GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there garages in the neighborhood? If so are they attached?

There are always many views from the same window. Sometimes letting go of our defensiveness opens our arms up to receive even more that life has to offer.

Initial reactions to grief and stress, information on reactions to bad news:

From the school of medicine:

http://www.medschool.lsuhsc.edu/medical_education/graduate/Core_Curriculum/Breaking Bad News.pdf

~~~

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/806280-overview

~

http://www.bbc.co.uk/relationships/coping_with_grief/terminalillness_adjusting.shtml

~

Apparently there's a gap stop on posting Wikipedia links on here? Can't get it to post. I do know that the information there is excellent on this subject.

Just go there and search, "Acute stress reaction". This is all EXCELLENT information and validates what I've been typing today.

Sorry I don't have any graphic colored photos to share. Just rock solid information from highly credible sources.

Never dawned on me for a second she could have been killed on the killers property.....I was totally fixated on a neutral location, vacant location where no one was around at the time........But you are 100 percent correct if that is what happened.

And here I have been assuming along that she was killed by someone who lives within a mile radius of her home, and that the crime was committed in the perp's home. I think it's likely that it was someone she felt comfortable with, or someone who was young enough for her not to think of them as a "stranger"

What do you teach your kids about stranger danger? Are other kids strangers? How old does a teenager/twenty something need to be before a 6 year old sees them as adults? I'm thinking my 6 year old daughter sees her adult cousins as "kids" and she considers herself on equal footing with them. She might not think of a late teen as a "Stranger," but rather as just another neighborhood kid to "play with"

We know Alanna regularly played with a 13 year old neighbor girl. KB,
so maybe she felt safe with "kids"

Never dawned on me for a second she could have been killed on the killers property.....I was totally fixated on a neutral location, vacant location where no one was around at the time........But you are 100 percent correct if that is what happened.

Like Breeann Rodriguez...

There have been posts about her telling someone not to come in her yard because they were strangers. If it was the parents of a playmate (Sandra Cantu) or a neighbor she knew by site (Breeann Rodriguez), I think she would be more trusting. She was barely six! She knew a stranger was someone she hadn't met before but to a kid, simply saying my name and calling them by names makes me no longer a stranger.

Attached garages.

Wondering if the perp possibly tricked Alanna into his/ her home to commit the crime. Maybe taking her to the garage , putting her in the garbage bag and lastly placing her outside. Imooooo

Interesting, that seems to be what happened to Ahlittia North's body as well. (Info from today's press conference starts here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216011&page=17)
Ahlittia is also 6 and described as a friendly outgoing girl who would have opened the door for a stranger.

It's a good long haul from DFW to Jefferson Parish, LA, though. Is it a direct route? Is there anything that might connect the towns?

Gosh, there is a lot that connects LA and TX. Don't forget Bradley Levigne (sp?) who abducted and murdered poor Mickey Schunick. He had a wake of evil that crossed both states.

Hey Everybody - please back off the witnesses now. They are witnesses and victims until/unless LE or MSM tell us otherwise.

I know that limits the speculation - but these guys are victims until there is info otherwise, not to mention they are kids. Don't GO THERE.

Salem

Stranger is a really difficult concept to teach. Letter carrier, store clerk, teacher, teenager,

Kids love teenagers.

As a teacher, I did lessons on stranger danger. I asked them if I saw them on the street, would they take a ride with me? They always said, "yes."

I told them that if they have not asked their parents, they can never go with ANYONE, even me.

The best thing to tell kids is that they go with no one, not even a police officer. No one without asking a parent first.

And it's further complicated by the fact that MOST child molestation cases are committed by a relative, so the "Stranger Danger" isn't even the biggest or worst fear. I worry about my daughter playing with her 19 and 20 year old male cousins. Not because I don't trust them, but because they tickle her, they roll around on the floor with her. She lets her dress fly up and forgets to keep her panties hidden. I don't want to mess with her very good/happy/positive relationship with them, but, I want her to be wary of the need for modesty, and I want to be careful of the line of appropriate. But I dont want to stop her! What I try to do is simply always stay with earshot, and do frequent visual checks. That way everyone knows I'm close by. I also try to give my modesty lectures to her privately so that I don't embarrass her in front of them. My point in explaining all this is simply how complicated it all is! She doesn't think twice about being in her shorty pajamas in front of her big brothers or Daddy, but is it okay with an uncle who's staying over? Anyway. It's hard. If it's hard for me to know exactly where the line should be, you know it's hard for a six year old. I'm sure it was fuzzy for Alanna too, especially since she seemed to be out and about in the neighborhood often, I bet there were lots of people in the neighborhood she didn't think of as "strangers."

ETA: I just saw Salem's post. I want to clarify that I'm not referring to anyone in particular at all, just the possibility that there were older teens or young adults in the neighborhood that she knew. Probably people who lived very NEAR her. Didn't I read she was allowed a 1 block perimeter from her house?

Stranger is a really difficult concept to teach. Letter carrier, store clerk, teacher, teenager,

Kids love teenagers.

As a teacher, I did lessons on stranger danger. I asked them if I saw them on the street, would they take a ride with me? They always said, "yes."

I told them that if they have not asked their parents, they can never go with ANYONE, even me.

The best thing to tell kids is that they go with no one, not even a police officer. No one without asking a parent first.

When I was walking to school in Jr high my older brothers best friend dad asked if I wanted a ride to school. Although I had never met him I knew who he was plus he was a judge. I accepted. Once I got in the car and we started driving away I told him how I knew him. He seemed so surprised because he did not know who I was! I wonder what would have happened had I not told him I knew who he was! He had no business picking up a little girl he didnt know.
Youngsters can be trusting to no more than a familiar face.
jmo

sorry to beat this dead horse... i posted about trying to dump my kids out of the truck (ha!)... well today we went swimming at the neighbors and i rode back on the tailgate... well, sitting back there is a different perspective, but it confirmed in my mind that Alanna did not simply fall out. even when hubby got silly and sped up, i didnt even come close to falling off. i weigh a bit over 100 lbs... sure, i was sitting up... but i really, really dont think it was an accident.

which made me think... perp left her there in an attempt for attention, shock value. is this why le is so quiet, not giving him what he wants? hmmm...

My main problem with a perp dropping her off in the middle of an intersection for shock value is the need for attention versus the risk of getting caught. I know some psychologists might argue that people like this want to be caught, but eh, I don't think so in this case. There's nothing really significant, in terms of symbolic, about the intersection except that it's not private. Most killers either leave the bodies of their victims where they are or hide the bodies of their victims. I can't think of a child who was murdered whose body was left on display. This child was dumped on a residential street. IMHO, it doesn't seem like this was for attention. It seems like this was more desperation/hurried/panic-driven.

sorry to beat this dead horse... i posted about trying to dump my kids out of the truck (ha!)... well today we went swimming at the neighbors and i rode back on the tailgate... well, sitting back there is a different perspective, but it confirmed in my mind that Alanna did not simply fall out. even when hubby got silly and sped up, i didnt even come close to falling off. i weigh a bit over 100 lbs... sure, i was sitting up... but i really, really dont think it was an accident.

which made me think... perp left her there in an attempt for attention, shock value. is this why le is so quiet, not giving him what he wants? hmmm...

Couldn't that be risky though...if perp decides to kill again because "Now they'll pay attention to me"? And if LE thought that talking to the public would help/solve the case, why would they not do that? Just because they don't want the perp to get attention? I think it would be worth it if media coverage helped to solve the case.

Then I hope they know who it is and are watching him. Otherwise he/she just might do it again in an attempt for attention and shock value.
jmo

Also, if we want to get into the psychology of this crime -- if someone was dumping her body on the street for attention, then why not dump her body without covering. Based on the reports that have been cobbled together, this child was wrapped in bags and a tarp, which indicates the killer's desire to conceal her.

If all of this was for attention, I think her body would have been left without covering. There are a lot of layers of concealment, though, based on the 911 calls and reports and whatnot (tape, bag over her head, tarp, etc.).

I have thought about this. I'm not sure it was for shock value. I think they wanted her to be found quickly for different reasons.

Also I've thought about my "clever" perp theory. Usually there aren't traffic cameras in neighborhoods at stop signs, you only get them at big high traffic intersections. Perhaps our perp was avoiding being caught on camera. To dump her in a dumpster behind a business would risk being seen by surveillance cameras. If the perp took her far away S/he would have been missed from being gone too long, AND driven through multiple intersections with cameras.

Didn't we discuss up-thread somewhere that the place in the street where she was dumped was blocked from view from most of the houses? Or at least the passenger's side of the car was facing into a fence I believe. It may have been more private than we think.

This may be graphic, (I never know what's graphic to some, because I'm not squeamish) if you load her into the tarp and into the car inside a garage, then you could prop her on the floor of the vehicle, leaning against the door, so that her weight would slide out onto the curb when you stop at the stop sign and quickly open the passenger door and slide her out. 1, 2, 3, done. I think you could do that very quickly. She was at a STOP sign wasn't she? Goin back to double check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024