GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
they sent toxicology (which is normal) and they got a normal list of any meds she was taking (also normal) or any meds in the home that she could get her hands on (also normal) to match what would show up in her system imhoo as a nurse.

That does not mean that once the tox screen comes back they release it.

I would bet that (moo of course) they already know COD but they will not release it as it is info only the perp knows and not what the public needs to know at this time. They are trying to catch this person.

This reminds me a lot of sommer thompson's case actually. :twocents:

Curious because I genuinely have no clue....

How long can they keep records sealed? At some point they have to release the info to people who request it, right?

as long as they need to for their investigation and we will never hear it reported when they go back to court for seals, etc. This is about catching the perp at this point:twocents:

as long as they need to for their investigation and we will never hear it reported when they go back to court for seals, etc. This is about catching the perp at this point:twocents:

If they catch the guy (or lady), I wouldn't care. This no information, no arrest, no updates is maddening, though. The public can't help if they know nothing. I really hope the quiet means that they are just trying to tie up lose ends and they already know who.

Curious because I genuinely have no clue....

How long can they keep records sealed? At some point they have to release the info to people who request it, right?

No, not necessarily in an on-going investigation is usually the caveat.

they sent toxicology (which is normal) and they got a normal list of any meds she was taking (also normal) or any meds in the home that she could get her hands on (also normal) to match what would show up in her system imhoo as a nurse.

I would bet that (moo of course) they already know COD but they will not release it as it is info only the perp knows and not what the public needs to know at this time. They are trying to catch this person.

BBM -
I am thinking the same same...eerily familiar, but we'll see.

They may not know exactly where it is if they didn't do their Google homework like our team did. :)

Well, since LE released this photo they know exactly where it came from!

the agencies that are currently involved are known to not share with the public unless they need something from the public. :twocents: Not sure if you are familiar with the Sierra LaMar case? That was a really good example of how quiet to the public was not the "volume" if you will, of the investigation (it also involved small leaks of photos if they needed further public assistance). Not sure that is happening here but given the agencies involved I would not be surprised. :twocents::twocents:

That's right. It took three quiet months and then there was an arrest. I can't imagine LE is not working as hard as possible on this case. This is a baby girl. The kind of case that steels law enforcement officials' hearts and makes them determined to catch the perp.

If they catch the guy (or lady), I wouldn't care. This no information, no arrest, no updates is maddening, though. The public can't help if they know nothing. I really hope the quiet means that they are just trying to tie up lose ends and they already know who.

unfortunately for all of us waiting (actually fortunately for prosecution sake) no we do not hear anything unless they need help from the public. Right now they need help finding those two possible cars (that could be witness). Any other investigative details are usually held close to the vest for good reason :twocents::twocents:

Were those two cars near the site she was dumped? If so I bet they want more info to find out if she was dropped off or slid out of the truck (re: not where the perp intended to dump her)

If they were by the house I would think LE wants to know if they saw her being picked up, etc.

right now LE wants the public help on that information. (those two cars and of course the red truck which was out there from the start)

From what I've seen, 4-6 weeks (it's been 3). Per the below from WebMD, it can take "months".....

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/alcohol-abuse/features/the-truth-about-toxicology-tests
ERs and psych hospitals run toxicology screens on a sizable percentage of their patients. It only takes a few minutes to complete toxicology tests. Large hospitals can test for almost anything. Only tests for very obscure/uncommon "poisons" require an outside laboratory (results would take longer to return).

BBM - [/b]I am thinking the same same...eerily familiar, but we'll see.

And that one took five months. With DNA evidence. I guess we need to be patient.

Quote by Gitana1:

"There is a huge difference, IMO, (and as a long time former preschool teacher and daycare worker), between a child crying, throwing a fit/tantrum towards his or her parents when they are told they have to stop something fun they are doing and a child who sobs to neighbors when told it's time to go home. The ONLY time I have known children to act like that, something has been wrong at home. My opinion on that is strengthtened if that same, sobbing child covers her face with her hands and says "I really can;t say. I can't talk about it" when asked about her home life."

I absolutely agree that it raises questions when a child speaks like that about home. I just have to wonder about the backstory here. For all we know, the grandmother is a nosy gossip who asked Alanna all kinds of personal questions about her parents lifestyle. Maybe Alanna had been told by her parents that she doesn't have to answer personal questions if she isn't comfortable. Maybe she was told not to answer questions about her home life asked by this woman specifically. Alanna was at an age when she was probably realising that her family was different to her friends. I imagine that might be upsetting in and of itself, especially if she was a smart child as described.

The other thing that I wonder about in cases like these is how the media construes things. My guess is that reporters weren't asking neighbours for examples of when Alanna was happy with her parents or for signs that she was well cared for. They were probably asking questions like "Were there any signs that something was wrong at home?" Perfectly reasonable questions and I'm not saying the neighbours reports are wrong or that questions shouldn't be asked. I just think the media's agenda and the circumstances need to be taken into account. MOO.

No, BATFE doesn't usually get involved in "routine" arson cases as local LE, FD, and insurance investigators can handle most of these. Their involvement could be because of the association w/ her murder, perhaps incendiary device or accelerant used (as Matou suggested), or maybe because of other things found in course of investigation?

That's per "GingerzPapa", who has a buddy that's an agent......FWIW.

BATFE may not get involved in routine cases, but their accelerant detection canine and it's handler were likely involved. (There was a photo of a dog sniffing around the burn site.) This would qualify as "the BATFE is involved".

I think it's quite a lot older -- 1995-1999. Styles were boxier. I don't think it's a Lexus, either. It doesn't look big enough, for one thing.

I'm going to go with YOUR post...your name IS 'Carbuff' after all!!! :drumroll:

I'm sure this has already been linked (I'm playing catch up), but there were a few statements in this article today that I find interesting:

http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/07/22/5019169/saginaw-police-looking-for-drivers.html

1. "In addition to the two cars, police still were searching for the driver of a red pickup that was seen in the area about the time Alanna’s body was found."

So, we've wondered what happened to the initial interest in the truck......sounds like it is still there.

2. "Her partially nude body was found that evening in a black trash bag wrapped with tape and placed beneath a tarp at Roundrock Drive and Cindy Lane."

BBM. The second statement is more interesting to me: have we gained clear understanding yet whether the belt was around the tarp (& Alanna)?.....or only over the bag? If the latter, I find it highly unlikely that if she fell/slid out of a moving vehicle that the tarp would land over her. The word "placed" implies intent, but I get that the way it's written/reported may not be as precise as LE's interpretation of how she was found.

The red tape reported to be found on Alanna would hold forensic evidence. Hopefully fingerprints and certainly hair and fibers. Seems like you would need to be in a sterile lab to leave no evidence on tape. So, would they know by now what evidence the tape held?

The red tape reported to be found on Alanna would hold forensic evidence. Hopefully fingerprints and certainly hair and fibers. Seems like you would need to be in a sterile lab to leave no evidence on tape. So, would they know by now what evidence the tape held?
Gloves could have been worn. The tape would hold hair and fibers if there were hair and fibers for it "hold". A brand new role of tape directly used from it's plastic packaging wouldn't have hair and fibers stuck to it. <MODSNIP>

Gloves could have been worn. The tape would hold hair and fibers if there were hair and fibers for it "hold". A brand new role of tape straight from it's packaging wouldn't have hair and fibers stuck to it. <MODSNIP>

If I used a brand new role of tape in my home or car I think there would be fur or hair on it, even if I was very careful. I have pets and feel like fur is everywhere in my world. I forget it is not that way for everyone, lol!

ERs and psych hospitals run toxicology screens on a sizable percentage of their patients. It only takes a few minutes to complete toxicology tests. Large hospitals can test for almost anything. Only tests for very obscure/uncommon "poisons" require an outside laboratory (results would take longer to return).

That is correct. If you read the linked article though (or google re: forensic toxicology), there is apparently a difference between clinical toxicology (such as a hospital or reference lab would perform), and those performed for forensic purposes. I have no personal experience w/ the latter, but would agree that clinically many tox tests can be turned around rather quickly.

All I know is that in this case, COD is still pending and all we have to explain that is MSM article saying lab results including drugs (i.e., tox) were still pending.........

That is correct. If you read the linked article though (or google re: forensic toxicology), there is apparently a difference between clinical toxicology (such as a hospital or reference lab would perform), and those performed for forensic purposes. I have no personal experience w/ the latter, but would agree that clinically many tox tests can be turned around rather quickly.

All I know is that in this case, COD is still pending and all we have to explain that is MSM article saying lab results including drugs (i.e., tox) were still pending.........
There probably are tox tests that are still pending. They likely ran lab panels on hundreds of chemicals to be very thorough. Are any of these chemicals and obscure poisons likely to have caused Alanna's death? Not in my opinion.

I check in now and again, still looking for answers, ~sigh~

There probably are tox tests that are still pending. They likely ran lab panels on hundreds of chemicals to be very thorough. Are any of these chemicals and obscure poisons likely to have caused Alanna's death? Not in my opinion.

Probably not. The only other experience I can contribute (again, from clinical lab perspective only) is that when certain tests are positive.....for example, an STD such as chlamydia or gonorrhea.......it's a requirement (legislative) that it is run in duplicate (twice) before the positive result is reported. I would hope that in forensics they "CYA" at least this much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties