GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A "black trash bag" - I'm quoting here from the original 911 call.

Her hair was poking out the top, he thought she was a doll.

"It's in a bag and it's tarped up"

Alanna Gallagher, 6, Murder: 911 Call to report her body has been found. - YouTube

And here we have something that seems to refute the description of a separate bag being on her head? I've always wondered about that too. Maybe she was was in a trash bag, feet down (sorry), but also with a smaller bag on her head, which the teens removed? I remember early on they said they could tell it was a girl because of long hair.

Early on, recall, there were reported to be signs of decomposition. That report vanished quickly.

I know I am nit picking on this, but 100 is the mean. One SD below the mean is 85. 2 SD is 70.

The laws were changed some year-- I forget what year, because too many children were receiving special services. So the Feds changed the definition of mentally challenged to 2 SD below the mean before they would qualify for help.

I think it is important to note that Franks is not that impaired. But we do not know his actual IQ score, do we?

As I said, I won't argue about it, so I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

I know I am nit picking on this, but 100 is the mean. One SD below the mean is 85. 2 SD is 70.

The laws were changed some year-- I forget what year, because too many children were receiving special services. So the Feds changed the definition of mentally challenged to 2 SD below the mean before they would qualify for help.

I think it is important to note that Franks is not that impaired. But we do not know his actual IQ score, do we?

Yes 100 is the mean. But few people will have a score of exactly 100. When interpreting intelligence tests the convention is talk about ranges i.e. average, below average etc. An average IQ is between 85 - 115, which is one SD above and below the mean. An IQ of 70 is one SD below an average IQ (85), and two SD's below the mean.

The area under the normal curve narrows the further away from the mean it gets. Only app. 2% of the population have an IQ below 70. I realise Frank's IQ is 70 but that is quite impaired. Impairment also looks at functional ability as well which we don't know about Franks.

And here we have something that seems to refute the description of a separate bag being on her head? I've always wondered about that too. Maybe she was was in a trash bag, feet down (sorry), but also with a smaller bag on her head, which the teens removed? I remember early on they said they could tell it was a girl because of long hair.

If a "black trash bag" was on her head, they wouldn't have seen her hair.

The guy said the hair was poking out of the bag, and if its the sort of bag I'm thinking of it's large and black and probably quite flimsy.

Plenty big enough for a little girl but also too weak to hold her - it tore - he/she grabbed the tarp to cover the tear.

:cow:

ETA: he/she didn't grab a sheet or carpet or something from inside, as you might expect. A tarp. Who has tarps just lying around, that they can spare at a minutes notice?

I keep coming back to a workplace.

No she wasn't.

She was in a garbage bag.

The tarp merely covered the bag.

Someone threw her in the trash...or tried to.
I dont' think she was in a garbage bag. I can't find that anywhere. If she was in a garbage bag, how did the boys that found her see that her hands and feet were bound with red tape? They couldn't. They pulled back the tarp and saw her legs, feet, and head in a Walmart bag.

I dont' think she was in a garbage bag. I can't find that anywhere. If she was in a garbage bag, how did the boys that found her see that her hands and feet were bound with red tape? They couldn't. They pulled back the tarp and saw her legs, feet, and head in a Walmart bag.

Did you listen to the 911 call in the link I posted?

He clearly states his kids "unwrapped" her, as well as describing exactly how she was found.

In a black trash bag..."tarped up".

Yes, I know that. :seeya:

CAYLEE AND JBR both had their blankies with them IIRC.
Oh, lawdy. I forgot or mentally blocked about Caylee's blanket. This makes me angry all over again to think about that.

Did you listen to the 911 call in the link I posted?

He clearly states his kids "unwrapped" her, as well as describing exactly how she was found.

In a black trash bag..."tarped up".
I'll listen again. What post number is it? tia It won't change my thought. I believe she was wrapped up to protect her from dogs, rodents, flies, and etc... This fits in with leaving her in a place where she would be quickly discovered.

I'll listen again. What post number is it? tia It won't change my thought. I believe she was wrapped up to protect her from dogs, rodents, flies, and etc... This fits in with leaving her in a place where she would be quickly discovered.

#798, one page back.

Douglas discredited himself totally by coming out in support of John and Patsy Ramsey.

:cow:

I agreed with him when he speculated that JonBenet had evidence of digital penetration, but disagreed with his statements that Patsy might not have been able to write the ransom note. I think he grossly underestimated Perfect Patsy's narcissism and self-survival instincts. I also agreed with his assessment that some of the ransom note's phrases were taken from movies.

I agree, FREAKISHLY close to have all three of these girls missing then dead.

Someone with this much practice would explain how he/she was able to nab a kid right off her block, (presumably) without causing a scene.

As far as the 14 year gap, that's a roll of the dice. Here at the University of Armchair Research and Development, I've done a lot of studying about sadistic killers and in particular sadistic child killers and some of them can go YEARS between killing for a variety of reasons. One reason of course as you mentioned, being in prison.

~
In my opinion I also think Amber Hagerman looks quite similar to these two.

Of great interest to me is the fact that Amber was abducted in January and Opal was abducted in March.

Both spring season.

Has anyone made a map yet triangulating Amber's abduction site, recovery site and the same for Opal and Alanna?

If I lived there I would consider this whole area for 100 miles as a hot zone.

Of course we all know that any area can have a weirdo operating in it but this area in particular I think, in my opinion is hot.

I did but don't know how to post it. It looked like Opal and Alanna were side by side and Amber in a line away from them, but all very close.

I do see a striking resemblance between the three, BTW:

images
images
opal_jennings.jpg

"If a child’s body is found, there’s a very good chance we’ll figure out who did it. Parents aren’t usually as detached about disposing of their children’s bodies as strangers are – they may wrap the body in plastic and bury it someplace significant to them." (pg. 148)

Douglas, John E., and Mark Olshaker, Journey into Darkness. New York: Gallery Books, 2010.

When parents kill, there’s generally a softening of the crime scene. Where they take a blanket, cover up the child, roll the child over, face down or something like that…
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14429987/

That's true. There are things about Alanna's disposal that match with parents who kill. But the way she was wrapped also matches with non-relatives who may feel guilt about the murder (covering the face or body). And while there are many cases of parents dumping kids in or near the street as we have seen, to me it could also be a panicked neighbor or person who lives in the area who needed to get rid of the body fast.

I think we are looking for someone who lived with someone who was coming home soon, or who had to be somewhere at a certain time or who worried about surprise visits from a parole agent, something like that. They needed to get rid of Alanna and fast and be back where they were expected to be. In other words, this is not a roaming serial killer with all the time in the world. If a serial killer, it;s one who lives or was residing close and who doesn't have the ability to roam at will or for long periods. Crime of opportunity with a small window in which he or she could do what they wanted to do.

I think the plastic bag had to do with COD but may have been left on her so the perp didn't have to see her eyes. I think the binding of her limbs, if accurate, was less about containment of a dead body than it was about controlling a child.

I don;t believe there was any staging involved. If this was an accidental death, it was in the midst of sexual abuse, IMO.

I don't think Alanna accidentally slid off a car roof or from a trunk. I think she was quite hastily dumped.

The girls only similarity is that they have dark hair and a fringe. :moo:

Either way, it doesn't feel like the same perp to me. Opal was well hidden enough that she wasn't found for months, and Amber has never been found.

Whoever dumped/dropped Alanna was disorganised and in one heck of a hurry. The crime was perpetuated locally not in some far off corner - he/she has to have murdered her locally, but where? :cow:

I totally agree that its someone who lived with someone, or someone on some sort of timetable/schedule who had limited time for some reason. There's that workplace thing again.

ETA: painter, decorator, someone doing work in the area, Alanna said hello, he was in uniform and seemed safe maybe.

Of great interest to me is the fact that Amber was abducted in January and Opal was abducted in March.

Both spring season

January is most definitely not spring here. Just thought I'd add that.

**To add, January is actually our coldest month of the year.

This article on page two talks about how the definition was changed from 85 to 70 in 1973. The definition of mental retardation was IQ of one standard deviation below the mean. IQ of 85.

Not all states jumped on the bandwagon of changing their definitions of mental retardation. I do not like that term, but that is the term used by the Feds to determine wo recieves services

http://www.beachcenter.org/research/fullarticles/pdf/agc5_definingmentalretardation.pdf

I did but don't know how to post it. It looked like Opal and Alanna were side by side and Amber in a line away from them, but all very close.

I do see a striking resemblance between the three, BTW:

images
images
http://www.heartfall.com/childscry/opal_jennings.jpg [/quote]

wow! They are all very similar looking! Slight variations in skin tone and eye color. But considering all the different types of little girls that could be abducted (blonde, redhead, African American, Hispanic, Asian....) -- it is quite incredible that these 3 were all abducted and murdered in the same area and look so similar!

ETA -- oops, I lost Opal while quoting!

The 911 calls and comments by the boys and the mother showed that Alanna was found with a tarp over her, in a black garbage bag, with a plastic bag over her head, from what I can tell.

The girls only similarity is that they have dark hair and a fringe. :moo:

Either way, it doesn't feel like the same perp to me. Opal was well hidden enough that she wasn't found for months, and Amber has never been found.

Whoever dumped/dropped Alanna was disorganised and in one heck of a hurry. The crime was perpetuated locally not in some far off corner - he/she has to have murdered her locally, but where? :cow:

I totally agree that its someone who lived with someone, or someone on some sort of timetable/schedule who had limited time for some reason. There's that workplace thing again.

ETA: painter, decorator, someone doing work in the area, Alanna said hello, he was in uniform and seemed safe maybe.

Well, I think there's more in common than just brown hair and a "fringe".

Similarities?:
1. Dark hair.
2. Heavy bangs.
3. Female.
4. Somewhat close in age.
5. All went missing within half an hour drive of one another.
6. Went missing outside of a home.

To me Alanna and Amber have very similar smiles. These kids are all a "type". Do I think they are all victims of the same killer? I have no idea. I think it's clear LE is heavily focused on Alanna's home and I don;t blame them. Also, I always thought Opal's murder was solved.

But it's not a silly theory, IMO.

I dont' think anyone has ever suffocated because of a Walmart bag. I even googled it and found nothing. In the past I tried to use them to clean out my cat litter box and they all had tiny holes and leaked. They might be horrid for infants choking on them, but they are not airtight. I seriously doubt the Walmart bag was the cause of Alanna's death (suffocation).

I'm not sure that lack of cases of suffocation with a specific brand of shopping bag logically eliminates the possibility that Alanna, with no obvious COD, found dead with a bag on her head, was not suffocated by that bag.

Plastic shopping bags suffocate pretty easily. I use walmart bags for my cat litter. Yeah, sometimes they leak. Mostly they don't.
There is a reason every single plastic bag has a warning on it about keeping it away from children and pets:

One hundred and ten cases of suicidal suffocation using a plastic bag were identified in the files of the Office of the Chief Coroner of Ontario, Canada, between 1993 and 1997.http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10855966

Methodology. A total 2178 case summaries from the US Consumer Product Safety Commission's Death Certificate File were reviewed. A computerized database was created for information about the infants, products, and patterns of suffocation. Mortality rates were calculated based on the US population younger than 1 year old.

Results. The most frequent causes of suffocation were 1) wedging between a bed or mattress and a wall and 2) oronasal obstruction by plastic bag.http://www.pediatricsdigest.mobi/content/103/5/e59.full

Dozens of children (mostly infants) die every year because of plastic bags:
Dry cleaning bags, because they are large and extremely thin, are the most dangerous bags around the house. Gargage bags and thin plastic grocery bags are also dangerous around infants. http://www.marshallbrain.com/cp/plastic.htm

Sachs, 33, whose last known address was in Parkland, was taken into custody Wednesday on the count of first-degree murder in the death of Jeffrey Blaugrund, according to the Broward Sheriff’s Office. Blaugrund was found dead with a plastic bag covering his face, Hurley said, and the Broward County Medical Examiner’s Office determined Blaugrund died of asphyxia.http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/...ling-Ordered-Held-Without-Bond-185546912.html

The mother, Vivian Miranda, 39, was arraigned here today in the death of her daughter Charity Miranda Martin, who prosecutors said was suffocated with a plastic bag. Mrs. Miranda's 20-year-old daughter, Serena Miranda Martin, was also arraigned today and has been charged with holding Charity down while their mother suffocated her.http://www.nytimes.com/1998/01/21/n...er-offers-account-of-killing-in-exorcism.html

It wasn't until the following day that the family learned Travis had been killed. He had been suffocated, found with a plastic bag covering his head, officials told his parents. Who killed him, and why, are still under investigation. http://www.mydeathspace.com/article...a_plastic_bag_and_an_investigation_is_ongoing

Further details of her frenzied rampage were revealed on Tuesday. Police said she shot her estranged husband, a 44-year-old carpenter, with two rounds fired into his head and neck and murdered her son by first knocking him unconscious and then putting the bag on his head. The father and son were found lying next to each other on a bed in her apartment, police said.
"The child was found to have suffered massive trauma to the head from blows with an unknown object," the Lörrach police department said in a statement. "The child lost consciousness as a result. He was then asphyxiated with a plastic bag."http://www.spiegel.de/international...suffocated-son-with-plastic-bag-a-718728.html

Police say Hatcher was suffocated in his sleep with a plastic shopping bag. Police found him lying in bed with a plastic shopping bag next to his head.
Scratches on his face, and marks from the department store shopping bag were evidence to police that foul play was involved.
Charged with first degree murder is Hatcher's daughter-in-law 32-year-old Rebecca Lynn Hatcher. She lived with Hatcher while his son, her husband, is in prison.http://www.wvva.com/story/19126851/...s-strangled-with-plastic?clienttype=printable

Beata Slomiana's body was discovered 10 days after her death
A man who suffocated his girlfriend by putting a plastic bag over her head has been jailed for 10 years.
The body of Beata Slomiana, 33, was found at her home in Ballards Lane, Finchley, north London, in September last year, 10 days after she died.http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-16220256

I don't have to read a Wikipedia article about it; I still have some of the books about it from when I learned about it in grad school in 1989, which according to my estimations is a bit more recent than 1973. I really don't know why you're arguing with me about it. You're saying basically the same thing as I am except that you don't quite seem to understand what you're saying. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC