GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Human, please tell hubby Thank you! I have one question (though I tend to agree with his observations) does he think the body being in a 'slick' type tarp would make it easier to fly out?

Another possibility is that the body is bundled up in such a way that it is "rounder", at least in one direction (like a cylander) and therefore more able to roll. I'm not saying it happened that way, just that I can imagine bundling causing a (6-year-old) body to roll out of a truck bed instead of sliding out.

Another possibility is that the body is bundled up in such a way that it is "rounder", at least in one direction (like a cylander) and therefore more able to roll. I'm not saying it happened that way, just that I can imagine bundling causing a (6-year-old) body to roll out of a truck bed instead of sliding out.
Agreed.

Living in Texas almost every family has a truck it seems. I've never had a male in my family not drive or own some type of truck. How are you going to haul the boat or hunting equipment? :)

I have definitely seen things roll out of the truck, once because of a bump not even acceleration. I just don't know based on her weight and the relatively slow speeds in the neighborhood if it would have been possible in this case.

A question(or 2) for the more experiences sleuthers.

Is it common for LE to get a search warrant for the home and vehicles of a murder victim? (when the victim is found somewhere besides the home)

Doesn't LE need a certain degree of suspicion, and evidence to back that suspicion up, just to get the search warrant??

(Not asking my hubby, because he thinks I spend too much time here)

It's just standard operating procedure imo.
If nothing else, they have to have reference samples to know whch fibers etc came frm the victim's home and are just to be expected and which could be the unknown perp. Also they need to know the details of the victim's daily life just in case there is something that could be a clue.

Is it common for LE to get a search warrant for the home and vehicles of a murder victim? (when the victim is found somewhere besides the home)

Doesn't LE need a certain degree of suspicion, and evidence to back that suspicion up, just to get the search warrant??

This is my opinion.

*I* think that because the body was found before there was a missing person report caused the police to look at the residence. That combined with whatever the residents of the home had to say when police spoke to them.

Had the child been reported missing prior to the discovery it might be different.

Nowdays LE doesn't call anyone a suspect. I don't put much stock into LE saying so and so is not a suspect anymore.

Yes, I agree.

A better question is... Have the parents been cleared?
Not just in this case, but all of these types of cases. The answer always seems to be no.

Have they begin moving outside the familial circle?

I am a computer guy too, however those are sooooooo old, there is nothing but scrap metal. None of the components are even of value or use. Not like having an old Apple, some of those are classics.

My wife has one of these, old yes, but not obsolete, and cute.

15428696-1.gif

I think that many people unintentionally 'hoard' computers/old monitors etc. just because, depending on your garbage service/state disposal laws, they can be a mild pain in the butt to get rid of, especially if they're so old, no one wants them for their parts. Sometimes it's easier to shove them into storage and forget about them than to take a trip to the dump or the salvation army. I know we would be charged extra if we put ours out to be picked up by our garbage service (and not a nominal fee). We had old computers in our Storage area in our basement for a long while. In a big organizing sweep, we finally checked around for where we could take them and dropped ours off at the local Goodwill. Hubby just recently had to go to the city dump to dispose of our dead microwave. Not easy (where I live) to just 'throw something out' when it's electronic. I think lots of people put stuff like that aside and forget about it.

OK so..........It appears that there were 9 restraints and a truck load of toilet paper retrieved from the home. idk jmo So glad I live a some what normal life.

I have no idea what is abnormal about having toilet paper.

What things would she have on her? LE removed a whole bunch of things from that house.
Why would she have those things on her?

If she were bundled up in the privacy of a bathroom and in a hurry ... A few of those things could be accidentally bundled along with.

The restraints lead me to believe she wasn't originally bound with tape, but something else. IMO for sexual purposes.

I think she was rinsed off in water or purposely drowned in it.

OK so..........It appears that there were 9 restraints and a truck load of toilet paper retrieved from the home. idk jmo So glad I live a some what normal life.

There are 3 of us in my household and we have about 24 rolls of paper towels and a 60 pack from Costco. I don't find that abnormal in the least. If we had 6 people in our household, it would be a lot less weird, imo.

And again, we have zero clue what is considered a "restraint" on the document. Their lives may be lead differently, but I don't consider them abnormal anymore than I would hope they would consider my household abnormal. Glass houses and all.

Does your hubby want to join a support group? I bet there are quite a few hubbies that would have plenty to say about their wives or SO's with issues,

Mine did say today that he sees why I am interested, but he thinks it is too depressing. He could not do it. Too much too worry about

I agree about the parts. Thinking about it, I probably have four laptops and two towers that are no longer in use in my house. I have six external hard drives, and three of them just sit. I have two towers and one laptop that are used for work on a daily basis. I probably have five printers and three of them are obsolete completely. I have more cords than you would find at Radio Shack...

I still have a 386 from 1993 in the storage closet...

LE has to start someplace and apparently, the family home is the only place they can think to search so far (or have cause to get a warrant.) And it needs to be done, as in all such cases.

Whatever evidence they found with her body clearly has not led them to a specific suspect.

I have no idea what is abnormal about having toilet paper.

It's not abnormal to have TP, of course. The question is why did the police take so much of it. JMO.

Oh, never mind. I see what this was in response to. Sorry!

So, I am tech savvy. It is my degree and profession. I'm a software engineer. A person cannot be judged by hardware alone. I know someone that sits next to him at work. They share a cube wall. The person that I know personally is an aeronautical engineer. He is not necessarily on my level software-wise, but he is knowledgeable.. probably more-so than most people. As for falling out of the truck... My husband is a hunter, and he has had a hog fall out of his truck before, because of the tailgate being down and his acceleration. The hog was in the main part of the bed.

Interesting. My hubby was adamant it could not happen.

Need more info---long trip, hills? The hog can be similar to a person.

Geez, I will have to ask my son his opinion. He and his father often disagree,

We know nothing. By some miracle we managed to make it this far in life is his opinion.

By the way... I am an unverified expert on cat hair.

I have one cat. He is a 20 pound siamese. His hair is everywhere. Anybody who comes in contact with me or my home will leave with a little piece of him, I am sure.

I can understand taking the cat hair samples to see if any cat hair found on Alanna may have come from a cat other than the cats in the home.

I have two cats, twice as much hair! I am constantly vacuuming everything and yet miraculously it's still everywhere!

What things would she have on her? LE removed a whole bunch of things from that house.
Why would she have those things on her?

I'm sorry I don't seem to be explaining this clearly. Let me give a hypothetical example.

If she had been wrestling with her siblings on one of their beds the night before, she could have microscopic fibers from the sheets, pillows, and/or blankets clinging to her skin. When during the course of the autopsy they collect those fibers, they need to have the bedding to compare it to, to see whether it was innocently there or whether it might come from the perp's house or back of a van or something.

Similarly, she would have traces of DNA from any contact -- morning hug, somebody affectionately mussing her hair, kids rough-housing.

Things around the house that might be used in a crime, such as the too-often-mentioned restraints, need to be tested to make sure they weren't used on her.

I still have a 386 from 1993 in the storage closet...

Until last year, I had a 256-baud telephone modem in the basement -- the kind with the rubber cushions that you pushed the handset into.

I agree about the parts. Thinking about it, I probably have four laptops and two towers that are no longer in use in my house. I have six external hard drives, and three of them just sit. I have two towers and one laptop that are used for work on a daily basis. I probably have five printers and three of them are obsolete completely. I have more cords than you would find at Radio Shack...

Time to go to recycling!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member