Recovered/Located TX - Alexis Cavazos, 16, last seen leaving her job, Dallas, 7 Feb 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That’s why this case seems so different right now , there is no media coverage at all from any news outlet ?

I think that even here (or maybe it’s especially here) people severely underestimate the incidence of people going missing. Literally thousands of people in the US disappear every single day. Most are runaways (or whatever the adult equivalent of that is) and most turn up fairly quickly, but on any given date approximately 100,000 children, teens and adults are listed as missing in the US.

That a particular missing person whose disappearance for whatever reason doesn’t get national coverage—like Suzanne Morphew or Jennifer Dulos—is discussed here is almost random. The vast, vast majority of the missing don’t get attention even on this website. If news media publicized every missing person’s case there’d be room for little else in the papers. Unfortunately, it’s up to friends and relatives to get the word out.

Sorry if this has been previously discussed but has any mention been made of LE searching her computer, phone etc. for any communications she was having?

I know that in another case a teen was communicating with someone on a school issued computer and that someone ended up being a trafficker.

I know Dad kept close tabs on Alexis' digital stuff but he couldn't do that with a school computer I'm thinking.

Sorry if this has been previously discussed but has any mention been made of LE searching her computer, phone etc. for any communications she was having?

I know that in another case a teen was communicating with someone on a school issued computer and that someone ended up being a trafficker.

I know Dad kept close tabs on Alexis' digital stuff but he couldn't do that with a school computer I'm thinking.

There really hasn't been any mention of LE doing much of anything, to be honest.
It's unsettling the apparent lack of urgency this case seems to have with LE.
Obviously we have no idea what they're doing since they're not really saying anything but that's sort of the point. Just frustrating.

jmo

I think that even here (or maybe it’s especially here) people severely underestimate the incidence of people going missing. Literally thousands of people in the US disappear every single day. Most are runaways (or whatever the adult equivalent of that is) and most turn up fairly quickly, but on any given date approximately 100,000 children, teens and adults are listed as missing in the US.

That a particular missing person whose disappearance for whatever reason doesn’t get national coverage—like Suzanne Morphew or Jennifer Dulos—is discussed here is almost random. The vast, vast majority of the missing don’t get attention even on this website. If news media publicized every missing person’s case there’d be room for little else in the papers. Unfortunately, it’s up to friends and relatives to get the word out.

So true!! One only has to look at the Missing page on this forum to get a general idea of how many people go missing every week, and we don’t even have all of them. I’ve lost count on how many girls we’ve had go missing in the past 2 weeks in NC. I’m local and only heard about most of them from here.

On Feb 2 Alexis mentioned doing school with her sister on her fb. Judging by the picture they were in distance learning classes.

IIRC, her father did address her phone info a while ago on SM.

Is there a dedicated missing person public FB page set up for Alexis?
Unfortunately, no.

ETA: Almost no new information about her disappearance has come out after her father's interview a couple of weeks back. There was her sister's interview and a post on her employer's fb page.

Last edited:
As a side note, the ongoing gentrification in Dallas stopped several miles west.

As a result, the area where she went missing from ranges from "iffy" (most of the entire area is "iffy- at best") to "truly dangerous".

The area is also relatively close to the last known siting of Marisela Botello.

Last edited:
As a side note, the ongoing gentrification in Dallas stopped several miles west.

As a result, the area where she went missing from ranges from "iffy" (most of the entire area is "iffy- at best") to "truly dangerous".

The area is also relatively close to the last known siting of Marisela Botello.
I’m pretty confused tbh on this case.

I keep thinking about Lexi and what her family must be going through and I keep playing out different scenarios in my head about what may have happened - here is what I have concluded which of course is my opinion and I am purely speculating....

we’ve heard four facts about that night:
- her phone / cc were found in the restaurant
- she walked up to a car outside
- told her dad she had a ride home
- she walked out wearing sunglasses

One very logical reason for her phone/cc to be at the restaurant is that she never left the restaurant. If that was the case, then I believe the case would have gotten more coverage and attention. I have to believe by now, the cook’s story has been confirmed by LE with surveillance videos showing her leaving. More importantly, I’ve read SM posts by friends/family in the last day or so saying “she is out there”. So I think she did indeed leave the restaurant and they know that.

Another logical explanation is that she ran away willingly and left her stuff behind so she is not tracked. Couldn’t she also have put her phone in airplane mode to avoid being tracked? Or turned off location? A teenager wouldn’t want to leave her phone behind with all her photos, apps, etc. I also don’t think she forgot them behind. She remembered to take her glasses? Why forget everything else. For that reason, I don’t think she ran away.

I really think she walked out with the intentions of coming right back to the restaurant - that explains why her belongings were left behind. I think she walked out to talk to someone she knew - a quick chat, a quick smoke, something. I don’t think who came in that car was her ride, if it was she would have taken her stuff with her. Someone she trusted enough to sit in the car with willingly - not shoved in or anything. That would explain why this isn’t an abduction and why no Amber alerts (again by now the cook’s story is confirmed via videos and LE saw her get in the car). And that driver took off. In the eyes of LE she left willingly; in the eyes of her family she is out there and in danger because she is with someone she isn’t supposed to be with and why it’s a one man show for her poor dad to find his daughter :(

Poke holes in my theory but that’s the only thing that makes sense to me. Still can’t figure out the need for sunglasses at night though.

I keep thinking about Lexi and what her family must be going through and I keep playing out different scenarios in my head about what may have happened - here is what I have concluded which of course is my opinion and I am purely speculating....

we’ve heard four facts about that night:
- her phone / cc were found in the restaurant
- she walked up to a car outside
- told her dad she had a ride home
- she walked out wearing sunglasses

One very logical reason for her phone/cc to be at the restaurant is that she never left the restaurant. If that was the case, then I believe the case would have gotten more coverage and attention. I have to believe by now, the cook’s story has been confirmed by LE with surveillance videos showing her leaving. More importantly, I’ve read SM posts by friends/family in the last day or so saying “she is out there”. So I think she did indeed leave the restaurant and they know that.

Another logical explanation is that she ran away willingly and left her stuff behind so she is not tracked. Couldn’t she also have put her phone in airplane mode to avoid being tracked? Or turned off location? A teenager wouldn’t want to leave her phone behind with all her photos, apps, etc. I also don’t think she forgot them behind. She remembered to take her glasses? Why forget everything else. For that reason, I don’t think she ran away.

I really think she walked out with the intentions of coming right back to the restaurant - that explains why her belongings were left behind. I think she walked out to talk to someone she knew - a quick chat, a quick smoke, something. I don’t think who came in that car was her ride, if it was she would have taken her stuff with her. Someone she trusted enough to sit in the car with willingly - not shoved in or anything. That would explain why this isn’t an abduction and why no Amber alerts (again by now the cook’s story is confirmed via videos and LE saw her get in the car). And that driver took off. In the eyes of LE she left willingly; in the eyes of her family she is out there and in danger because she is with someone she isn’t supposed to be with and why it’s a one man show for her poor dad to find his daughter :(

Poke holes in my theory but that’s the only thing that makes sense to me. Still can’t figure out the need for sunglasses at night though.

OK, I'll play. Given your theory, why hasn't whoever WAS supposed to be her ride home spoken up?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeSpice
Back