GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please tell me what the scanner thread is and how I would find it? I just joined a couple of days ago and a lot of people have mentioned it...

It is a private (members-only) thread in "The Parking Lot" section (look at the forums index page while logged in).

I am not sure how long you have to have been a member to access the private forums -- you can give it a try, though.

Rule is: Nothing is brought back to the public thread from the scanner thread, I believe.

Think this should link you, if you are qualified to access and are logged in:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
And just to add to Backwoods' info, for Bar2121 and all new members who visit the scanner forum, please make this link your first stop.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

aww Alanna's mom. No words but I'm sorry this happened to Alanna and your family. Truely heartbreaking to watch. Please protect this neighborhood.

:tears:

Thank-you, Annie, excellent post.

If the murderer is the arsonist, we can assume that he stalks and watches, since LG told us in her interview upthread that they had just retired for the night, when they awoke (presumably from the sound sleep she also started they were in), so, the perp knew they had gone to bed before he set fire.

If we assume stalking and watching, the initial contact site and time could be early afternoon. If the perp was watching Alanna and watching that she was loosely guarded, he was just biding time in the neighborhood.

If either of the black cars is driven by the murderer, I bet they are on camera at different times thought the afternoon, filmed more than once.

As for 2 different black cars, I think LE knows that one of them is not suspicious. But, they want the broadest range of tips on this subject, so, they have released multiple images.

JMO

I think these are excellent thoughts! It would definitely explain why LE released these two photos. And releasing one that is not at all suspected, kinda like a lineup, makes a lot of sense.

So why are they looking for two small cars? What happened to the red truck or vans they were supposedly looking for?

No one knows. We waited days for info and got.......
2 dark cars that imo look similar. :)

No mention of the possible time the cars were captured on cc.
NO mention of the red truck.
Imo

I don't look good in orange and require a queen size good quality mattress with memory foam and min 500 thread count sheets.... And a tub,

So.... I will not be doing any experiments until prison can accommodate me in the manner which I'm accustomed;)

Linda! Lololol :floorlaugh:

Lingering! Ok that word changes things a bit for me .
Lingering means the cars stayed in that particular area...
they didnt just drive through.

Did the cars linger in front of a certain house.....
or drive up and down the street. What?

If the potential perp was seen lingering in the area, it sounds like they could have been looking for a potential victim to snatch. Or if the perp has some connection to the Gallagher family, they knew Alanna goes out to play on her own and waited in the area for the opportunity to snatch her.

Regarding the 2 fires, I'm hoping the perp was caught on the surveillance camera walking or driving down the street. The camera is at the opposite end of the street to where the memorial was and the Gallagher's house is half way between these 2 points. So unless the perp walked/drove from Silverbrook, set fire to the car and then turned around towards Silverbrook again then he/she/they should have been captured on that CCTV camera providing it has a nightvision mode.

RSBM
If the potential perp was seen lingering in the area, it sounds like they could have been looking for a potential victim to snatch. Or if the perp has some connection to the Gallagher family, they knew Alanna goes out to play on her own and waited in the area for the opportunity to snatch her.

Perhaps the perp drove through, saw Alanna out playing and then lingered long enough to catch her alone. Maybe they even drove around the block multiple times waiting for an opportunity.

Maybe they have footage from Cindy/Roundrock as well, and a car like these. (They look similar to me too) was seen in that location as well. Perhaps the vehicles that appeared in both locations were few.

I know some links have been posted way up thread. I believe IBsleuthin posted some, possibly this very link. But I didn't find as many get involved in the investigation as I thought. But it does say the killer's name is almost always in the police files within the first week, so that much supports my opinion that police have already spoken with the killer.

There is a long list of typical child killer qualities at the link. It's pretty informative.

http://itsamysterytome.wordpress.com/profile-of-a-child-killer-their-victims/

10% of the child killers interjected themselves into the actual murder investigation.

In the initial study, the name of the killer was almost always in police files within the first week. When the supplemental cases were studied, that proved to no longer be the case. (does that mean the killers are getting smarter?)

Police usually have contact with the killer before he becomes a primary suspect.

I know some links have been posted way up thread. I believe IBsleuthin posted some, possibly this very link. But I didn't find as many get involved in the investigation as I thought. But it does say the killer's name is almost always in the police files within the first week, so that much supports my opinion that police have already spoken with the killer.

There is a long list of typical child killer qualities at the link. It's pretty informative.

http://itsamysterytome.wordpress.com/profile-of-a-child-killer-their-victims/

Oh, it has to be in the files in the first week. I agree. jmo

Weird statement from our fave Saginaw policeman about the two cars:

"Most vehicles come into the neighborhood and leave. These for some reason do not."

Police said the vehicles lingered in the area for some time.

http://www.wfaa.com/home/Saginaw-po...ch-for-suspects-in-girls-death-216222331.html

Weird. I guess they don't think they were just visiting someone??

This sounds like more than just random potential witnesses. But unless there were two cars involved in the crime, at least one and possibly both of them have perfectly innocent reasons for lingering. I am going to take LE's statement at face value and assume that LE didn't throw in an extra car for "line-up" purposes. I would hope LE would have figured out by now if the owners of the vehicles lived in the neighborhood. So perhaps at least one car was someone visiting in that neighborhood. Off the top of my head, I can't think of another likely innocent reason for lingering in a suburban neighborhood in a privately owned car (although there are lots of unlikely but completely innocent possibilities).

Someone mentioned that they thought the second car had tinted windows. Do others agree? Again, I do think it's an extreme long shot that there is any connection, but the dark sedan that abducted Opal Jennings had tinted windows (again, even if there were some connection, I don't have any reason to think it would be the same car after 14 years, just a perp preference).

Of course, if the Opal Jennings case is related, LE is completely wrong in saying that the case is isolated and Saginaw is safe. I hope LE is right and has evidence to back that up.

Where exaclty did they linger?

I hope this investigation is including at least the Ft. Worth area too. Lay it on thick FBI! Spread the word.

jmo

IF one of these cars belongs to the perp, I think it blows the theory that Alana was accidentally left where they found her. JMO

IF one of these cars belongs to the perp, I think it blows the theory that Alana was accidentally left where they found her. JMO

I believe, after quite a bit of discussion, most posters here have concluded that she was intentionally left in that location. Perhaps not planned to be left there, it may have been in a moment of panic, but I certainly don't think it's likely she fell off of a vehicle, or otherwise was accidentally left against the curb near the stop sign where she was found at Roundrock and Cindy.

The new article also states that LE believes the 2 fires may be separately caused, with the memorial fire accidentally started by a candle.

A local security company has donated the installation of a camera to the Gallaghers. The Gallaghers had ordered one by mid-morning yesterday, they do not want to move.

http://www.wfaa.com/home/Saginaw-police-release-images-of-vehicles-in-search-for-suspects-in-girls-death-216222331.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli