GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo the perp dropped alanna off at corner curbside for his/her own convenience.
More than likely nobody was around outside or driving. Push her out and drive away. I wonder if there are any surveillance cameras on the homes right around that intersection. Bet not.

Also, if we want to get into the psychology of this crime -- if someone was dumping her body on the street for attention, then why not dump her body without covering.
snip

Perhaps because the horror of discovery after the process of unwrapping is equal to and perhaps greater than a sudden shock at the sight of an unconcealed body?

If they KNOW who the perp is, that would mean they have evidence and they would arrest him/her. So I doubt they know, even if they suspect someone. I think they probably have DNA but no match.

Okay, I just did a Google Street view walk around the spot where she was found. The spot wasn't against a fence but it was the side of the nearest house. There are no windows looking out in that direction from the house. (ETA: there is one window, but there's a sizable bush blocking it, and the photo is old, so the bush is probably even bigger now) So, unless the perp could see someone in the yard looking around, he could have done a quick check at the stop sign to be sure no one was in the immediate area, and quickly slid her out the passenger door at the stop sign. He probably didn't even care which stop sign he used, he just waited until he found one where there weren't any people out and about on foot or bikes, or passing vehicles. It would have taken seconds to lean across, open the passenger door and slide her onto the street, especially if, as I said she was propped against the passenger door so that her weight would fall into the curb as soon as the door opened. quick and silent. done.

If they KNOW who the perp is, that would mean they have evidence and they would arrest him/her. So I doubt they know, even if they suspect someone. I think they probably have DNA but no match.

:seeya: cluciano!

What if they know who the perp is but the perp is hiding from them? Or they have the perp in custody on another charge but are waiting for the tests to charge them with the most they can?

There is a foreclosed vacant home on the street where her body was dumped according to a friend of mine that lives in the area. She drove by the foreclosed house a few days ago and there was a red truck in the driveway with paint buckets in the back. She called the police and they said it had already been called in. I have another friend that lives on the block where the body was found. I am trying to get in touch with her to see if she has any more information. There hasn't been anything on local news lately. The last thing on the news here was her funeral.

can you go to this thread and check to see if this is the same info you are mentioning here? On this linked page and the page before it. xoxo

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214312&page=37

:seeya: cluciano!

What if they know who the perp is but the perp is hiding from them? Or they have the perp in custody on another charge but are waiting for the tests to charge them with the most they can?

I never thought about that! That could be why LE doesnt feel the neighborhood is in danger!
Can we find arrest records for the date of the discovery of her body to the time LE made that announcement?

My little bit of profiling here -- I'm usually pretty bad at this, so most likely the killer is the complete opposite :p

I think at least one of the killers was a woman. I think there might be so more than one person involved, though it's possible that at the time, that person didn't know that they were helping cover up a crime. A mother-son pair would not surprise me.

I think they're local, and it may have been a hate crime.

I think the disposal vehicle was a minivan, and all they had to do was stop at the sign, lift the tailgate slightly, and roll or slide the bundle out as they pulled away.

I don't know whether they knew her. I think it's slightly more likely that they live in the area and planned the crime.

Note, just wanted to clarify that everything in here is generic, not referring to any individual.

It appears the VERY GOOD news is that chlorine bleach, while it may kill pathogens and in fact does have more deleterious effect than other cleaning agents on DNA......only negatively impacts results 15-20% of the time. (Don't freak about germs - google eukaryotic vs prokaryotic cells, viruses, etc). Of course, it increases over time.

GingerzMomma shared this link: http://www.isfg.org/files/6834bde1ff72de292232127e2a49d99fa490b26e.05014573_850094813042.pdf

I'm just thinking that the study showed the DNA was hard to destroy…on porous surfaces. The study didn't talk about plastic bags, or belts. Is it possible the perp could have thoroughly destroyed most or all of his own DNA?

Of course, they would expect to find DNA on her from the family, so that wouldn't be remarkable, or even considered incriminating.

And certainly it's possible they have DNA but no match.

If they do, what would they do next? They can't get a search warrant to take DNA samples from the neighbors without some probable. The judge isn't going to let them go fishing and test the DNA of everyone in the neighborhood. I guess they could ask for volunteers to give DNA samples.

Actually they did already ask for hair samples from "several" neighbors. And I answered my own question about the other two vehicles investigators are asking about. It sounds like that information came from neighbors who were asked… NOT LE themselves. I'm sure hair samples from neighbors was ALSO intended to rule out people with whom Alanna regularly spent time, people whose DNA you'd expect to find on her.

Maybe she's just COVERED with DNA… maybe they can't see the forest for the trees.

But LE has not repeated that bit about "isolated case, not to worry" in a while, have they? They may have been a bit hasty.

My main problem with a perp dropping her off in the middle of an intersection for shock value is the need for attention versus the risk of getting caught. I know some psychologists might argue that people like this want to be caught, but eh, I don't think so in this case. There's nothing really significant, in terms of symbolic, about the intersection except that it's not private. Most killers either leave the bodies of their victims where they are or hide the bodies of their victims. I can't think of a child who was murdered whose body was left on display. This child was dumped on a residential street. IMHO, it doesn't seem like this was for attention. It seems like this was more desperation/hurried/panic-driven.

The Hillside stranglers did it all of the time

I never thought about that! That could be why LE doesnt feel the neighborhood is in danger!
Can we find arrest records for the date of the discovery of her body to the time LE made that announcement?

I have checked but what if they are in on a mental health warrant/evaluation? We wouldn't know due to HIPPAA. I would think. I have checked Tarrant Co. & Denton Co, not as friendly as some for info.

My main problem with a perp dropping her off in the middle of an intersection for shock value is the need for attention versus the risk of getting caught. I know some psychologists might argue that people like this want to be caught, but eh, I don't think so in this case. There's nothing really significant, in terms of symbolic, about the intersection except that it's not private. Most killers either leave the bodies of their victims where they are or hide the bodies of their victims. I can't think of a child who was murdered whose body was left on display. This child was dumped on a residential street. IMHO, it doesn't seem like this was for attention. It seems like this was more desperation/hurried/panic-driven.

Jessica Ridgway last summer.

The sun sets on another day of no news.

Not good and we all know it.

When LE was initially so specific about what they wanted in the SW I really thought they were on to something but as was already discussed on here, the clock is ticking and it's fairly obvious now that the information they have isn't going to lead to a quick arrest.

But I hope I'm wrong.

Good night all. May your children be safe.

Instead of teaching stranger danger, which in my opinion only teaches children to fear the unknown; pick only a couple of adults who the child can ONLY go with, teach code words that no one else knows, (not even your close friends or neighbors). And don't let anyone overhear you tell your child that code word.

Teach your child to kick and scream if they are ever picked up. Teach them to thumb the eyeballs of the person grabbing them. No joke. Kick, gouge, BITE AND BITE AND BITE and scrape with their fingernails. Teach them.

But more than anything teach your children the buddy system. A 5 to 9 year old child out alone is a target pure and simple. No child this age should be out playing alone.

I look forward to the day that we as a society can PREVENT this and save the balloon releases and lighting candles for birthday parties instead of memorials and vigils.

When I was walking to school in Jr high my older brothers best friend dad asked if I wanted a ride to school. Although I had never met him I knew who he was plus he was a judge. I accepted. Once I got in the car and we started driving away I told him how I knew him. He seemed so surprised because he did not know who I was! I wonder what would have happened had I not told him I knew who he was! He had no business picking up a little girl he didnt know.
Youngsters can be trusting to no more than a familiar face.
jmo

This is an amazing story. I realized I was holding my breath when I got to the end.

I am SO GLAD you told him that you knew him and how you knew him. YOu NEVER know who, what, where and why.

I agree even as adults we can get too trusting. I've been in the home health nursing also and I can remember pulling up to see a patient who lived on a lake. The lake house right next to his on this beautiful sunny day had a very, very large man standing in the yard and he started to make small talk from across the drive and then INSISTED that I come inside to see his fishing rod collection.

Even after I said no he insisted.

Not wanting to be rude I went.

As SOON as I got inside the door his face changed and he stood between the door and me as if to block my exit.

I have no idea what went through his brain.

Nothing happened. He stepped to the side but I distinctly remember my brain going "OH NO! I'm in a really bad position here." That was nearly 20 years ago and the impression it made in my mind obviously never left.

You can imagine then how easy it would be to pressure a tiny child.

One last post...

If you have a relative that's 'odd' and people have whispered that he's touched kids before, or you have a friend that's had a colorful past but has maybe had a conviction for sexual assault or you have a neighbor that just LOVES HANGING AROUND YOUR KIDS, or keeps telling you, "Oh you go on to work I'll watch the kids, no really go on to work".

YOU OWE IT TO YOUR KIDS to get these people out of your life.

I don't care if you want to go out Saturday night and needed that babysitter who is your friend's nephew. I don't care how badly you needed your NEXT FIX OR DRINK so you allowed your home to be compromised by someone with a questionable past to watch your children while you ran out for a night. I DON'T CARE how many bills you owe or what excuse you have to say that you were low on money and this 'guy' offered to babysit for nothing. I do not care.

You owe it to your children to keep these people away from them.

The pamphlets on sexual abuse prevention make it seem all to easy to spot these people but they are sliders. They SLIDE into your life one foot at a time.

They start by giving you a ride somewhere or fixing your car or your sink and gaining your trust.

Then they start to show you how GOOD they are around small children so you think that is so wonderful and how they can be trusted.

Then, maybe it's new school shoes or a backpack or a birthday present that was financially out of your reach and it shows up with a big bow.

Now the child AND you think you have a great guy on your hands.

You owe it to your children to keep these people away.

Ok, good night.

The Hillside stranglers did it all of the time

This is true, but it's also very, very rare. Most killers don't display their victims like this. They either leave them where they killed them or dispose of them in a very secretive way.

One last post...

If you have a relative that's 'odd' and people have whispered that he's touched kids before, or you have a friend that's had a colorful past but has maybe had a conviction for sexual assault or you have a neighbor that just LOVES HANGING AROUND YOUR KIDS, or keeps telling you, "Oh you go on to work I'll watch the kids, no really go on to work".

YOU OWE IT TO YOUR KIDS to get these people out of your life.

I don't care if you want to go out Saturday night and needed that babysitter who is your friend's nephew. I don't care how badly you needed your NEXT FIX OR DRINK so you allowed your home to be compromised by someone with a questionable past to watch your children while you ran out for a night. I DON'T CARE how many bills you owe or what excuse you have to say that you were low on money and this 'guy' offered to babysit for nothing. I do not care.

You owe it to your children to keep these people away from them.

The pamphlets on sexual abuse prevention make it seem all to easy to spot these people but they are sliders. They SLIDE into your life one foot at a time.

They start by giving you a ride somewhere or fixing your car or your sink and gaining your trust.

Then they start to show you how GOOD they are around small children so you think that is so wonderful and how they can be trusted.

Then, maybe it's new school shoes or a backpack or a birthday present that was financially out of your reach and it shows up with a big bow.

Now the child AND you think you have a great guy on your hands.

You owe it to your children to keep these people away.

Ok, good night.

I agree with every single thing you've said.

Looking back to when I was a child, my parents "knew" all of our neighbors. Most still live there on my parents street or died there. Some of their adult children now reside in their inherited homes. I was an only child and spent lots of time visiting neighbors alone many that were men.

It was wonderful. I so enjoyed the times I spent and learned lots of really important and interesting things.

I guess people didn't know very much about pedophiles back then. My mom once asked me, a few years ago, if anyone ever did anything inappropriate to me as she felt she was too trusting. She was very relieved to hear the answer was no.

It's very sad that I trusted no one with mine alone except my own parents.

This is an amazing story. I realized I was holding my breath when I got to the end.

I am SO GLAD you told him that you knew him and how you knew him. YOu NEVER know who, what, where and why.

I agree even as adults we can get too trusting. I've been in the home health nursing also and I can remember pulling up to see a patient who lived on a lake. The lake house right next to his on this beautiful sunny day had a very, very large man standing in the yard and he started to make small talk from across the drive and then INSISTED that I come inside to see his fishing rod collection.

Even after I said no he insisted.

Not wanting to be rude I went.

As SOON as I got inside the door his face changed and he stood between the door and me as if to block my exit.

I have no idea what went through his brain.

Nothing happened. He stepped to the side but I distinctly remember my brain going "OH NO! I'm in a really bad position here." That was nearly 20 years ago and the impression it made in my mind obviously never left.

You can imagine then how easy it would be to pressure a tiny child.

Yes. Now add to it if it were someone you knew just how the not wanting to be rude would add in. I'm glad you were ok.
I dont think times have changed. We are taught to be polite, that most people are basically good. So when that creepy uh-oh second happens, we are taken by surprise and try to instantly reconcile it in our minds that we are misreading something. I have finally decided (learned) that my impressions (in a dangerous situation) in a nano second are usually correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicolelynn92