GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.atg.wa.gov/uploadedFiles...)/Child_Abduction_Murder_Research/CMIIPDF.pdf
(Research on Child Abduction Murders)

Based on what I've read in this report, I think that LE is trying to establish the Initial Contact location and time. (Can't cut and paste from the report so I'll summarize) On pg73 they talk about the Initial Contact site (between victim and killer) is the single most important piece in successfully solving the crime. (This is statistical now, not individual cases). (Identifying this site correlated with an 80% solve rate). In approx 80% of cases, Initial contact site was within 1//4 mi of victims last known location. (In 64% of cases distance between Last known location and Initial contact site was less than 200 ft.)

. I am guessing that someone told LE that they saw a black 4-dr sedan in the area, and these are the two possible vehicles from the video they have and have not been able to account for or locate yet.

JMO

Whoever it was who thought it was two pictures of the same car -- don't feel bad. They're both standard mid-size family sedans, probably either Japanese or American, with very little distinctive about them.

I'm just hazarding a guess here and JMHO.

Looking at the shadows of the trees---I'd guess a time frame of 11 AM to 3 PM. To put a finer point on it 12ish to 2ish. But I'm going with the 11 to 3 because I don't know which direction this camera is facing or which way the street runs for sure. All just speculation.

I'd agree w/ you & Pensfan on this. That house & camera face E/NE. There's practically no shadow from the cars on the road and the shadow of the trees is almost directly under them.

Looking at the shadows of the trees---I'd guess a time frame of 11 AM to 3 PM. To put a finer point on it 12ish to 2ish. But I'm going with the 11 to 3 because I don't know which direction this camera is facing or which way the street runs for sure. All just speculation.
Exactly. Going with the wider 11-3 timeframe, and figuring in daylight saving time, we're talking about Noon-4.

What time did the media report that a witness may have allegedly seen her earlier that day? TIA. Just curious and can't remember.

The camera is facing East. See my post here for the location of the camera: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 01 July 2013 - #8

Regarding the fires...if only one of these incidents had happened, I would have guessed that:

- the torching of the car was to get rid of potential evidence that might be found in a thorough forensic search (e.g., particles from the tarp)

- the torching of the memorial was to remove a painful reminder. My thinking is that whoever killed Alanna has to regularly pass by that memorial and he couldn't stand seeing it.

But I don't really see those two motives fitting together.

I'd agree w/ you & Pensfan on this. That house & camera face E/NE. There's practically no shadow from the cars on the road and the shadow of the trees is almost directly under them.

Thank you Gingerz. Then the one picture that shows the shadow as crisp with very little footprint is definitely noon*ish*. Close enough to call it noon. The other picture I would say might be between noon and 1ish more than likely.

Off topic: My Grandfather had a significant role in raising me. He was from the Appalachian Mtns. He taught me how to tell where I was going if I ever got lost in the woods. And how to skin a squirrel too. lol. I'm just speculating about the time. I do think it really is around that time though. all JMHO.

Exactly. Going with the wider 11-3 timeframe, and figuring in daylight saving time, we're talking about Noon-4.

LOL Bessie! I forgot all about Daylight Savings time thanks! (I lived in a time zone that didn't have it for a few years) :)

I don't recall who the brilliant person was that mentioned the shadows, but they were right. It's around 12 noon in these photos.

Where is LDhummingbird this evening? Maybe she has some insider info or thoughts on this release.

:blush: aw shucks. Brilliant? Thanks.

Yup, I'd agree, that's why I said midday. :)

Maybe it's just a reflection, but on car 1 (w/spoiler) near the left rear taillight there appears to be a decal, bumper sticker or something... it shows up on my screen looking yellow/green. Anyone else see this or am I all alone?

lol... maybe it is just "this side" of the left rear taillight. I dunno'?

I thought police had been asking people about a black van a few weeks ago.

Is it safe to assume that the two cars do not belong to anyone in the neighborhood and that nobody in the neighborhood recognizes them as belonging to someone who has visited?

I am not laughing at your post. Just being sarcastic here.

Safe to assume? Um, no.

Remember when we wondered why we were forced to learn all of those science, math, physics concepts in school?

It is good some of us were actually paying attention. Thanks dandan!

Does anyone else see what I see in the second photo? I've been trying to enhance it for half an hour and I'm going cross-eyed. xD

I see a person in a purple shirt and tan/cream pants/shorts in the circled area. Looks like they're bending down, maybe to see into the car, maybe riding a scooter. Could be Alanna, or some other kid, or even an adult - the head is obscured by the tree. :\

R7gRihU.jpg

Also in the previous thread the lady who saw a strange man in her driveway at 2am who then entered an house further up the road, I wonder what kind of car is on his driveway, and if it matches up with these that were released in the surveillance pictures.

There's a black truck and a black SUV in the driveway at night, no idea what might be parked in the garage.

:blush: aw shucks. Brilliant? Thanks.

Yup, I'd agree, that's why I said midday. :)

I'm sorry greenpalm. I didn't realize you had already said it was midday. I saw the pics at about 6 PM and posted it looked like noonish in the pics but then the pizza guy got here so I signed off to eat with the kids. I didn't read the thread and just came back to where I left off. :)

Do we have a separate thread for timeline or is it here somewhere? Thanks in advance!

Does anyone else see what I see in the second photo? I've been trying to enhance it for half an hour and I'm going cross-eyed. xD

I see a person in a purple shirt and tan/cream pants/shorts in the circled area. Looks like they're bending down, maybe to see into the car, maybe riding a scooter. Could be Alanna, or some other kid, or even an adult - the head is obscured by the tree. :\

R7gRihU.jpg

There's a black truck and a black SUV in the driveway at night, no idea what might be parked in the garage.

I looked at that, I thought at first it was a person too, but if you look at the other photo there is a droop of leaves that come down in that location. I believe the colors are digital artifacts.

I'm a pretty serious photographer, even though I don't get paid for it.

Digital artifact - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

R7gRihU.jpg

I did think that too, but if you look at the other picture with the different car, there are leaves in exactly the same position as that weird spot in this picture. I think the purple is just a colourisation issue as it's at other points in the picture too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member