DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SaginawCar.jpg

Mistubishi galant 94'
images

Diamonte 94'
images

I know people that have torched cars. I've outlined how its done correctly above.

This fire IMO was started with some sort of accelerant in a plastic bottle ignited and placed under the car.

Hopefully, fingerprints will be all over that bottle.

I got nothing as far as identifying cars. I can only identify cars that I really really would love to own or have owned.

My husband and son tease me about it.

I appreciate those of you that can and do.

I still am wondering what the accelerant could be?

Here is an article on gasoline from Snopes.

Gasoline is not flammable - snopes.com

Someone crawled under the car with what?

To me, this would take some research.

It's not the gas, it's the fumes. The bottle isn't full of gas...about halfway .... and a wick of some sort. Like a rag. It's the "headspace" that's flammable.

I was just talking about this to my husband.

Clearly LE KNOWS what kind of cars these are. So… what ARE they after?

I think BeginnersLuck has a good thought here. Maybe these photos will leave the perp wondering, "What else do they have on camera?"

But then again… if they really had anything there would be an arrest.

I have to take them at their word up to a certain point. They've gone over all the hours of footage, and they've identified and spoken with every other car captured on video that day, except these two, and now they want to tie up loose ends by finding who was in these cars. Maybe they saw something.

This is a ruse imo.
all LE is doing is showing the perp there are cameras.
jmo

I still cannot figure out how you start a car on fire.

The consensus on the net seems to be that fiberglass is not a good burner.

Here is a scientific article that says in one of the first paragraphs that fiberglass does not burn. I think they are referring to the insulation,

http://strong.groups.et.byu.net/pages/articles/articles/flammabilityart.pdf

Other articles, not scientific, referring to boats, say that the fiberglass does not burn, but the resin does.

Think about your car and how you would start it on fire? That is if you could not douse the interior with something or squirt stuff all over the engine part.

So how was it done?

Neighbors around the corner from me had two cars torched. Whoever did it poured gasoline all over the outside and it totaled both vehicles. The gasoline will still burn until it burns off but it may not keep burning if it's just on the exterior of the vehicle and not inside or underneath. The bumper on the vehicle they towed looked like it melted to me. JMO

I got nothing as far as identifying cars. I can only identify cars that I really really would love to own or have owned.

My husband and son tease me about it.

I appreciate those of you that can and do.

Same here! However I love fast cars. Can spot em!!!

If you go to google images, there's two Ford Taurus that have caught on fire and there's no bumper for an example of KG's towed car today. Just the metal left that the bumper attaches onto is left. Looks the same to me. I can only link a really burnt up one. The other is on a vehicle forum.

475342_Taurus_Remains_1.jpg

Is anyone else having trouble refreshing pages with websleuths or Tapatalk?

So why are they looking for two small cars? What happened to the red truck or vans they were supposedly looking for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli