mexico that is far more up-to-date

Why the sw names some specifically and others not makes me to believe the ones with 1,2,3,4 were even more obsolete

Seriously they are so poor on specs that they are not even worth use as a paperweight, other than hoarding, I can think of no reason to have them.

1. Re the book by Ann Rule. Yes, it was the Hillside Stranglers. Thanks! Forgot their name. I try not to remember the pukes. Moreso the victims.

2. Re falling out of the truck.

As I said before, my son is an engineer, but I just could not stand the thought of his hassling me about my little problem WS.

Anyway, hubby and I had errands and I asked him. He is totally a genius with physics, torque, vector forces, but he will not get verified.

Anyway, I told him the situation and he said that there is no way a body could fall out under those conditions. He said it is flat and does not roll easily,

I asked about stopping at a stop sign , hard.

He said that the body would slide forward, not back.

I asked about quck take off.

He said there is not a production vehicle that is made that can accelerate fast enough to cause a body to slide out.

His opinion is that it would have to be rigged to happen that way.

He said that there is not a bump that would not damage a vehicle if it bumped so much to throw the body out.

He said there is no way.

So, unverified info. Think what you want, or hopefully someone else has someone to ask and verify or disprove this info.

To mei, if the perp does not care if the body is found quickly, that sure indicates something different than trying to hide the crime. That would make a lot more sense to me. Hiding it. So easy to do!

3. Re my typing skills. I do not have a typing degree so there are probably plenty of errors.

I don't think anyone is debating what was actually taken. They took restraints (whatever that generic term meant for those items removed) but they weren't there to specifically look for just those restraints. They were there to look for any material that could be a restraint, which as pointed out by someone earlier could be practically anything. At this point, there is no correlation between adult restraints (if that's even what was found in the home) and what was on that baby girl. All that has been told 100% is that she was restrained but not with what or how.

I was responding to the post that said MSM used the word restraint but it wasn't in the docs. It was in the inventory docs.

:seeya:

I have bought much better stuff to give away to relatives in Mexico that is far more up-to-date

Why the sw names some specifically and others not makes me to believe the ones with 1,2,3,4 were even more obsolete

Seriously they are so poor on specs that they are not even worth use as a paperweight, other than hoarding, I can think of no reason to have them.
I think you're right about not naming the others.

My best friend is an IT guy and he always has old computers sitting around. He uses them for spare parts I think.

I saw 1 restraint listed, then 4 restraints lists. 5 total taken from the home.

A question(or 2) for the more experiences sleuthers.

Is it common for LE to get a search warrant for the home and vehicles of a murder victim? (when the victim is found somewhere besides the home)

Doesn't LE need a certain degree of suspicion, and evidence to back that suspicion up, just to get the search warrant??

(Not asking my hubby, because he thinks I spend too much time here)

My gosh these threads are moving fast. Marking my spot so I can try and keep up.

Prayers of peace for all that love her.

2. Re falling out of the truck.

As I said before, my son is an engineer, but I just could not stand the thought of his hassling me about my little problem WS.

Anyway, hubby and I had errands and I asked him. He is totally a genius with physics, torque, vector forces, but he will not get verified.

Anyway, I told him the situation and he said that there is no way a body could fall out under those conditions. He said it is flat and does not roll easily,

I asked about stopping at a stop sign , hard.

He said that the body would slide forward, not back.

I asked about quck take off.

He said there is not a production vehicle that is made that can accelerate fast enough to cause a body to slide out.
<snip>.
Human, please tell hubby Thank you! I have one question (though I tend to agree with his observations) does he think the body being in a 'slick' type tarp would make it easier to fly out?

So, I am tech savvy. It is my degree and profession. I'm a software engineer. A person cannot be judged by hardware alone. <modsnip> The person that I know personally is an aeronautical engineer. He is not necessarily on my level software-wise, but he is knowledgeable.. probably more-so than most people. As for falling out of the truck... My husband is a hunter, and he has had a hog fall out of his truck before, because of the tailgate being down and his acceleration. The hog was in the main part of the bed.

By the way... I am an unverified expert on cat hair.

I have one cat. He is a 20 pound siamese. His hair is everywhere. Anybody who comes in contact with me or my home will leave with a little piece of him, I am sure.

I can understand taking the cat hair samples to see if any cat hair found on Alanna may have come from a cat other than the cats in the home.

Local news on. WFAA. Per live report, no police presence this morning. Police maintain that her family is not a suspect, looking for two dark suv's, listed some contents of search warrant, Fort Worth man planning to meet with police today to talk about man in red truck who approached his daughters.

IOW, nothing new.

I think you're right about not naming the others.

My best friend is an IT guy and he always has old computers sitting around. He uses them for spare parts I think.

I am a computer guy too, however those are sooooooo old, there is nothing but scrap metal. None of the components are even of value or use. Not like having an old Apple, some of those are classics.

My wife has one of these, old yes, but not obsolete, and cute.

15428696-1.gif

Why the sw names some specifically and others not make me to believe the ones with 1,2,3,4 were even more obsolete

I see no reason to assume that but that's just moo.

They have so many computers, thumb drives and external hard drives that at least someone in the home was certainly taking advantage of computer technology. The only people I know who have that many are IT geeks who like buying and selling and repairing and building computers (but I suppose they may have more than the average household because there were more adults.) Some computers might be labelled 1,2,3,4 because they were not bought ready from the store but put together from parts so there's no obvious make and model.

Is it common for LE to get a search warrant for the home and vehicles of a murder victim? (when the victim is found somewhere besides the home)

Doesn't LE need a certain degree of suspicion, and evidence to back that suspicion up, just to get the search warrant??

I don't think I've ever seen a case where the parents home wasn't searched. JMO

I've followed less than twenty cases here so far but I would say it is very common to search the home of the victim. In some cases it is because it was the last place the victim was seen alive, but also because the statistics of homicide dictate that you focus on and rule out the family first. They would be remiss not to look for evidence in the home, IMOO.

This same thing happened (home searched potential 'evidence' taken, cars searched or taken, etc.) with Celina Cass and Jorelys Rivera, just to name two. I'm sure others could name more cases. :twocents: :seeya:

I think it's pretty standard to search the victims home and vehicles. Could be a crime scene.

They are advocating for the victim so there really shouldn't be a reason that they can't search the victims home until/unless they accuse someone else in the home of the crime.

JMO

Thanks for the link ctkid

from the link.

In the hours after six-year-old Alanna Gallagher was found bound and gagged along a residential road in Saginaw last week, investigators served four search warrants on her family’s vehicles and home, seeking DNA samples, computer equipment and anything that could be used as a restraint.

bbm, that would imply to me that Alanna had marks on her body that suggesting she was restrained. jmo

My thinking too. In the very beginning we had a child that was found and then later a missing child report. They had already viewed her body and more then likely saw markings to indicate she was restrained at some point. MSM reporting that she was bound so they knew somethings they were after. They might be trying to match other markings on her that they do not know what caused them.

I am a computer guy too, however those are sooooooo old, there is nothing but scrap metal. None of the components are even of value or use. Not like having an old Apple, some of those are classics.

My wife has one of these, old yes, but not obsolete, and cute.

15428696-1.gif

I was going to edit my post and say some of those were so old as to not even be useful for parts. So yes, I agree!

I see no reason to assume that but that's just moo.

They have so many computers, thumb drives and external hard drives that at least someone in the home was certainly taking advantage of computer technology. The only people I know who have that many are IT geeks who like buying and selling and repairing and building computers (but I suppose they may have more than the average household because there were more adults.) Some computers might be labelled 1,2,3,4 because they were not bought ready from the store but put together from parts so there's no obvious make and model.

I agree about the parts. Thinking about it, I probably have four laptops and two towers that are no longer in use in my house. I have six external hard drives, and three of them just sit. I have two towers and one laptop that are used for work on a daily basis. I probably have five printers and three of them are obsolete completely. I have more cords than you would find at Radio Shack...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warsovika