GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet the behavioral analyst for the FBI are busy.

To start a fiberglass bumper on fire I'd think there would be a fuel flame of some kind. The pic of the car being towed away today had no bumper and there was a big black burnt mess on the driveway.

The bumper covers on the Ford Taurus are primarily made of fiberglass molding.

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/how_5927995_replace-ford-taurus-bumper-cover.html#ixzz2ZYSJxZoh

I know what you mean, greenpalm. Especially in the age of the "vigil"--I can think of several recent cases off the top of my head where the perp was photographed/videotaped being at a vigil for the victim.

After trying to figure out what house took the surveillance video myself.... I'm sitting here thinking is it really a good idea to post which house has cameras on it? If the perp was the same one who set the fires would they be bold enough to do something to this house?

I would not be surprised at all that LE has spoken to the perp or that one of the parents knocked on their door while Alanna was still there, I posted my thought in the other thread.
This could have been when the perp knew he had to dispose of her in a hurry and get back home waiting for LE to knock on his or her door.

I have the picture up on the computer and asking my hubby ( who works with cars) if he can tell what kind they are. He is sleeping now so he will see it in the morning. Me, all I can say is its a car that works.

I was just talking about this to my husband.

Clearly LE KNOWS what kind of cars these are. So… what ARE they after?

I think BeginnersLuck has a good thought here. Maybe these photos will leave the perp wondering, "What else do they have on camera?"

But then again… if they really had anything there would be an arrest.

I have to take them at their word up to a certain point. They've gone over all the hours of footage, and they've identified and spoken with every other car captured on video that day, except these two, and now they want to tie up loose ends by finding who was in these cars. Maybe they saw something.
I think some residents on Babbling Brook saw these cars stopped at or near the Gallaghers' residence. They may have seen these cars before July 1st.

I think some residents on Babbling Brook saw these cars stopped at or near the Gallaghers' residence. They may have seen these cars before July 1st.

Could be that someone gave a very vague description of a car in a very suspicious place/at a very suspicious time/doing something unusual -- and these two cars are the closest to what was described that have shown up on any surveillance.

How does one start a car on fire?

I can see if the car was unlocked and they started the upholstery on fire.

But, I think an accelerant would have to be used. I think cars are made so they don't burn that well or is that just airplane?

Was someone walking around with what? to start a fire.

Gasoline explodes when it starts a fire.

I just don't get how you would start a car on fire unless the person could open the hood and ? But, what about the danger to yourself when starting the fire?

If I really wanted to do some damage, I'd get a rag and stuff it in the gas tank leaving a bit hanging out. Then I'd use a lighter and torch up the end hanging out. Turning the car into a giant bomb.

Or, I'd fill a glass wine bottle with gas stuff a rag in one end, light it up and throw it through the windshield.

Is this speculation/opinion, or based on something specific?

The first car appears to be a Mazda 3, and the 2nd, older looking car is probably a Mitsubishi Galant or Diamonte (1990's model). I know a lot about cars and these are both foreign, and definately not a Ford Crown Vic....too small. MHO

IMO it's a Mitsubishi Lancer and an older model Accord.

I'd put money on the Lancer, as I have owned several Mitsubishi's and can recognize them in a heartbeat. The Accord I'm not as certain about - definitely too small to be a Crown Vic.

Everyone has a different answer. If someone could do a list of each possibility posters have discussed, I could try to do side by sides. I;m not too savvy, though, with that stuff but I can try.

I spent a long time trying just now but when i tried to post it kept rejecting my post saying the characters were too long! Not sure what's up with that.

If we go with the Sierra Lamar case, LE had the car in their possession, yet they put pics out of the type of car and were asking for help from the public.

So who knows what is up.

I hope that LE in fact does know who did it and is doing these steps for their reasons that we do not know about.

With Sierra Lamar, they had the car and the perp's DNA. I forget how long it took to arrest him, but it was quite awhile. They even matched him to some other crimes.

Can anyone quickly recap the events of Sierra to see if this is going a similar route so we can feel confident that the perp is inches away from the orange jumpsuit?

I think in some cases, LE has a suspect in their sight and releases surveillance video of them to bring forward witnesses. I didn't follow the Sierra Lamar case but perhaps that's what happened, they had the car but needed witnesses to place it at a location/time/person. I'm thinking of the Jill Meagher case again (as I often do), they released video of the suspect even though they had a good idea who it was. They needed an airtight case against him and I think they were appealing for witnesses who were also seen on the footage to come forward.

Everyone has a different answer. If someone could do a list of each possibility posters have discussed, I could try to do side by sides. I;m not too savvy, though, with that stuff but I can try.

I spent a long time trying just now but when i tried to post it kept rejecting my post saying the characters were too long! Not sure what's up with that.

Because you were too wordy, possibly. Just kidding with you.

I think when my pm's in and out get to long I've had many of those messages. Over 7600 characters or something like that. hth

I think in some cases, LE has a suspect in their sight and releases surveillance video of them to bring forward witnesses. I didn't follow the Sierra Lamar case but perhaps that's what happened, they had the car but needed witnesses to place it at a location/time/person. I'm thinking of the Jill Meagher case again (as I often do), they released video of the suspect even though they had a good idea who it was. They needed an airtight case against him and I think they were appealing for witnesses who were also seen on the footage to come forward.

Perhaps it's more to rule them out.

Wasn't there a poster that said that street was a shortcut and many people cut through?

I still cannot figure out how you start a car on fire.

The consensus on the net seems to be that fiberglass is not a good burner.

Here is a scientific article that says in one of the first paragraphs that fiberglass does not burn. I think they are referring to the insulation,

http://strong.groups.et.byu.net/pages/articles/articles/flammabilityart.pdf

Other articles, not scientific, referring to boats, say that the fiberglass does not burn, but the resin does.

Think about your car and how you would start it on fire? That is if you could not douse the interior with something or squirt stuff all over the engine part.

So how was it done?

Perhaps it's more to rule them out.

Wasn't there a poster that said that street was a shortcut and many people cut through?

Bridle Trail is a shortcut. I use it often and so do a lot of other people. I have never used Babbling Brook as a shortcut.

Because you were too wordy, possibly. Just kidding with you.

I think when my pm's in and out get to long I've had many of those messages. Over 7600 characters or something like that. hth

I had photos of the various cars. I don;t know how to do thumbnails so the photos are just right in the post. I think they made the post have too many characters?

Did you see the scanner thread? A couple of possible accelerants were mentioned. I may not be understanding your slant, though--clearly the car did burn, so it's possible. And you can access the engine compartment from underneath.

I had photos of the various cars. I don;t know how to do thumbnails so the photos are just right in the post. I think they made the post have too many characters?

Go to Advanced editing mode, click the paper clip, upload them as attachments?

I still cannot figure out how you start a car on fire.

The consensus on the net seems to be that fiberglass is not a good burner.

Here is a scientific article that says in one of the first paragraphs that fiberglass does not burn. I think they are referring to the insulation,

http://strong.groups.et.byu.net/pages/articles/articles/flammabilityart.pdf

Other articles, not scientific, referring to boats, say that the fiberglass does not burn, but the resin does.

Think about your car and how you would start it on fire? That is if you could not douse the interior with something or squirt stuff all over the engine part.

So how was it done?

I know people that have torched cars. I've outlined how its done correctly above.

This fire IMO was started with some sort of accelerant in a plastic bottle ignited and placed under the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14