Recovered/Located TX - Alexis Cavazos, 16, last seen leaving her job, Dallas, 7 Feb 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don’t think the cook’s account of her leaving is suspicious. At least not with what we know at this point. He probably just saw her open the door and walk out, glimpsed a black car, then the door closed. End of story with him. He was busy closing up and probably assumed she was picked up and never really thought much of it again. If we find out something else that makes his story not add up then fine, but right now it sounds totally plausible to me.

Edit: Just because I think she left voluntarily ( she was told to leave behind cell because of tracking, and cards so they won't be used to track her later) , doesn't mean I don't think she's not over her head. Many young girls, find themselves in precarious positions when they are first venturing out. Most end up with a cool story they tell their friends later, how mysterious and thrilling the experience was. They omit the part where they found themselves being completely terrified when they were in a bedroom with some strange guy they just met, and nobody knew where they were.
I think this is very insightful. I’m leaning toward her leaving on her own but maybe ending up in a bad position. I have no idea exactly what the situation is—could be she met someone shady online and the family fight pushed her into leaving with this person, leaving with a “crush” who might have been into drugs and she tried something and OD’d, being groomed and trafficked, left with an unknown boyfriend (maybe older) and wants to be gone—could be SO many things. She is right at that age to pull away from parental control and usually in a not so smart way. But from the family’s description of her, I think she could be in over her head.

If her phone is left behind surely there would be communication that law enforcement could access so why would the perpetrator convince her to leave phone behind? Doesn't add up IMO
We don’t even know that there is a perp. I mean if she did leave with somebody in that car (which is likely) it doesn’t necessarily mean it was a nefarious plan to start with. That person obviously knows where she is at this point and needs to come forward, but it’s not a given that that person told her to leave her phone. She could have left it because SHE didn’t want to be tracked or perhaps she intended to only step out for a minute. But obviously then, what happened to her? There are lots of possibilities.

We don’t even know that there is a perp. I mean if she did leave with somebody in that car (which is likely) it doesn’t necessarily mean it was a nefarious plan to start with. That person obviously knows where she is at this point and needs to come forward, but it’s not a given that that person told her to leave her phone. She could have left it because SHE didn’t want to be tracked or perhaps she intended to only step out for a minute. But obviously then, what happened to her? There are lots of possibilities.
Is her dad still speaking out ?

I’m still curious: if she did have a burner phone that she used for communication she didn’t want her dad to know about (sounds like she maybe had an iPhone tied to a family plan), would LE be able to look at cell traffic data from her house, school, work, etc, and figure out the location of that burner phone now?

Example: if satellite, tower, the home WiFi history, or whatever could identify that an unknown-to-the-family-plan device has been pinging a network from their home, and see that that same device had pinged the network from her workplace and school, could they learn info about that device that wold then lead them to the current location of that device?

I’m still curious: if she did have a burner phone that she used for communication she didn’t want her dad to know about (sounds like she maybe had an iPhone tied to a family plan), would LE be able to look at cell traffic data from her house, school, work, etc, and figure out the location of that burner phone now?

Example: if satellite, tower, the home WiFi history, or whatever could identify that an unknown-to-the-family-plan device has been pinging a network from their home, and see that that same device had pinged the network from her workplace and school, could they learn info about that device that wold then lead them to the current location of that device?
No a burner phone can’t be traced as far as I know.

No a burner phone can’t be traced as far as I know.

I'm not so sure. I mean, I understand that a burner phone can't be inherently connected to a person via a billing account, but all cell phones including burners use cell signal and ping towers just like regular cell phones, don't they? That means they have numbers that are traceable, just not tied to a specific person, I think (not 100% sure but I think so).

So I think if, rather than looking for a name/identity associated with a phone, LE were to look at, say, all phone numbers recently active at her home. And they'd find perhaps a dozen or two dozen -- family members plus visitors. Then they look at all numbers recently active at the restaurant location, and also at her school location. They'll find a few, because she might have school friends who also work at the restaurant and who also have visited her home, or her family might patronize the restaurant sometimes. But nearly all of those matching numbers will be non-burner phones that can be traced to individuals. Hopefully that would leave only one or two unidentified numbers which might be her, and LE could look to see recent activity/location data on them.

MOO

Actually you can track a burner phone but you have to do some homework in order to do it.

There was a case in Canada where a guy purchased a burner phone and answered an online ad for a truck for sale using the burner phone.

He kidnapped one owner while on a "test" drive, killed him and kept the truck.

The phone number from the burner phone showed up on the the truck owner's phone. LE traced that number to where it was sold. A sales record was obtained and they knew who bought it although it was a false name but not false enough.

The number was was tracked and eventually it all came together and the perp was arrested. Charged with first degree murder, found guilty and will spend the rest of his life in prison. (Dellen Millard murdered Tim Bosma for his truck).

So yes, a burner phone can be tracked and traced but it takes work.

It looks like, from a social media video post of her birthday on her page, Alexis is, like most teens, using her phone nonstop, even during the quick birthday song. IMO she seems distracted, not that it means anything related to this situation, but just commenting on how much multitasking these kids can do.

I used to work with a youth organization and there was a teen who had been taught to use a private browser on the internet to talk to someone who was grooming her. Her parents tracked her online activity so apparently this prevented them from seeing all of their conversations. I don't think he got her a burner phone. But there are other ways these people are able to talk to teens on their original phones/computers and it is very scary.

It looks like, from a social media video post of her birthday on her page, Alexis is, like most teens, using her phone nonstop, even during the quick birthday song. IMO she seems distracted, not that it means anything related to this situation, but just commenting on how much multitasking these kids can do.

I used to work with a youth organization and there was a teen who had been taught to use a private browser on the internet to talk to someone who was grooming her. Her parents tracked her online activity so apparently this prevented them from seeing all of their conversations. I don't think he got her a burner phone. But there are other ways these people are able to talk to teens on their original phones/computers and it is very scary.
It seems as if her Dad did as much as he could to monitor her online interactions. Unfortunately, many of todays teens are all online houdini's; which can be their downfall.

As the days go by, it's hard to remain optimist, but my prayers for this family continue. It's hard to believe she wouldn't have reached out to her family considering the major storm that just transpired in her area.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I think this is even more likely than a burner phone.

Last edited:
Actually you can track a burner phone but you have to do some homework in order to do it.

There was a case in Canada where a guy purchased a burner phone and answered an online ad for a truck for sale using the burner phone.

He kidnapped one owner while on a "test" drive, killed him and kept the truck.

The phone number from the burner phone showed up on the the truck owner's phone. LE traced that number to where it was sold. A sales record was obtained and they knew who bought it although it was a false name but not false enough.

The number was was tracked and eventually it all came together and the perp was arrested. Charged with first degree murder, found guilty and will spend the rest of his life in prison. (Dellen Millard murdered Tim Bosma for his truck).

So yes, a burner phone can be tracked and traced but it takes work.

Be aware at all times. Goes for hiking in the mountains, serving fast food in Dallas or going to parties. The minute you let down your guard, someone who wants to take advantage of a situation will do exactly that. Unfortunate, but true.

I don’t think so ? I mean we haven’t been told much it’s so crazy!!
She doesn’t have it listed on her FB profile. I haven’t checked other SM. The restaurant is near Skyline HS, and I think she lived close to Boomer Jack’s, so I’m thinking maybe Skyline. I wonder if she was doing online or in-person.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lostnfound
Back