Recovered/Located TX - Alexis Cavazos, 16, last seen leaving her job, Dallas, 7 Feb 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The fact that she left her phone and other items behind means either:

1. She was taken quickly and/or against her will, before she had a chance to grab her things. This could be a restaurant patron, a colleague, or perhaps someone she knew (i.e., she has an older boyfriend that dad has forbidden her from seeing, he pulls up to chat with her behind the restaurant, she thinks she'll be out there for a few minutes only and he pulls her in and takes off)

2. She left the items there purposely and ran away.

If the cook's info is correct, either option could still be true. He saw her go out on purpose to run away, or he saw her go out for a moment and she was then taken by the dude in the luxury car w/ tinted windows.

The fact that dad mentioned she "isn't perfect" and the fact that the cook claims she took off in dark sunglasses even though it was nighttime, and the fact that her items were left behind, these pieces of evidence all make me lean toward option 2. She ran away. She probably ran away with someone she wasn't supposed to be hanging around with.

To those of you with previous restaurant experience, would everyone or most everyone leave at the same time together when closing? Did the Manger or someone stay behind to finish closing procedures?
I mean it does depend on what your position is I think... like a hostess for example would normally leave before servers or kitchen staff. If this place was small , then yes it’s probably a common thing for most to get off around the same time. The kitchen seems like it would take the longest to close up .
Moo

The fact that she left her phone and other items behind means either:

1. She was taken quickly and/or against her will, before she had a chance to grab her things. This could be a restaurant patron, a colleague, or perhaps someone she knew (i.e., she has an older boyfriend that dad has forbidden her from seeing, he pulls up to chat with her behind the restaurant, she thinks she'll be out there for a few minutes only and he pulls her in and takes off)

2. She left the items there purposely and ran away.

If the cook's info is correct, either option could still be true. He saw her go out on purpose to run away, or he saw her go out for a moment and she was then taken by the dude in the luxury car w/ tinted windows.

The fact that dad mentioned she "isn't perfect" and the fact that the cook claims she took off in dark sunglasses even though it was nighttime, and the fact that her items were left behind, these pieces of evidence all make me lean toward option 2. She ran away. She probably ran away with someone she wasn't supposed to be hanging around with.
but her dad made it clear that she has never run away before , and it’s not like her at all. So I would lean more towards someone lured her in the car against her will. What if she never met a car though , what if that story doesn’t check out?

moo

but her dad made it clear that she has never run away before , and it’s not like her at all. So I would lean more towards someone lured her in the car against her will. What if she never met a car though , what if that story doesn’t check out?

moo
If there never was a car then I'd be looking at one of the employees that didn't answer their phone. I doubt someone would answer the phone in the process of committing a crime. Just MOO.

moo
BBM. Maybe she hasn't been groomed before. When she started working there was more opportunity to meet new friends.

Restaurants all have their own way of doing things. I can only speak of my experiences. Hostesses seat people and sometimes take care of cash register. Waitresses often take payments at tables. But some people do not want to wait for waitress and will pay at till. There maybe takeout orders also. End of nite waitresses and waiters cash out. Usually the working staff leaves as soon as possible. But end of nite a complete take of cash register is usually done by manager.

moo

I think most parents would say the same thing, and don't put a ton of stock into that as evidence, unfortunately.

It would seem that if someone was giving her a ride that that someone would’ve said something. If a fellow employee, that they were supposed to take her but when she was gone they decided she got a ride with someone else. If a friend, then that person should’ve said when they arrived to get her she wasn’t there. As far as we know, nobody has claimed they were to have been her ride, correct?

It would seem that if someone was giving her a ride that that someone would’ve said something. If a fellow employee, that they were supposed to take her but when she was gone they decided she got a ride with someone else. If a friend, then that person should’ve said when they arrived to get her she wasn’t there. As far as we know, nobody has claimed they were to have been her ride, correct?
Not that I have seen posted on this thread, no.

I know it's been crazy in the Dallas area with the recent weather disaster, but I sure wish we would hear more from LE about this missing teen. She was apparently a straight A student as well as holding down a job. Obviously a smart and industrious kid. I am having a hard time believing she would take off and leave all her possessions behind. I also think if she had of left voluntarily, she would have resurfaced by now or one of her friends would have cracked and advised where she is.

I'm very worried about this young gal, and I'm praying she is found soon.

Amateur opinion and speculation

See this really got me that he fell asleep with her not home and waited to call manager in the AM. I would be freaking out!!!
I could never fall asleep until my kids were home even at 20. Reading websleuths made me a helicopter parent. Maybe her dad wanted to call all of her friends, her mom and other relatives before calling the police. MOO

See this really got me that he fell asleep with her not home and waited to call manager in the AM. I would be freaking out!!!

It doesn't bother me at all that dad fell asleep waiting for her to come home, given the hour it was.
It also doesn't bother me that he waited to call her manager, because it sounds to me like he was trying to remain calm, and not over react, maybe piece together info and figure out where she was on his own, before calling 911.

jmo

It doesn't bother me at all that dad fell asleep waiting for her to come home, given the hour it was.
It also doesn't bother me that he waited to call her manager, because it sounds to me like he was trying to remain calm, and not over react, maybe piece together info and figure out where she was on his own, before calling 911.

jmo
I agree I think he took all the right steps .
Moo

In my brief time on websleuths, Texas missing people or crime victims do not get a lot of media coverage. It’s up to the family and friends to create the media interest. Sad but true.

I think it is partially the extremely high volume of crime in Texas. It’s been sad to watch. From murder to missing person to hit and run to child who died after a supposed trip to the playground. The amount of violent crime in Texas makes it hard to break through even in these crazy horrible cases. There are just so many innocent victims. Sometimes you see that problem in the biggest cities.

By comparison look at Pennsylvania for example. There are regular street crimes but the stand out crimes still always break through. Jmo

In my brief time on websleuths, Texas missing people or crime victims do not get a lot of media coverage. It’s up to the family and friends to create the media interest. Sad but true.

I think it is partially the extremely high volume of crime in Texas. It’s been sad to watch. From murder to missing person to hit and run to child who died after a supposed trip to the playground. The amount of violent crime in Texas makes it hard to break through even in these crazy horrible cases. There are just so many innocent victims. Sometimes you see that problem in the biggest cities.

By comparison look at Pennsylvania for example. There are regular street crimes but the stand out crimes still always break through. Jmo
I completely agree a huge part is keeping family and friends involved !
Moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tb3
Back