GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey on a serious note, if the bullet damaged his brain and he's no longer with the program, would there be a trial? Is determining competency about at the time of the crime or at the time of the trial ? tia

I have been away and don't know if anyone addressed it earlier. I am curious to know whether the surveillance videos were actually released to make him think LE had video evidence that he was the perp. That way, he might confess. That is why I am curious to know the location of the cameras.

I'm thinking he had help with the disposal, that's why they are trying to identify the driver of one of the two cars. I don't think the helper is going to come out and say "hey that's me."

Questions about the capital arrest warrant:

1) Is it really legal to try a 17 year old for the death penalty in Texas?! (I mean, it must be, or they wouldn't have been able to serve a capital warrant. But wow. We don't put anyone to death here, let alone 17 year olds. Again - this guy was sick, sick, sick and IMO deserves to never be free again. But 17 year old boys are notoriously bad at life, and make dumb choices all the time. Mix in some psycho tendencies and you get this. Ugh.)

2) If he DOES have the mental condition/disability he is rumored to have, does can they still go for the death penalty? Doesn't a mental disability preclude you from capital murder charges?

So we learn it takes 2-3 weeks for DNA to be processed in what I assume would be a rushed priority. We're over two decades into this technology I wish there was a way to speed that up, like instead of spending tens of billions of tax payers $ on the current terror bureaucracy to "keep the people safe" maybe spend some of that to speed up the apprehension of violent criminals and keep us safer for real. I hope they had eyes on him for the 2+ days that passed after they new it was him.

Maybe, people are just friending to write nasty things on his wall? I hope...

I don't know how that works... but none of the new followers have left him nasty comments.
Those leaving nasty comments, are not friends with him and I don't think they are followers either.
I don't know what else you can see by becoming a follower... so maybe there is a motive I'm missing.

I'm thinking he had help with the disposal, that's why they are trying to identify the driver of one of the two cars. I don't think the helper is going to come out and say "hey that's me."

Yeah--I feel the same way after seeing where the cameras were. I think we should bring the car photos forward. Unfortunately, for part of the time they got buried under parenting skill debate.

Wow, the garden hose was an interesting tidbit of info. that I wasn't expecting.

Now I have to ask myself, (no I don't) if I was to do something like that, would I even want pictures?

Hey on a serious note, if the bullet damaged his brain and he's no longer with the program, would there be a trial? Is determining competency about at the time of the crime or at the time of the trial ? tia

Trial:(
competent to stand trial... He must be able to aid in his defense.

Either way.. It would be a perfect defense, can't have that.

I'm impressed with the tracking on toilet paper rolls. I never knew and am off to go look at the inside of mine.

Hmm, more specifically it reads like there were cameras both to the north and south of both TH's house and Alanna's, meaning if they say his car didn't leave the house they probably know for sure. (i.e., they know he didn't leave either direction)

I wonder if some of the delay has been them trying to figure out how her body got where it did. Maybe there really is an accomplice and they wanted to roll it all up at once.

I think maybe people who didn't pay much attention to the two car photos should re-visit them.

JMO.

This aspect of the case baffles me now. Could he really convince some innocent friend to come help him dump the body?

He's due to turn 18 in a couple months, IMO opinion (not that that means anything) he should be charged as an adult. At 17 you know it's wrong to rape and murder a child.

1) Is it really legal to try a 17 year old for the death penalty in Texas?! (I mean, it must be, or they wouldn't have been able to serve a capital warrant. But wow. We don't put anyone to death here, let alone 17 year olds. Again - this guy was sick, sick, sick and IMO deserves to never be free again. But 17 year old boys are notoriously bad at life, and make dumb choices all the time. Mix in some psycho tendencies and you get this. Ugh.)

2) If he DOES have the mental condition/disability he is rumored to have, does can they still go for the death penalty? Doesn't a mental disability preclude you from capital murder charges?

Yes, 17 is an adult. No, a 17 year old is NOT eligible for the death penalty, OR life without parole. He can still stay in prison forever, because the capital murder offense would get him life with the possibility of parole after 40 years served. With all the factors in this case, he would be a danger to society. I can't fathom Texas letting him out.

He would have to be mentally incompetent enough to not know right from wrong. He covered his crime and lied. I think that's obvious, that he knew right from wrong. Psychologists would be brought in to determine that, though. (Obviously I'm not an expert!!)

No death penalty. This was addressed in the special summer session in the TX legislature and although current law shows one guideline, all pending cases are on hold until this new law goes into effect Oct 2013. blue22 & I had an earlier discussion on the timing and most is in this single post.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 01 July 2013 - #9 SUSPECT IN CUSTODY

You can bet your boots and spurs there are attorney's chomping at the bit right now to take his case and try to set him free...and they will certainly have the head injury and alleged autism to work with. :doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member