GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems awfully coincidental, if not. The scanner is very quiet. The DFWScanner Facebook page just redirects me back to the home page. So frustrating.

I think it was yesterday they made a post saying they were going to take a break ( Mesquite scanner also). Drama from comments and they just need a break. Cant blame them some people do not know when to sit on their fingers.

This happens all the time. If the DA has evidence to support murder charges, they will go back and file new charges and put the killer in jail on murder charges. There is NO WAY they would let a kidnapper serve out a kidnapping sentence and risk him getting out on parole if they had evidence to also support a murder charge. If there were evidence to tie him to the murder, there would have been murder charges.

I posted above about Albert Desalvo, the Boston strangler, who I think was charged with rape in some cases but not murder.

Too lazy to go back and read, but it is big news now because DNA advances have nailed him. He is dead.

He confessed and then recanted.

The Franks I Q is not that low. They are not people that really stand out. Average is 100.

I would bet he was one standard deviation below the mean which is 85. Is his IQ listed? Back in those days, he would be considered mentally retarded. Now where I live, it has to be 2 standard deviations below the mean. IQ 70. But thT still is not super low

How about a roomy van? A work van, say? Something like that. Or what if the crime scene involved an outdoor location?

(I should have put this stuff in my original little talking-point theory.)

Like Donald Smith who abducted and murdered Cherish Perriwinkle in Jacksonville, FL. He had a pervert van with the seats taken out.

Hope LE has spoken to the neighborhood regarding contractors that have been doing work in the area.

I also hope LE has, per my little theory above, taken note of recent residents no longer making their homes in that neighborhood.

I did a side by side for everyone. To me, they look very much alike. Alanna is on the left, Opal Jo is on the right.

They did live freakishly close together. If there were a connection, any speculation on the 14 year gap? Perp in jail for a stint? (Assumes current convict is not guilty.)

I posted above about Albert Desalvo, the Boston strangler, who I think was charged with rape in some cases but not murder.

Too lazy to go back and read, but it is big news now because DNA advances have nailed him. He is dead.

He confessed and then recanted.

The Franks I Q is not that low. They are not people that really stand out. Average is 100.

I would bet he was one standard deviation below the mean which is 85. Is his IQ listed? Back in those days, he would be considered mentally retarded. Now where I live, it has to be 2 standard deviations below the mean. IQ 70. But thT still is not super low

Normal is 100 +- 15. Seventy is only one SD from normal, and is considered to be mildly retarded, at least it was when I had my classes on the subject (1988-1990). Seventy to eighty-five was considered to be educable and 55-70 was trainable. Below 55 was considered to be profoundly retarded. MOO

I also hope LE has, per my little theory above, taken note of recent residents no longer making their homes in that neighborhood.
......and watching to see if some residents are punted to the curb by their roommates.

Has anyone taken a lie detector test in regard to Alanna's death (local sex offenders, parents, neighbors)?

Has anyone taken a lie detector test in regard to Alanna's death (local sex offenders, parents, neighbors)?
I would think that one would at least have been offered to the parents and that if they would have refused, that information would have found its way to the press. At least that's how it usually works.

I would think that one would at least have been offered to the parents and that if they would have refused, that information would have found its way to the press. At least that's how it usually works.

I don't think there has there been a LE press conference since bio dad MM's brief interview by reporters after his 8-10 hour police interview.

Maybe LE will discuss who has agreed or refused to be polygraphed in their next press release.

They did live freakishly close together. If there were a connection, any speculation on the 14 year gap? Perp in jail for a stint? (Assumes current convict is not guilty.)

Maybe living in another city and recently moved back home? Maybe molesting a relative who he didn't kill? Or yes, maybe in jail.

Please don't smack me, but do you mind posting link again? Sorry.

For future reference, it's Private Forums > Parking Lot > Scanner Chatter, thread is probably near the top for now. (Took me a while to figure out how to drill down to it, so thought I'd share.)

Are polygraphs even admissible in court? Yes, I'm going to go google for myself, but curious how more experienced sleuthers feel about them.

This happens all the time. If the DA has evidence to support murder charges, they will go back and file new charges and put the killer in jail on murder charges. There is NO WAY they would let a kidnapper serve out a kidnapping sentence and risk him getting out on parole if they had evidence to also support a murder charge. If there were evidence to tie him to the murder, there would have been murder charges.

^^^ THIS ^^^

And why has LE never done the testing they spoke of even in the county ME newsletter. I mean, it's not like Texas hasn't learned in the last few years that there actually are a few innocent folks behind bars. Ehem.

Which is a good indication there's a few perps walking free among us.

Are polygraphs even admissible in court? Yes, I'm going to go google for myself, but curious how more experienced sleuthers feel about them.

Not in most courts.

Not in Australia or Britain, at all.

I believe there may be states in the US where they are admissible but only for consideration not as "evidence".

They have an error margin that is too high for them to be considered reliable enough.

Certain people are able to defeat them. Your average psychopath, for example, will often not even register a blip as they essentially have the emotional reactions of a lizard.

They can be a helpful tool though. Most people don't like being hooked up and questioned so slip ups and nervous mistakes are common in the guilty. It also shows if someone has an emotional reaction where they shouldn't, eg a mundane question on their whereabouts at x time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee