Recovered/Located TX - Alexis Cavazos, 16, last seen leaving her job, Dallas, 7 Feb 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What happened to her last check from working?
Has her bank account been touched since the 2-7-21
If she was planning on running away she would have emptied her bank account.
I don't think we know that info. My opinion the sister's video was a tactic used to see if that would get Alexis to reach out if she did run away. I think the father stopping his videos was probably on the advice of LE. I don't know for sure, I'm just speculating.

A teenage girl...if she was planning on running away I think she would of packed a bag with her makeup , some clothes etc...

MOO

MOO

Just thinking of evidence of running away versus meeting up with someone for a date or whatever. Seems to me that if she were running away, she may well have packed a few items to take with her and not gone to work at all. She could have called in sick, just in case her boss would have called her dad if she hadn’t shown up and hadn’t called.

On the other hand, let’s just assume she wasn’t running away. Following her normal schedule, working her full shift then meeting someone at the restaurant would make it easy to hide her “date” from her dad and everyone else, assuming the date was someone she was pretty sure her dad wouldn’t approve of.

The conversation with the date could have gone something like this: Date—“Hey, let’s get together tonight. When can we meet?” Lexi—“Well, I have to work until 11:30 but I’m free after that.” Date—“Cool. Why don’t I pick you up in the back at 11:30?” Lexi—-“I’ll see you then.” This conversation could have taken place in person, perhaps even at the restaurant earlier in the evening.

At 11:30, with excitement and anticipation in the air, Lexi takes off for her date with her bad boy, inadvertently leaving behind her ID and debit card. She figures as long as she gets home in a few hours her dad probably won’t miss her and she’s willing to take that chance.

Tragically, she misreads the situation and something unexpected happens. Let’s hope she’s still alive and able to get help so she can return to her family.

Just thinking of evidence of running away versus meeting up with someone for a date or whatever. Seems to me that if she were running away, she may well have packed a few items to take with her and not gone to work at all. She could have called in sick, just in case her boss would have called her dad if she hadn’t shown up and hadn’t called.

On the other hand, let’s just assume she wasn’t running away. Following her normal schedule, working her full shift then meeting someone at the restaurant would make it easy to hide her “date” from her dad and everyone else, assuming the date was someone she was pretty sure her dad wouldn’t approve of.

The conversation with the date could have gone something like this: Date—“Hey, let’s get together tonight. When can we meet?” Lexi—“Well, I have to work until 11:30 but I’m free after that.” Date—“Cool. Why don’t I pick you up in the back at 11:30?” Lexi—-“I’ll see you then.” This conversation could have taken place in person, perhaps even at the restaurant earlier in the evening.

At 11:30, with excitement and anticipation in the air, Lexi takes off for her date with her bad boy, inadvertently leaving behind her ID and debit card. She figures as long as she gets home in a few hours her dad probably won’t miss her and she’s willing to take that chance.

Tragically, she misreads the situation and something unexpected happens. Let’s hope she’s still alive and able to get help so she can return to her family.
Yea but her phone? She knew she wouldnt be able to get back in her work I'm sure.

MOO

I agree that all of this is possible except for accidentally leaving her phone. No way that’s going to happen with a 16 year old. She either left it purposely or thought she would be back in to get it. The problem I have with her going on a date & leaving phone to purposely look like to dad that she’s working late is, why wouldn’t she hide it out back so she could pick it up on way home? She wouldn’t leave it to be locked up inside. So makes me think she wasn’t planning to come back at all or she was planning to come back in before they locked up for the night.

I agree that all of this is possible except for accidentally leaving her phone. No way that’s going to happen with a 16 year old. She either left it purposely or thought she would be back in to get it. The problem I have with her going on a date & leaving phone to purposely look like to dad that she’s working late is, why wouldn’t she hide it out back so she could pick it up on way home? She wouldn’t leave it to be locked up inside. So makes me think she wasn’t planning to come back at all or she was planning to come back in before they locked up for the night.
Or someone is just totally making it look like she left with this unknown person purposely to divert attention away from them.

MOO

Regarding packing things (makeup/clothes/etc) if she were running away. Do we know that she didn't? Could she have given items to the person she left with beforehand? If she did get into the nice looking BMW/Mercedes, couldn't that person have bought her new belongings? All speculation.

Regarding packing things (makeup/clothes/etc) if she were running away. Do we know that she didn't? Could she have given items to the person she left with beforehand? If she did get into the nice looking BMW/Mercedes, couldn't that person have bought her new belongings? All speculation.
No I don’t think so because her dad I think would of mentioned it . I mean if her makeup and things were missing her sister would of definitely noticed IMO . I just personally have a big issue with this car. It’s just such a “ typical” thing... a black Mercedes or bmw tinted widows ... I mean I just wouldn’t buy it unless I saw proof . That’s just me though !

the alleged argument in the restaurant that night too... I wouldn’t buy it unless several people witnessed it .
moo

Imoo Alexis is 16. She is working bringing in an income. Also there are tips which are not regulated.. so quite possibly she has private savings. Phones are cheap she probably has another for her own privacy. Makeup and clothing are replaceable. There are many 16 year olds missing I am sure..so the police..unless there is evidence she was unwillingly abducted...she has made that choice. If she was 12 that is different. She did not have an adult trusting relationship with her father- so track all you like...that is easy for Alexis to get around. Moo I think she chose this path and I hope she is with a good person.

I'm leaning toward someone grooming her for weeks for nefarious purposes. These people tell these girls how beautiful they are and promise them modeling contracts, stardom, and lots of money. In this scenario a luxury car would pick her up.. Most likely she was told she would never have to work at a place like that again. I think she was duped and even if considered as a runaway is in danger. Even her Facebook post about loving her family shows to me that she was torn and contemplating a decision. MOO

I am 20 pages into the Alan West WS thread. I felt it necessary to look at West's case since it was mentioned in this thread multiple times. A 55 year old man in the Dallas area who vanished and although the cases differ in plenty of ways, there are factors in the West case that strike me as odd, or similar to this case.

West went missing 10/22. Where I am in the thread it's about 11/3, so 10+ days since last seen, like AC and this case.

Looking at the AW case 10 days after last sighting, here are some observations. LE revealed hardly any information, to the point that many in the thread were confused at the lack of information shared and were sure LE knew about GPS, cell phone data, cameras - all of it. Also, in the AW case it was the family speaking out providing the main information, like this case. AW was 55 when he went missing, AC was 16 when she went missing. AW was reported missing only a short time - hours - after he went missing, which was in the 5-6 AM range. LE was seemingly involved immediately and released some info, surveillance footage, but again didn't post anything on Facebook, didn't give a briefing. The same "LE must have a lot more than we know" sentiment, that we see in many cases IMO, absolutely exists in the AW case, at least up to 11/3/20, around 10 days after AW disappeared. It was also noted AW was reported being a "Want to Locate" alert - I think that's what it was called - as opposed to a missing person. Regarding media coverage, there were numerous MSM articles/videos on AW, and reporters on Twitter covering the case. IMO there seemed to be more urgency in the case of AW than AC, and both certainly involved the possibility of a voluntary disappearance.

Point being, in the AW thread there are many questions/comments repeated that are similar to this case - like, "I'm certain LE has more", and "There are cameras literally everywhere". There was vague info provided to the public that desperately required follow-up. When AW's rental car was found, it wasn't immediately clear where it was found, or if forensics were being taken in the vehicle. There was a strange lack of transparency on one end, but a lot of info coming from AW's family. A PI was hired early on. Posts on WS questioned why LE would be holding back any information at that point, regardless of why AW - an adult, not a child - was missing. DallasPD does investigate missing persons cases, correct? Really. Not a single social media post about a missing girl? Huh?

I have faith in LE, of course, but it's not like LE is perfect/corruption-free. There are criminals in LE too. So when I keep hearing, "LE has info that the public doesn't know", it gets old/suspicious after a while. People are missing. The public can help. Fact is, why are we assuming LE has more info? We don't know. I want to give LE benefit of doubt. LE posted nothing about these cases to local social media. Even a simple Tweet: "have you seen AC, have you seen AW". There was a detective's contact info on one of the first posts in the AW thread. Is there one for AC? The link to the AW thread has been posted here I believe. If I knew how to easily link it I would. I need to catch up on AW, but this thread leads me to believe AW is still missing and that LE kept quiet. I haven't AW was brought up in this case as a recent missing person in the area and because of similarities regarding what LE knows, versus the public, versus the family of the missing person. Those similarities are glaring when comparing 10 days after AW disappeared to 17 days after AC disappeared. LE has said little. So are we just to trust LE has more info, and if so, why? LE could shutdown needless speculation with a 5 minute press briefing confirming an investigation.

Realizing my posts are chapter books compared to a standard WS comment. Apologies, I will be more succinct going forward. Simple is better. I hope Lexi is safe and that LE has deployed all resources to find her. I can't help but question whether or not LE actually "has more".

Last edited:

She told her father on the phone not long before leaving that she would be home soon, so I don't think she was planning to go on a date after work only to arrive home hours later. In that case she'd tell him she still had work to do, but she couldn't take her phone with her in case dad checked its location. I'm not sure how she would explain coming home late without the phone.

When she didn't arrive home, her father's first thought wast that she must be still busy at work, but he knew that his messages to her weren't being read.

That is something I’m extremely curious as well . I also wonder was he the one that was going to give her a ride home?
I don't think that any of the coworkers was meant to give her a ride that night. If that were true, her disappearance would point to an abduction. Also, her father would have learned it by now and probably mentioned the fact, because it would contribute to urgency. For some reason the police doesn't want (or need) for the media to publicize this case.

Do we know what time her shift started? And, did DC or someone drop her off for work? I know she lived relatively close, so maybe she could walk if it was earlier in the day and still light out.

I only bring this up, as some have speculated, that it could have given her opportunity to give someone extra clothing, etc. beforehand if the intent was to leave voluntarily.

There are plenty of accessable police scanners available for Texas...so you can hear how they prioritize and what their work load is. Each state has their own personality and words they use. I listen to Cleveland they always have a missing persons car. Then again they take child home and the child is out the back door before they even leave.

Last edited:
I am 20 pages into the Alan West WS thread. I felt it necessary to look at West's case since it was mentioned in this thread multiple times. A 55 year old man in the Dallas area who vanished and although the cases differ in plenty of ways, there are factors in the West case that strike me as odd, or similar to this case.

West went missing 10/22. Where I am in the thread it's about 11/3, so 10+ days since last seen, like AC and this case.

Looking at the AW case 10 days after last sighting, here are some observations. LE revealed hardly any information, to the point that many in the thread were confused at the lack of information shared and were sure LE knew about GPS, cell phone data, cameras - all of it. Also, in the AW case it was the family speaking out providing the main information, like this case. AW was 55 when he went missing, AC was 16 when she went missing. AW was reported missing only a short time - hours - after he went missing, which was in the 5-6 AM range. LE was seemingly involved immediately and released some info, surveillance footage, but again didn't post anything on Facebook, didn't give a briefing. The same "LE must have a lot more than we know" sentiment, that we see in many cases IMO, absolutely exists in the AW case, at least up to 11/3/20, around 10 days after AW disappeared. It was also noted AW was reported being a "Want to Locate" alert - I think that's what it was called - as opposed to a missing person. Regarding media coverage, there were numerous MSM articles/videos on AW, and reporters on Twitter covering the case. IMO there seemed to be more urgency in the case of AW than AC, and both certainly involved the possibility of a voluntary disappearance.

Point being, in the AW thread there are many questions/comments repeated that are similar to this case - like, "I'm certain LE has more", and "There are cameras literally everywhere". There was vague info provided to the public that desperately required follow-up. When AW's rental car was found, it wasn't immediately clear where it was found, or if forensics were being taken in the vehicle. There was a strange lack of transparency on one end, but a lot of info coming from AW's family. A PI was hired early on. Posts on WS questioned why LE would be holding back any information at that point, regardless of why AW - an adult, not a child - was missing. DallasPD does investigate missing persons cases, correct? Really. Not a single social media post about a missing girl? Huh?

I have faith in LE, of course, but it's not like LE is perfect/corruption-free. There are criminals in LE too. So when I keep hearing, "LE has info that the public doesn't know", it gets old/suspicious after a while. People are missing. The public can help. Fact is, why are we assuming LE has more info? We don't know. I want to give LE benefit of doubt. LE posted nothing about these cases to local social media. Even a simple Tweet: "have you seen AC, have you seen AW". There was a detective's contact info on one of the first posts in the AW thread. Is there one for AC? The link to the AW thread has been posted here I believe. If I knew how to easily link it I would. I need to catch up on AW, but this thread leads me to believe AW is still missing and that LE kept quiet. I haven't AW was brought up in this case as a recent missing person in the area and because of similarities regarding what LE knows, versus the public, versus the family of the missing person. Those similarities are glaring when comparing 10 days after AW disappeared to 17 days after AC disappeared. LE has said little. So are we just to trust LE has more info, and if so, why? LE could shutdown needless speculation with a 5 minute press briefing confirming an investigation.

Realizing my posts are chapter books compared to a standard WS comment. Apologies, I will be more succinct going forward. Simple is better. I hope Lexi is safe and that LE has deployed all resources to find her. I can't help but question whether or not LE actually "has more".
I know one thing we discussed in the Alan White thread is how overwhelmed Dallas LE is because there’s a lot of crime happening in Dallas. Maybe that’s the main reason they’re not giving a lot of info to the public on these cases? They’re just overworked and understaffed? I wish we knew more too.

She told her father on the phone not long before leaving that she would be home soon, so I don't think she was planning to go on a date after work only to arrive home hours later. In that case she'd tell him she still had work to do, but she couldn't take her phone with her in case dad checked its location. I'm not sure how she would explain coming home late without the phone.

When she didn't arrive home, her father's first thought wast that she must be still busy at work, but he knew that his messages to her weren't being read.
I think the timeline starts as soon her messages were sent and not read . It was out of character for her according to dad .

moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025
Back