Recovered/Located TX - Alexis Cavazos, 16, last seen leaving her job, Dallas, 7 Feb 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She doesn’t have it listed on her FB profile. I haven’t checked other SM. The restaurant is near Skyline HS, and I think she lived close to Boomer Jack’s, so I’m thinking maybe Skyline. I wonder if she was doing online or in-person.

News & Events / Raider Re-Entry Plan - Fall 2020

If accurate, they adopted a hybrid model, going to school some days and remote learning others.

I've been keeping my eyes on this thread, trying to sort out the few clues we've been give. Assuming the clues are true, I've tried to reach some logical (or not lol) conclusions.

AC walked out the back door of the restaurant wearing dark sunglasses and WITHOUT her phone or wallet. So, in my mind she either intentionally left phone and wallet so she couldn't be tracked OR she wore the glasses because she expected to be crying when she came back in (perhaps a break up with someone of whom her dad did not approve - perhaps the cause of the family argument?) and didn't want co-workers to be able to tell.

If she had arranged another ride home and that person didn't take her home, wouldn't that person have stepped forward by now? And since they haven't (to the best of our knowledge), this leads me to believe her "ride" was the car behind the restaurant. That adds some weight to the conclusion that she purposely left her phone and wallet and intended to disappear.

I suspect she left willingly but was probably not cognizant of the dangerous position she was putting herself in by meeting/leaving with "someone" and no one seems to know who that "someone" is....

I keep hoping and praying that she is safe out there somewhere and recognizes that she needs to return to her family.....and that she is given the opportunity to do so. Please come home Lexie!

I wonder if she had any hidden social media. When I was 16 I had a facebook and a myspace my parents didn't either know about or didn't let me know they knew about. So her main pages weren't suspicious but maybe she had other pages. I don't know how we could find those, but it might be something worth investigating into. TikTok? SnapChat? Snap chat would be an exceptionally easy SM app to hide a relationship on.

Trying to think of non-criminal possibilities. What if she went willingly in the car, and it wasn't a dangerous criminal person but a friend, and then they had some kind of car accident?

This doesn't address her leaving her phone but I could imagine she either truly forgot it, or pretended she forgot it (ie they were going to drive somewhere she wasn't supposed to be, on the way home, and she knew her dad would notice via the tracking app, and if she turned her phone off entirely dad would ask why, so the easiest thing was to pretend to have forgotten it at work.

I know the horrible storm and power outage was happening or about to happen, but I hope LE has also just looked for a car in a ditch somewhere or in the water, etc.

Curious why the father stopped posting updates. He was doing so daily, sometimes twice a day and haven’t seen anything since the birthday video.
IMO- it happens frequently in MP cases for a variety of reasons.
The most recent which comes to mind is Alan White, coincidentally they are missing in the same town.

I don’t think the cook’s account of her leaving is suspicious. At least not with what we know at this point. He probably just saw her open the door and walk out, glimpsed a black car, then the door closed. End of story with him. He was busy closing up and probably assumed she was picked up and never really thought much of it again. If we find out something else that makes his story not add up then fine, but right now it sounds totally plausible to me.

Plausible, absolutely. I don't think it's suspicious. What is strange to me is the ways in which the public has received the information. The public only knows about the cook's account because DC said it in a voluntary interview. The interview was quite thorough, but lacked crucial detail, presumably because DC didn't have more info to give. And the interview was not on Nancy Grace. It has a few thousand views. My point is, if not for Lexi's family, we would know nothing. There would be no cook. There is nothing right now that makes the cook's account suspicious. We know nothing about this person, other than DC saying a cook saw Lexi go out the back but couldn't confirm she got in a car. What the cook allegedly saw in all of this would have lasted two seconds. He saw her walk out back. But we don't know who the cook is, whether the cook knows Lezi well, whether the cook talked to Lexi that day, who else was at the restaurant with the cook at the time, and lots more. What is suspicious/strange is how vague it is. According to DC there are 50+ billboards up in the area. It's almost as if LE said, "she ran away, good luck", and DC is now responsible for finding whoever took his 16 year old daughter. I presume DC gave the interview to share all the details he has to locate his daughter, so why isn't LE doing the same?

Does Boomer's have surveillance cameras? Yes or no? Were they looked at Monday morning when Lexi's belongings were found in the empty restaurant? Yes or no? This wouldn't take weeks. It could take 20 minutes with someone competent. Is this why DC was frustrated a detective took two days to reach out? Could/did the manager or owner of the restaurant help? LE didn't say "we reviewed footage from the restaurant and saw nothing", which at this point I wouldn't buy. Instead LE has said nothing. Imagine Lexi explicitly said she was going to run away - is it not the responsibility of LE to find her ASAP? She's not 31. She's not 19. What's the difference between "ran away" and "kidnapped" when a young girl goes missing? It's not a neighborhood, it's a restaurant. I absolutely believe cameras somewhere saw Lexi leave the restaurant. Why nothing has been mentioned about this is the most frustrating part. I'm not blaming anyone. I don't know who to blame. But I know a little about technology. A pro athlete gets in a fight at a bar and there's crystal clear footage. The notion that she "ran away" makes no difference to me because she's a minor. Does that make sense? I'm thinking out loud, sorry for repeating points. I hope Lexi is safe.

Edit: Someone spoke to the cook. Either DC, LE, or a combination. This was apparently the only person who saw anything. Since only one person saw Lexi leave and we have just fragments of the vague account, it's difficult. We mention the sunglasses, but we only know about the sunglasses from DC who got it from the cook. For all we know, there were no sunglasses. I think I keep repeating "need footage" because so much speculation results from what this cook might have seen, but frankly who knows if the cook is even a cook? IMO a lot is being assumed from what one person who we know nothing about might have seen, according to someone we think talked to this person? Did DC talk to the cook or LE?

Last edited:
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Location of the Boomer Jack's Alexis works at and was last seen at.

There are at least five businesses behind Boomer Jack's and a car exiting the plaza from behind the restaurant would have passed at least a few of them. I believe a camera would have captured the car she left in, and that other people would have been around. Super Bowl, several businesses in the area. A Burger King nearby which probably would have been open.

I guess if Lexi was planning on running off, she would have waited until there were at most just a few people around, and maybe the cook was one of the last people at the restaurant? I don't know. Who do you think picked Lexi up?

Actually you can track a burner phone but you have to do some homework in order to do it.

There was a case in Canada where a guy purchased a burner phone and answered an online ad for a truck for sale using the burner phone.

He kidnapped one owner while on a "test" drive, killed him and kept the truck.

The phone number from the burner phone showed up on the the truck owner's phone. LE traced that number to where it was sold. A sales record was obtained and they knew who bought it although it was a false name but not false enough.

The number was was tracked and eventually it all came together and the perp was arrested. Charged with first degree murder, found guilty and will spend the rest of his life in prison. (Dellen Millard murdered Tim Bosma for his truck).

So yes, a burner phone can be tracked and traced but it takes work.

True, it is possible to track a burner phone, but I think you need the phone number to do so.

Need the phone number to figure out where it was purchased, and then hopefully get credit card records or cctv from the store.

As another poster was asking, I think it is technically possible to deduce this phone number from it pinging at her house and at work, etc. at times she was known to be at those places, But I don't think that is legal. I could be wrong.

JMO

I've been keeping my eyes on this thread, trying to sort out the few clues we've been give. Assuming the clues are true, I've tried to reach some logical (or not lol) conclusions.

AC walked out the back door of the restaurant wearing dark sunglasses and WITHOUT her phone or wallet. So, in my mind she either intentionally left phone and wallet so she couldn't be tracked OR she wore the glasses because she expected to be crying when she came back in (perhaps a break up with someone of whom her dad did not approve - perhaps the cause of the family argument?) and didn't want co-workers to be able to tell.

If she had arranged another ride home and that person didn't take her home, wouldn't that person have stepped forward by now? And since they haven't (to the best of our knowledge), this leads me to believe her "ride" was the car behind the restaurant. That adds some weight to the conclusion that she purposely left her phone and wallet and intended to disappear.

I suspect she left willingly but was probably not cognizant of the dangerous position she was putting herself in by meeting/leaving with "someone" and no one seems to know who that "someone" is....

I keep hoping and praying that she is safe out there somewhere and recognizes that she needs to return to her family.....and that she is given the opportunity to do so. Please come home Lexie!

If she left willingly, which for me also points in that direction. The whole point is that she does not want to come home.

You can meet someone nefarious when you are 50. That's not the point. This again looks like a teenager who is much older in her behavior than her age suggests.

Assuming the cook's story is true, I'd say that she most likely ran away. She couldn't take her phone or bank cards because they could trace her. Assuming her bank cards required a pin number, they wouldn't be any use to anyone, and could be replaced. Her phone could be replaced, and as far as I know, wouldn't be much good to anyone else without the unlock code. There's a good chance she would get that stuff back if she ever came home. Maybe she didn't care. Maybe she didn't plan on ever coming home?

The sunglasses. Now they are a different story. There's a good chance of them disappearing if she left them at the restaurant. And maybe she wanted the sunglasses for wherever she was going.

That just made me think of something. If she was planning on running away, wouldn't she have packed a bag? Taken at least some clothes and shoes and makeups and shampoos?

Maybe LE does know that she ran away, and her father doesn't want to say that because he thinks that will make it less likely for people to help look for her?

Now that I think about it, the interviews with her father and sister may be telling. I don't remember either of them appealing to "whomever took her." They instead spoke directly to Lexi, repeatedly saying that they love her. It makes me wonder if they know that she left on her own accord.

The radio silence is curious. Although, I'm not sure when the sister's interview was recorded.

Question: If she did return home, is it possible that no announcement was made?

Also, assume she ran away with an older guy. Is that legal? Could he be facing charges?

MOO

Assuming the cook's story is true, I'd say that she most likely ran away. She couldn't take her phone or bank cards because they could trace her. Assuming her bank cards required a pin number, they wouldn't be any use to anyone, and could be replaced. Her phone could be replaced, and as far as I know, wouldn't be much good to anyone else without the unlock code. There's a good chance she would get that stuff back if she ever came home. Maybe she didn't care. Maybe she didn't plan on ever coming home?

The sunglasses. Now they are a different story. There's a good chance of them disappearing if she left them at the restaurant. And maybe she wanted the sunglasses for wherever she was going.

That just made me think of something. If she was planning on running away, wouldn't she have packed a bag? Taken at least some clothes and shoes and makeups and shampoos?

Maybe LE does know that she ran away, and her father doesn't want to say that because he thinks that will make it less likely for people to help look for her?

Now that I think about it, the interviews with her father and sister may be telling. I don't remember either of them appealing to "whomever took her." They instead spoke directly to Lexi, repeatedly saying that they love her. It makes me wonder if they know that she left on her own accord.

The radio silence is curious. Although, I'm not sure when the sister's interview was recorded.

Question: If she did return home, is it possible that no announcement was made?

Also, assume she ran away with an older guy. Is that legal? Could he be facing charges?

MOO
Yes, if she ran away I would think she would take some of her belongings or at least some money with her. I also can't imagine a teenager leaving without their phone.

If a 16 year old ran away with an older guy, he would have to be more than three years older to be charged, depending on what kind of relationship they have, and whether or not she left willingly.

Imo

Why didn’t her father go to the restaurant as soon as she went missing and view the security camera himself with the manager?
Maybe he expected, like I would have, that the police would be very aggressive in searching for this missing CHILD! I don’t care if she was abducted, ran away, or fell and bumped her head and is laying in a hospital with amnesia somewhere, she is a child still and doesn’t deserve anything less. The fact she wore sunglasses out to a black car and posted some flirty looking pictures to social media and maybe actually did forget her phone and money/credit cards (I’ve done it before, haven’t you) shouldn’t effect the efforts of looking for her either. I just don’t understand the Dallas Police and Missing cases.

etided to add: my apologies if this is a little emotional more than just my response to the “why” question in the original post. I passed two of Alexis’ billboards today while I was out and about yesterday and my heart broke just a little.

Last edited:
Plausible, absolutely. I don't think it's suspicious. What is strange to me is the ways in which the public has received the information. The public only knows about the cook's account because DC said it in a voluntary interview. The interview was quite thorough, but lacked crucial detail, presumably because DC didn't have more info to give. And the interview was not on Nancy Grace. It has a few thousand views. My point is, if not for Lexi's family, we would know nothing. There would be no cook. There is nothing right now that makes the cook's account suspicious. We know nothing about this person, other than DC saying a cook saw Lexi go out the back but couldn't confirm she got in a car. What the cook allegedly saw in all of this would have lasted two seconds. He saw her walk out back. But we don't know who the cook is, whether the cook knows Lezi well, whether the cook talked to Lexi that day, who else was at the restaurant with the cook at the time, and lots more. What is suspicious/strange is how vague it is. According to DC there are 50+ billboards up in the area. It's almost as if LE said, "she ran away, good luck", and DC is now responsible for finding whoever took his 16 year old daughter. I presume DC gave the interview to share all the details he has to locate his daughter, so why isn't LE doing the same?

Does Boomer's have surveillance cameras? Yes or no? Were they looked at Monday morning when Lexi's belongings were found in the empty restaurant? Yes or no? This wouldn't take weeks. It could take 20 minutes with someone competent. Is this why DC was frustrated a detective took two days to reach out? Could/did the manager or owner of the restaurant help? LE didn't say "we reviewed footage from the restaurant and saw nothing", which at this point I wouldn't buy. Instead LE has said nothing. Imagine Lexi explicitly said she was going to run away - is it not the responsibility of LE to find her ASAP? She's not 31. She's not 19. What's the difference between "ran away" and "kidnapped" when a young girl goes missing? It's not a neighborhood, it's a restaurant. I absolutely believe cameras somewhere saw Lexi leave the restaurant. Why nothing has been mentioned about this is the most frustrating part. I'm not blaming anyone. I don't know who to blame. But I know a little about technology. A pro athlete gets in a fight at a bar and there's crystal clear footage. The notion that she "ran away" makes no difference to me because she's a minor. Does that make sense? I'm thinking out loud, sorry for repeating points. I hope Lexi is safe.

Edit: Someone spoke to the cook. Either DC, LE, or a combination. This was apparently the only person who saw anything. Since only one person saw Lexi leave and we have just fragments of the vague account, it's difficult. We mention the sunglasses, but we only know about the sunglasses from DC who got it from the cook. For all we know, there were no sunglasses. I think I keep repeating "need footage" because so much speculation results from what this cook might have seen, but frankly who knows if the cook is even a cook? IMO a lot is being assumed from what one person who we know nothing about might have seen, according to someone we think talked to this person? Did DC talk to the cook or LE?
Her father spoke with the cook before he spoke with LE. He spoke with the manager , then the cook and I would assume that is because he was the last one to see her.

MOO

There are at least five businesses behind Boomer Jack's and a car exiting the plaza from behind the restaurant would have passed at least a few of them. I believe a camera would have captured the car she left in, and that other people would have been around. Super Bowl, several businesses in the area. A Burger King nearby which probably would have been open.

I guess if Lexi was planning on running off, she would have waited until there were at most just a few people around, and maybe the cook was one of the last people at the restaurant? I don't know. Who do you think picked Lexi up?
You can guarantee that LE has reviewed ALL cameras at this point. They have zero obligation at this point to tell the public anything.

MOO

Maybe he expected, like I would have, that the police would be very aggressive in searching for this missing CHILD! I don’t care if she was abducted, ran away, or fell and bumped her head and is laying in a hospital with amnesia somewhere, she is a child still and doesn’t deserve anything less. The fact she wore sunglasses out to a black car and posted some flirty looking pictures to social media and maybe actually did forget her phone and money/credit cards (I’ve done it before, haven’t you) shouldn’t effect the efforts of looking for her either. I just don’t understand the Dallas Police and Missing cases.

etided to add: my apologies if this is a little emotional more than just my response to the “why” question in the original post. I passed two of Alexis’ billboards today while I was out and about yesterday and my heart broke just a little.
I don't understand why PD doesn't take a lot of missing person cases a little more urgently ! I know they have protocols to follow, but I know its extremely frustrating for families.
MOO

I wonder if she had any hidden social media. When I was 16 I had a facebook and a myspace my parents didn't either know about or didn't let me know they knew about. So her main pages weren't suspicious but maybe she had other pages. I don't know how we could find those, but it might be something worth investigating into. TikTok? SnapChat? Snap chat would be an exceptionally easy SM app to hide a relationship on.
Yes it would , and her father has her phone. There is actually a way for him to download the data from snapchat. It won't show him what was said...but it will show him the dates and time and who she chatted with.

Her father spoke with the cook before he spoke with LE. He spoke with the manager , then the cook and I would assume that is because he was the last one to see her.

MOO
Maybe there was no security video to review. If he talked to the cook and to the manager they would review security video unless there was nothing to review.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back