GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/07/22/5019169/saginaw-police-looking-for-drivers.html

Agents from the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives are assisting in the arson investigation

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/0...police-looking-for-drivers.html#storylink=cpy

Does anybody else find this strange? Does ATF usually investigate small fires in driveways, even driveways where a murdered child lived?

Maybe it is considered an act of terrorism? Do they investigate those?

Maybe it was a molotov cocktail or similar device that started the fire at the house. JMO

ATF can be brought in to assist with cases of arson. I know they have assisted on arson cases around here in the past. I would imagine with this particular case, the locals are using every resource they have available. JMO

How cruel do you have to be to fire bomb the house of a family whose baby was recently murdered? Just wicked. I hope the ATF can help find this person. We now have a murderer AND an arsonist walking around freely, getting away with their crimes. Frustrating!

LDhummingbird, was Alanna a red-head? It looks dark auburn in some photos and absolutely flaming red in the bluebonnet pictures. Sweet lovely girl. It doesn't matter for the case, but we talked about it earlier before you joined us, and I'd like to know.

Thank you.

No, her hair was a medium brown. Warm, but not red.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/07/22/5019169/saginaw-police-looking-for-drivers.html

Agents from the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives are assisting in the arson investigation

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/0...police-looking-for-drivers.html#storylink=cpy

Does anybody else find this strange? Does ATF usually investigate small fires in driveways, even driveways where a murdered child lived?

It's completely unnerving that there are that many departments investigating and we haven't been informed of any progress on either incident. I was certain that at least the arsonist would have been discovered. Makes me think the authorities are just messing it up on many levels. I wonder if the rest of Saginaw feels the same? I certainly hope that the silence means they have it in the bag. Or is at least a clever ploy to draw the criminal out. (Though that idea frightens me to the core.)

ATF is typically involved in arson that may have been in the commission of high profile felonies, or related to high profile felonies. It's not odd that they are involved. JMO.

It's completely unnerving that there are that many departments investigating and we haven't been informed of any progress on either incident. I was certain that at least the arsonist would have been discovered. Makes me think the authorities are just messing it up on many levels. I wonder if the rest of Saginaw feels the same? I certainly hope that the silence means they have it in the bag. Or is at least a clever ploy to draw the criminal out. (Though that idea frightens me to the core.)

I honestly don't think LE, The FBI, Texas Rangers, ATF and whoever else...could all be messing up this investigation. They can't create evidence. What if the right evidence, just isn't there? OR, the evidence simply doesn't hit in the database? They might have mounds of evidence, but if there is no one to tie it to...

LDhummingbird,

It was stated by a neighbor in a media report, that Alanna was caught up in a tree in her front yard. When the neighbor came to help her, Alanna said that strangers weren't allowed in her yard (or words to that effect).

Do you know if Alanna had been taught about "Stranger Danger"?

Was there someone in particular in the neighborhood that the children were told to beware of?

Your insight in this would be greatly appreciated. TIA

No, BATFE doesn't usually get involved in "routine" arson cases as local LE, FD, and insurance investigators can handle most of these. Their involvement could be because of the association w/ her murder, perhaps incendiary device or accelerant used (as Matou suggested), or maybe because of other things found in course of investigation?

That's per "GingerzPapa", who has a buddy that's an agent......FWIW.

LDhummingbird,

It was stated by a neighbor in a media report, that Alanna was caught up in a tree in her front yard. When the neighbor came to help her, Alanna said that strangers weren't allowed in her yard (or words to that effect).

Do you know if Alanna had been taught about "Stranger Danger"?

Was there someone in particular in the neighborhood that the children were told to beware of?

Your insight in this would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Yes, Alanna was aware of stranger danger. To my knowledge, they hadn't been warned away from anyone in particular.

I honestly don't think LE, The FBI, Texas Rangers, ATF and whoever else...could all be messing up this investigation. They can't create evidence. What if the right evidence, just isn't there? OR, the evidence simply doesn't hit in the database? They might have mounds of evidence, but if there is no one to tie it to...

That terrifies me....not that I was ever drinking the "isolated/perfectly safe" Kool-Aid.

DNA should be completed by now, but toxicology (for autopsy - still haven't released COD) could still be pending.......I just hope they are only waiting for a few last pieces to feel like they have a case and can move forward with charges.

not strange to me... there are already federal agencies investigating and as another poster said this was an act of arson (which happened during an investigation the fbi is a part of)

I would not expect less really.

Yes, Alanna was aware of stranger danger. To my knowledge, they hadn't been warned away from anyone in particular.

I've been wondering if Alanna could be lured into a car or house, and I think we just can't know for certain. She did a good job with the neighbor (when she was up on the tree), but that neighbor wasn't a perp. Perps know how to get around defenses... "Can you help me find my lost puppy?" etc. There's also the possibility that the perp was someone that Alanna wouldn't consider a "stranger" and also the possibility that it was a forceful abduction (like Opal Jennings).

the agencies that are currently involved are known to not share with the public unless they need something from the public. :twocents: Not sure if you are familiar with the Sierra LaMar case? That was a really good example of how quiet to the public was not the "volume" if you will, of the investigation (it also involved small leaks of photos if they needed further public assistance). Not sure that is happening here but given the agencies involved I would not be surprised. :twocents::twocents:

That terrifies me....not that I was ever drinking the "isolated/perfectly safe" Kool-Aid.

DNA should be completed by now, but toxicology (for autopsy - still haven't released COD) could still be pending.......I just hope they are only waiting for a few last pieces to feel like they have a case and can move forward with charges.

They took a medications list, whatever that means , when they searched the Gallagher home, vehicles.

How long does it take to get toxicology back?

You're right, toxicology takes time & could be pending and IDK, but I think they are not releasing the COD for other reasons...???

You're right, toxicology takes time & could be pending and IDK, but I think they are not releasing the COD for other reasons...???

Curious because I genuinely have no clue....

How long can they keep records sealed? At some point they have to release the info to people who request it, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214