Recovered/Located TX - Alexis Cavazos, 16, last seen leaving her job, Dallas, 7 Feb 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If it was just the phone, sure, could be an accident. Leaving BOTH her phone and wallet gets me pondering though. First, at work, I would never leave my wallet unattended. It would be in my pocket or a locker if available. Any kind of work clothing should have at least one pocket big enough to hold a wallet. Maybe Lexi did leave her wallet at the cashier station on a regular basis. But I think that's highly unusual.

I am skeptical that any alleged argument with a customer would have been resolved by going outside at the end of thr night. What would going outside do? If a customer has a complaint he/she talks to the manager or shift lead and then leaves either happy or is mad and promises to write to corporate.

the burner phone is just a natural end point of speculation on what would have led Lexi to walk out the back and get into a different vehicle without telling anyone - not friends, family, or any co-worker.

Yes but if she was groomed or this person she supposedly met was someone she was excited about she could have just ran out and not realized that she didn't grab her things before it was too late.

16 year Olds can be responsible mostly but they are still kids ands are by nature irresponsible.

I also like theory above that she might not have been planning to not come back, hence not taking it. I generally am leaning towards she was taken.

If she hasn't arranged a ride home with one of her coworkers by the time she went out, IMO she didn't intend to leave with them. She told her father that she had a ride, so it must have been with someone else. Forgetting to take her phone and cards seems unlikely in this scenario. When/how did she arrange to be picked up? I assume there's no evidence of that communication on her phone, or the person would have been traced by now.

Last edited:
Yes but if she was groomed or this person she supposedly met was someone she was excited about she could have just ran out and not realized that she didn't grab her things before it was too late.

16 year Olds can be responsible mostly but they are still kids ands are by nature irresponsible.

I also like theory above that she might not have been planning to not come back, hence not taking it. I generally am leaning towards she was taken.
It was the end of the shift. Surely she would routinely pick up her belongings before leaving, especially her phone.

If she just popped out for a few minutes, who was taking her home that night?

Last edited:
The thing is working in a restaurant, people have alternating shift. It is work.. you may or may not know the people you work with...and staff turn over is common. The kitchen and the front staff were like separate places in most places I worked. It is common for young people to have restaurant work for their first job. And no.. would never be protective about the young ones or anyone...except in unusual circumstances.. I would not know their age. Moo
Maybe my experiences were different but I worked in the restaurant industry for years . The cooks especially like a head cook , is pretty constant and normally you get to know them . Also some of the waitstaff are a constant too. Yes there’s a lot of turnover but you do have your long terms.

moo

Evidently it's been researched and proven that teens don't think rationally. :)

The rational part of a teen's brain isn't fully developed and won't be until age 25 or so. In fact, recent research has found that adult and teen brains work differently. Adults think with the prefrontal cortex, the brain's rational part.

Evidently it's been researched and proven that teens don't think rationally. :)

The rational part of a teen's brain isn't fully developed and won't be until age 25 or so. In fact, recent research has found that adult and teen brains work differently. Adults think with the prefrontal cortex, the brain's rational part.
But she is a smart girl regardless of her age . She is a straight A student according to her dad .

What gets me too with the dads interview. He stumbled on his words a little bit talking about the cook. He started to say a name then he stopped himself . He also says he asked him “where is she “ which doesn’t mean anything at all Bc he didn’t say anything negative about the cook in my opinion .

moo

None of Alexis's coworkers admitted being her ride for that evening, right?

So I see here two possibilities:

- the mystery luxury car existed and was indeed her ride
- one of the coworkers was supposed to be her ride and they left together, but this person harmed Alexis and that's why they keep mum about it.

I can't help but give a big side eye to the cook, because his story about the luxurious car seems like something out of CSI series. Cannot exclude though it did happen.

- one of the coworkers was supposed to be her ride and they left together, but this person harmed Alexis and that's why they keep mum about it.

I can't help but give a big side eye to the cook, because his story about the luxurious car seems like something out of CSI series. Cannot exclude though it did happen.
We don’t know if any of the coworkers admitted to being her ride or not. All we know is that the father tried get ahold of them that night and had no luck. I’m sure they have been interviewed by now, and we don’t know what they said. The manager was able to get ahold of the cook and that’s where the sunglasses, back door, black car info came from. I think we might be scrutinizing the cook so much just because he was the only one whose story we have heard b/c he was the only one the manager was able to contact at the time. What did everyone else say?

Maybe my experiences were different but I worked in the restaurant industry for years . The cooks especially like a head cook , is pretty constant and normally you get to know them . Also some of the waitstaff are a constant too. Yes there’s a lot of turnover but you do have your long terms.

moo
Experience: was in it for years and BoomerJacks was not a big cavernous place. You would know your fellow servers by name and wait staff would talk if “so and so” was in a bad mood that night - especially since the place would not have been near as busy as preCovid.

Who hired her? The manager?
A manager that should know the labor laws for 15 year olds working in a bar.

I have certainly kept a closer eye on new employees - especially an underage young person in a bar that focuses on alcohol consumption.
JMO

Experience: was in it for years and BoomerJacks was not a big cavernous place. You would know your fellow servers by name and wait staff would talk if “so and so” was in a bad mood that night - especially since the place would not have been near as busy as preCovid.

Who hired her? The manager?
A manager that should know the labor laws for 15 year olds working in a bar.

I have certainly kept a closer eye on new employees - especially an underage young person in a bar that focuses on alcohol consumption.
JMO
You are exactly right! I remember everyone knew everything usually that was going on too LOL! Restaurant staff sometimes love to gossip !

moo

IIRC, someone remarked earlier on the thread that tinted windows weren't as exclusive in Dallas. So maybe it wasn't a luxury car.

The interview he says 2-3 hours after they got the phone. It isn't clear what time the manager came over and opened the door to BoomerJacks. It was locked up and lights off when he first drove over there.
If I had horrible thoughts such as looking in a dumpster, then my first reaction would have been to call 911.
JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody
Back