GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably would have to have been in a motor home to do what was done to her, taping, bagging, clothing removal and tarp.

You know,Jo, that is an interesting thought. I went back and looked at the aerial view. There don't seem to be any motorhomes/trailers being stored in the driveways/yards of the neighborhood Alanna lived in or was found in.

Maybe a local can chime in as to whether specific neighborhood covenants don't allow for it. It could be interesting to know how many residnets of the 2 neighborhoods utilize any of those storage places.

I do notice, in particular, that Storage King on Old Decatur, All Storage on Boaz , and U-Haul Moving & Storage/ Boat Club Self Storage / Store It Now- all on Boat Club all offer RV and boat storage. All within 2 miles of her home.

(ugh- I saw U Haul rentals too...any one moving in or out that day?)

Interesting...tarps & such could be associated with RV's , and boats too...

Are polygraphs even admissible in court? Yes, I'm going to go google for myself, but curious how more experienced sleuthers feel about them.
In U.S. courts (in most states at least) as long as both the prosecution and the defense stipulate that they be allowed, they are allowed into testimony. But this of course does not happen often (if at all).

If it were my child, I would not be able to attend hardly anything I'm sure.

It would be a struggle to even get out of bed in the morning. :cow:

I don't read a damn thing into the way the loved ones react in the early days.

I have seen a parental suspect behave as guilty as can be, yet end up proven totally innocent.

I have not viewed anything of these parents however so just a general comment.

Me either. That's why I am slow to criticize parents for not going to public events because I can assure you if something had happened to my children when they were little, I couldn't say a coherent thing, much less get out of bed to attend a vigil. :moo:

Normal is 100 +- 15. Seventy is only one SD from normal, and is considered to be mildly retarded, at least it was when I had my classes on the subject (1988-1990). Seventy to eighty-five was considered to be educable and 55-70 was trainable. Below 55 was considered to be profoundly retarded. MOO

Not to be picking on you, but one SD is 85. 100 minus 15. 2 standard deviations is 30. 100 - 30 equals 70.

So not that many issues with him

I did a side by side for everyone. To me, they look very much alike. Alanna is on the left, Opal Jo is on the right.

I am AMAZED by this whole thing. I have to say that I didn't know about Opal Jennings and even when I was reading her name on here I had her confused with another child murder case from I think Louisiana or something. THEN, I start reading about her. My goodness...they certainly do look a LOT alike. Fits a profile. This certainly adds another dimension to this case.

I did a side by side for everyone. To me, they look very much alike. Alanna is on the left, Opal Jo is on the right.

Omgosh, that makes my stomach hurt! Imo the look very similar.
:moo:

They did live freakishly close together. If there were a connection, any speculation on the 14 year gap? Perp in jail for a stint? (Assumes current convict is not guilty.)

I agree, FREAKISHLY close to have all three of these girls missing then dead.

Someone with this much practice would explain how he/she was able to nab a kid right off her block, (presumably) without causing a scene.

As far as the 14 year gap, that's a roll of the dice. Here at the University of Armchair Research and Development, I've done a lot of studying about sadistic killers and in particular sadistic child killers and some of them can go YEARS between killing for a variety of reasons. One reason of course as you mentioned, being in prison.

~
In my opinion I also think Amber Hagerman looks quite similar to these two.

Of great interest to me is the fact that Amber was abducted in January and Opal was abducted in March.

Both spring season.

Has anyone made a map yet triangulating Amber's abduction site, recovery site and the same for Opal and Alanna?

If I lived there I would consider this whole area for 100 miles as a hot zone.

Of course we all know that any area can have a weirdo operating in it but this area in particular I think, in my opinion is hot.

"If a child’s body is found, there’s a very good chance we’ll figure out who did it. Parents aren’t usually as detached about disposing of their children’s bodies as strangers are – they may wrap the body in plastic and bury it someplace significant to them." (pg. 148)

Douglas, John E., and Mark Olshaker, Journey into Darkness. New York: Gallery Books, 2010.

When parents kill, there’s generally a softening of the crime scene. Where they take a blanket, cover up the child, roll the child over, face down or something like that…
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14429987/

Not to be picking on you, but one SD is 85. 100 minus 15. 2 standard deviations is 30. 100 - 30 equals 70.

So not that many issues with him

I believe that's more or less what I said. Normal IQ is 100 +/- one SD (85-115) mild retardation is more than one SD to 2 SD below normal (70-84), moderate is more than 2 SD to 3 SD (55-69), severe is more than 3 SD to 4 SD below normal (40-54) and profound is more than 4 SD below normal (less than 40). I had actually missed the severe in my original post. I majored in math for a couple years in college, had a few statistics classes, was 3 classes from a Master's in Early Childhood Special Education (which included classes on testing and interpreting the tests), so I'll stick with my understanding. I won't argue about it, but it is (and will continue to be) MOO.

Maybe living in another city and recently moved back home? Maybe molesting a relative who he didn't kill? Or yes, maybe in jail.

Sometimes the killer is satiated and can simply go without killing for that long. Sometimes they go on a 'spree'.

A few months ago I was on here writing about how, because most of us don't think like someone who does this type of thing, we find it difficult to THINK like someone who does this kind of thing.

I personally thank God every day that I can't think like who ever is doing this kind of thing. They are in the truest sense a twisted, mentally disturbed individual.

I will say however that the first two abductions speak of very poor impulse control, a build up and then a snatch.

I think in the case of Alanna there was someone with some experience involved.

For you scanner watchers it would be interesting to find out if there was ANY kind of police activity BEFORE she was found, in the 4-5 block radius of where Alanna's body was found. Any police cruising that area, anything. SOMETHING spooked whoever did this.
If we could find out if there was a police presence somewhere in that area MAYBE we could narrow down the area in which she was killed. I think they had her wrapped up and ready to go but just could not risk driving around with her.

I believe that's more or less what I said. Normal IQ is 100 +/- one SD (85-115) mild retardation is more than one SD to 2 SD below normal (70-84), moderate is more than 2 SD to 3 SD (55-69), severe is more than 3 SD to 4 SD below normal (40-54) and profound is more than 4 SD below normal (less than 40). I had actually missed the severe in my original post. I majored in math for a couple years in college, had a few statistics classes, was 3 classes from a Master's in Early Childhood Special Education (which included classes on testing and interpreting the tests), so I'll stick with my understanding. I won't argue about it, but it is (and will continue to be) MOO.

5 out of 4 people have trouble with statistics.

:truce:

"If a child’s body is found, there’s a very good chance we’ll figure out who did it. Parents aren’t usually as detached about disposing of their children’s bodies as strangers are – they may wrap the body in plastic and bury it someplace significant to them." (pg. 148)

Douglas, John E., and Mark Olshaker, Journey into Darkness. New York: Gallery Books, 2010.

When parents kill, there’s generally a softening of the crime scene. Where they take a blanket, cover up the child, roll the child over, face down or something like that…
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14429987/
I had 2 cases come to mind, CAYLEE A. and JON BENET R. :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members