TX TX - Alexandria Lowitzer, 16, Spring, 26 April 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2013 bring Ali home to her family & justice for whoever disappeared her.

Bumping for Ali. Check in daily to see if anything has moved finding her forward.

Bumping for Ali. Check in daily to see if anything has moved finding her forward. From Merritt Island, Fl

It seems so strange coming to Ali's thread here in the "Missing but not forgotten" forum. I've bumped this thread to the top of the list so many times, I guess I'll probably just keep doing it until she's found or until I'm so old and infirm I just can't do it anymore...

Dear, sweet Ali -- WHERE ARE YOU?

From the cold wild hinterlands of Northern California --

while i hope that the he doesnt get to abuse the justice system to get away with crimes everyone knows he committed, a potential good that could come out of this would be the possibility of getting answers for the families he has destroyed in exchange for again sparing him from the death penalty when he is inevitably backed into a corner again.

Given the time he spent trying to get his previous conviction for rape overturned & his sex offender listing expunged, this doesn't surprise me either.

I think it was predicted he'd do that the second word of his pleading guilty came out. Safe money is on all these requests being denied. The shame of it is, is that there is a lifetime more of these to come and I can't imagine how the families feel, whether the Pate's, Shunick's or others who BSL may have been involved with such as Ms. Lowitzer, never knowing if one of these frivolous motions gets granted by some Judge with faulty reasoning.

This is the first I've read of this. I have to say I'm shocked. And. I'm not really sure what all that means. Does he have a chance to get free?

Neither am I quite sure of the legal shtuff this fruitcake petitions, Mrs. Jlowitzer. I, personally, am not shocked nor appalled. Angola must be slapping pretty boy rather hard, on both cheeks. :blushing:

I have faith freedom is only a figment in the devil's imagination!

This is the first I've read of this. I have to say I'm shocked. And. I'm not really sure what all that means. Does he have a chance to get free?

I dont think he has a snowballs chance in hell to get out. :jail:

I think Lafayette Parish's case is sound because they read in court exactly what he did and he admitted to it. The judge asked him several different ways if he understood what he was testifying to. They had a psychological eval done which showed he had the capability to understand. All good things. What we don't know is what bothers me a little. But unless some high profile lawyer pleads his cause I would say this latest ploy by BSL will not matter. What bothers me most is I think LE, in worrying about BSL's efforts gaining traction, is afraid that any attention paid to other possible victims of BSL could complicate BSL's convictions. I think this is just "Fear" and not really anything substantive. But I am not an investigator so it is not for me to judge. This is only my best reasoning and thoughts about the matter. Let's try not to worry. And let's pray for the Shunicks. Their pain will be relived every time he gets this kind of publicity. Still Praying for Ali.

(BBM/snipped/read more)
http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/#fcanchor

Prosecutors Confident Case Against Lavergne 'Solid'

01/08/2013 06:20 PM by Erin Steuber

Convicted killer Brandon Scott Lavergne is trying to have his convictions for the murders of Mickey Shunick, and Lisa Pate, thrown out.
It's called a Post-Conviction Relief motion, and prosecutors say it's not uncommon for those serving life sentences, like Lavergne, to make these request, but his was thrown out on a technicality.

"We anticipated that. In any plea agreement, that person will come in and say 'I didn't know what I was doing, I was operating under a diminished capacity,'" said Landry. "That's one of the reasons the prosecution team insisted, prior to taking the plea, he submit to a psychological evaluation."
Still, Lavergne has more than a year left to re-file his petition. Prosecutors say their case is solid and are confident the court will continue to deny Lavergne's request.

Lavergne remains at Angola State Prison serving two consecutive life sentences.

Ms. Lowitzer, I would say slim to none. These type of motions are filed by inmates routinely. He lives 24/7 with little else to do but to dream up ways of gaining his freedom. I expect him to file such things the rest of his life. I'm not local so I can only say that based on what I had read and seen, the prosecution did an excellent job of dotting their "i's" and crossing their "t's" before the plea was taken before the Court and then the Judge did a good job of ensuring that the plea was entered knowingly, voluntarily and with a complete understanding of it's consequences. While there are no guarantees in life, I would suspect that these motions being denied are as close to a certainty as one can see.

In an effort to rally awareness and support in the new year, we are passing around a petition asking for the government to do more for missing children under the age of 18. We ask those of you that can help spread the petition link to the masses, to do what you do so well around the internet by spreading the word. Thanks for all you do, the link is below.

http://wh.gov/E2h8

In an effort to rally awareness and support in the new year, we are passing around a petition asking for the government to do more for missing children under the age of 18. We ask those of you that can help spread the petition link to the masses, to do what you do so well around the internet by spreading the word. Thanks for all you do, the link is below.

http://wh.gov/E2h8
Thank you Angie for doing this!!!!! Please everyone could you help and sign this petition?
https://www.facebook.com/events/339276472853407/?ref=2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member